MGP13 Modding Questions Thread

yes it works. but I can not do this to create a 3d model of the custom helmets. my 3ds skills are not sufficient for it, unfortunately.
but thx anyway :)

nope: custom helmet no 3d

Could you explain what you are trying to do with what software?

Does your PS have 3D capabilities....ie a 3D tab at the top where the drop down menus are?

What software are you wanting to use to view the 3D model....3DS Max? Blender? 3DSimed? Maya? Cinema 4D? Keyshot?

Only reason I ask is that both of the examples I gave to you would have a model of the helmet in some form or other, and I can export them from PS to a DAE format and view them pretty much in any 3D program I want.

I will make Custom Helmet Skin and its easier with an 3d model. PS CS5 Extended sure with 3D capabilities. 3DS Max sure i can open the Rider an the Marques Helmet etc In the Moto2 Pack the Helmet is no 3d file, so i cant export it

If you can open it in 3DS Max, you can export it in a 3DS format too.

But if you can open the model in PS why do you want to save it as a 3DS in Max just to import back into PS to paint?

The custom Helmet is no 3d model! But this would like to have, so I can create the skin in PS easier. we're talking past each other, i think^^

Sorry but I must be a complete dumbass or something.

Both the files I listed do have an actual 3D model for PS.

Am I missing something?

You can't import more moves, mate. You can make moves but importing them is impossible.
Well yeah substituting Biaggi for Stoner would do for some Zeli, I just wonder if it would work out at all and if substituting models would work either way without spoiling the game.
The move engine remained the same and the modelling could maybe work I'm not sure on that I'd substitute the 2008 SBK Yamaha for the 2009 in the Legends DLC if this is gonna work, and maybe bring KTM to the Top rounds. Just a lot of if right now.

Well yeah substituting Biaggi for Stoner would do for some Zeli, I just wonder if it would work out at all and if substituting models would work either way without spoiling the game.
The move engine remained the same and the modelling could maybe work I'm not sure on that I'd substitute the 2008 SBK Yamaha for the 2009 in the Legends DLC if this is gonna work, and maybe bring KTM to the Top rounds. Just a lot of if right now.
I've been wondering whether transferring bike models from one of the many Milestone games (SBK Generations for example) was possible; on the other hand, this might mean copyright infringement, and beforehand should probably be clarified by some of the staff.

I've been wondering whether transferring bike models from one of the many Milestone games (SBK Generations for example) was possible; on the other hand, this might mean copyright infringement, and beforehand should probably be clarified by some of the staff.
Just had a look at SBK 08, except for Brands Hatch I couldn't find really much, the bikes are alltogether in 4 files within bikes.mix and doesn't seem to get any out of those, atleast I wouldn't know a way.
But they have splitted the moves in this game some look awkward compared to the new engine but some are still decent and even the physics aren't that messy kinda like MGP 08 so both restrictive getting anything anywhere, I remember the MGP 10 mod for it that didn't have substituted bikes unfortunatley even.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%