Modding Questions Thread

Modding question please.

Hello everyone! I would like to ask if anyone knows how to modify the game so that we can have a 22 car grid instead of 20 cars please? I.e. have 22 competitors/cars instead of 20 competing in the F1 2013 season just as in F1 2012?

Many thanks!

Duplicate teams I don't mind, no need to be super perfect, as long as there are 22 cars? Thanks!

First, you would need a new database editor.
Second, I bet my arse it is as impossible this year as has been last year. I think, you'd be able to add new rows and all the stuff for a new team but the game won't recognize it and would never be able to use a new garage which was never linked to be used in the code.

Someone should explain me how to add sponsors properly :s Because I suck at it apparently and on some board it fits on others it's totally crap ! :s

hy88.jpg

u6d9.jpg

nn08.jpg

vmbo.jpg

Hi! How can I mod cameras? Where are they located? What program should I use?
F1 2013\cars\<team>2\cameras.xml => drag&drop this file onto Ryder BXML Converter.exe
[alternatively search for cameras.xml in cars folder via windows search, select all files and drag&drop all files onto BXML Converter]
Open newly created cameras.C.xml with notepad, change stuff, save stuff, rename cameras.xml to sth else or move them anywhere else as backup. Rename cameras.C.xml to cameras.xml - done.

how can i change the database.bin without rde?

With patience.

Just found out today that the penalties in Codemasters F1 games can be changed by editing the database bin file.

To change to no penalties on F1 2013 (like every other racing game I only race offline against AI)
I would like to change that line in there, Ryan's Database Editor (actucal version) at my win8 is not able to open the database bin file of F1 2013.

Is there any solution or any other (free) bin editor that can edit the F1 2013 database.

Just found out today that the penalties in Codemasters F1 games can be changed by editing the database bin file.

To change to no penalties on F1 2013 (like every other racing game I only race offline against AI)
I would like to change that line in there, Ryan's Database Editor (actucal version) at my win8 is not able to open the database bin file of F1 2013.

Is there any solution or any other (free) bin editor that can edit the F1 2013 database.

[Moved to correct forum and thread (modding questions) - mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Modding for F1 2013 is in a disappointing position right now.

It's been discussed that there will be no car skins possible, meaning no HD textures and no 2014 skins available next year.

Also the database is only accessible once Ryder has added additional code but has limited time to do this. This has a knock on effect to helmets since the finned helmets can't be removed to allow the use of 2012 helmet textures.

It looks like code masters have concentrated on classic content and destroying modding for this years game.

I hope to take a look at the ai aggression and braking points at some stage, but other 2012 ai modders have mentioned that they prefer the 2012 format and I imagine we won't see their great talent applied to 2013 either.

Really sad!

Modding for F1 2013 is in a disappointing position right now.

It's been discussed that there will be no car skins possible, meaning no HD textures and no 2014 skins available next year.

Also the database is only accessible once Ryder has added additional code but has limited time to do this. This has a knock on effect to helmets since the finned helmets can't be removed to allow the use of 2012 helmet textures.

It looks like code masters have concentrated on classic content and destroying modding for this years game.

I hope to take a look at the ai aggression and braking points at some stage, but other 2012 ai modders have mentioned that they prefer the 2012 format and I imagine we won't see their great talent applied to 2013 either.

Really sad!

No, HD and DHD cars are still possible with no hassle at all......providing they are just copies of the original game file to a degree. I have a few DHD cars already in game that I am testing framerates with etc etc.

The modding of car skins will become more difficult to near impossible (depending on the design of the skin) if you venture away from the original texture.

But I will agree, that Codemasters has done the skinning part of the modding community no favours at all with this years game, they may have well just locked the textures and been done with it.

No, HD and DHD cars are still possible with no hassle at all......providing they are just copies of the original game file to a degree. I have a few DHD cars already in game that I am testing framerates with etc etc.

The modding of car skins will become more difficult to near impossible (depending on the design of the skin) if you venture away from the original texture.

But I will agree, that Codemasters has done the skinning part of the modding community no favours at all with this years game, they may have well just locked the textures and been done with it.

Oh! So they are possible to an extent?

Hope we see your DHD skins as releases soon!? The default textures just make me check the forums immediately for any releases.

I have asked a fellow skin modder of yours this question but wanted to see your answer too.....

Let's say when the time comes for 2014 cars, could you create a skin that pretty much resembles the new car without being exact?

Oh! So they are possible to an extent?

Hope we see your DHD skins as releases soon!? The default textures just make me check the forums immediately for any releases.

I have asked a fellow skin modder of yours this question but wanted to see your answer too.....

Let's say when the time comes for 2014 cars, could you create a skin that pretty much resembles the new car without being exact?

That would depend on how the cars paint design will change.

If they are too different from the current version.....it wouldn't be likely as things stand for now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.5%