Modding Questions Thread

hello guys! i have a problem... i ve made some changes to snthennumbers "true to life ai 2013 season v1.4" mod's database and after that i notice that the game (f1 2012) crashes when play "champions" mode. i start the first race ( against kimi) and when i press enter it sends me back to windows... any help? thanks!

does anybody know how i can increase the grip of the monte carlo circuit's surface? i just want to make it a little bit less slippery... i 'd also like to know how to adjust the visual tyre wear rate and how to replace the grass effect (on tyres) with dust. thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a bit late in the day for f1 2012, but I cant seem to get sweet fx working :(
i have downloaded the configuration exe and ran it (have tried both in f1 2012 folder and from my documents) both times it appears to work but as soon as i start f12012.exe it refuses to start saying that it "cant initialise graphics. directx 10 or 11 support required"

I have searched on Google for a fix but no luck.
can anyone help?
thanks

p.s. please quote my post in any answers regarding this

I'm making my GP2 Mod, I did all the handling, I'll change now AI. I know how to change AI-speed in turns and their braking lines, but I don't know how to change their speed in straight lines. Does someone know?

I'm making my GP2 Mod, I did all the handling, I'll change now AI. I know how to change AI-speed in turns and their braking lines, but I don't know how to change their speed in straight lines. Does someone know?
virtual performance?
you can also mess around with .ctf files in balanced (for AI), and in track (for player), you could reduce/increase drag, and grip. (though I wouldn't recommend altering AI's grip at all here, as it makes no difference, unless you lower it then the AI always run wide in fast forners)

virtual performance?
you can also mess around with .ctf files in balanced (for AI), and in track (for player), you could reduce/increase drag, and grip. (though I wouldn't recommend altering AI's grip at all here, as it makes no difference, unless you lower it then the AI always run wide in fast forners)

.ctf files are only for players, I worked already on that. I virtual performance works very bad because it won't change a F1 speed into a GP2 speed.
I need to change something in .xml files that are in track/route_0 but I don't know what exactly ...

Is there anyway to customise the garage music? There's .bnk files in /audio/soundbanks but I'm not entirely sure what to do with them. I can't open them in any of the programs I have, not audacity or even foobar2000.

Is there anyway to customise the garage music? There's .bnk files in /audio/soundbanks but I'm not entirely sure what to do with them. I can't open them in any of the programs I have, not audacity or even foobar2000.

Sorry, I don't know

I made AI for Bahrain track for my GP2 mod but I have just one problem: AI times are good when I'm on track but when I'm in the garage, cars are as fast as F1 but only when I'm in the garage. Does someone know how to fix that? Do you know how to change this "default performance per lap" without changing performance when i'm on track?

Sorry, I don't know

I made AI for Bahrain track for my GP2 mod but I have just one problem: AI times are good when I'm on track but when I'm in the garage, cars are as fast as F1 but only when I'm in the garage. Does someone know how to fix that? Do you know how to change this "default performance per lap" without changing performance when i'm on track?
You can edit the database > track_model table > hard_dry_lap_time_adjustment (and hard_wet) columns. Positive values slow the AI down, negative speed them up. Just remember this is only to adjust the laptimes the AI make during time acceleration, going back to garage etc.

You can edit the database > track_model table > hard_dry_lap_time_adjustment (and hard_wet) columns. Positive values slow the AI down, negative speed them up. Just remember this is only to adjust the laptimes the AI make during time acceleration, going back to garage etc.
Thank you very much!!! it's what I need!

Edit: When an AI driver hits my car, only AI car makes a spin. Why? Can I change that?
Edit 2: What do I have to change in order that AI performance depends more on driver than on tier (I have all cars on the same tier, and I want to make more differences, and depending on the drivers)

Last edited:
Hi,

I want to have an onw helmet and own gloves in my career. So I edit the Higtxt of Nico Rosberg and imported my gloves and helmet. The helmet is working fine but the gloves are not. During the prescene (Entering the car) my driver has the right gloves, but as soon as I AM the driver in the car (Cockpitview) my gloves are yellow again...

Can anyone help me out? Which data is used for the career gloves if its not just the hig*.txt

Thank you!

EDIT: I found the answer by myself. To change the gloves you also have to edit the .pssg data in the livery folder in cars.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years