MGP17 Modding question.

I am using MixFile ReMixer to mod. I have gotten it to work before, but now when i try and mod the Data.MIX file and i start the game, it freezes on the start up screen. I have followed the steps in the MixFile ReMixer but still it do this,it happens in both MotoGp and Ride 2.
(i have even tested to do it without changing anything in the Data.MIX file and still get the same result.)

I am using MixFile ReMixer to mod. I have gotten it to work before, but now when i try and mod the Data.MIX file and i start the game, it freezes on the start up screen. I have followed the steps in the MixFile ReMixer but still it do this,it happens in both MotoGp and Ride 2.
(i have even tested to do it without changing anything in the Data.MIX file and still get the same result.)
Okay this generally happens when you pick the wrong filepath and repack it.

Check this, when you try to repack the Data.mix, make sure the internal iflepath column (the second column) is like:
DATA\AFXLOW.BML
DATA\AFXFLOWMENU.BML ...

If it's something like:
randomfolder\DATA\AFXLOW.BML
randomfolder\DATA\AFXFLOWMENU.BML ...

Then it's wrong. This happens when you extract your Data.mix in a folder (randomfolder). Let's say you extract your Data.mix in a folder called "MotoGP Data".

Then you edit the files. When you repack it, you can't choose the MotoGP Data folder, you have to go inside it and pick the DATA folder. Otherwise it will mess up the Internal Filepath structure and the game won't find the files.

If you choose the external folder, like MotoGP Data, you can Tick the "Ommit root folder" option. This will tell MixFile ReMixer to ignore the parent folder so the Internal Filepath will be okay even if you didn't choose the DATA folder directly.

Hope this helped

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 146 7.6%
  • < 5 years