Modding Programs / Modding Questions

I'd love to start a season that would simulate the 2014 season, and have the pecking-order of what it seems like 2014 will have between the teams, I'm playing F1 2011, but I decided to post this here, as there are more people who read this....

Here's my idea:

I've noticed that the pecking-order between teams is hard-wired in the game, and even if you edit a lot of stuff with the various editors, the Red Bull will still be much better "on track" than the Caterham for instance.
I'd like to have the the Merc be the dominant car, and have the Red Bull be worse, and decided that the best way to do this would simply be to "swap" these teams, so that the Red Bull would be the Merc, and the Merc would be the Red Bull. I swapped team names, driver names etc. with the Language Editor, and this was all very easy. The problem is with getting the liveries changed. I copied and renamed the correct files from the livery_main folders, but this did not work as I had hoped as the Merc and Red Bull chassis are not of the same shape, so the liveries don't fit the design of the car, and the ads and logos are not in the correct spots.
So, is there a way to somehow get the Merc to use the Red Bull chassis/design, so that the Red Bull livery would fit on the Merc, and vice versa? If so, how do I do it? I don't want to edit the liveries, as it would be extremely time consuming.

I'd love to start a season that would simulate the 2014 season, and have the pecking-order of what it seems like 2014 will have between the teams, I'm playing F1 2011, but I decided to post this here, as there are more people who read this....

Here's my idea:

I've noticed that the pecking-order between teams is hard-wired in the game, and even if you edit a lot of stuff with the various editors, the Red Bull will still be much better "on track" than the Caterham for instance.
I'd like to have the the Merc be the dominant car, and have the Red Bull be worse, and decided that the best way to do this would simply be to "swap" these teams, so that the Red Bull would be the Merc, and the Merc would be the Red Bull. I swapped team names, driver names etc. with the Language Editor, and this was all very easy. The problem is with getting the liveries changed. I copied and renamed the correct files from the livery_main folders, but this did not work as I had hoped as the Merc and Red Bull chassis are not of the same shape, so the liveries don't fit the design of the car, and the ads and logos are not in the correct spots.
So, is there a way to somehow get the Merc to use the Red Bull chassis/design, so that the Red Bull livery would fit on the Merc, and vice versa? If so, how do I do it? I don't want to edit the liveries, as it would be extremely time consuming.
Post in the moddind questions thread for F1 2011 :)
And, swap high_lod and low_lod files in the main car folder (**1) for livery, and swap files in livery_main to get the right sponsrs
Hope this helped ;) And post this where it should be next time

Does anyone know how to shrink the size of the setting Sun in Abu Dhabi's F1 2011?
F1_2011_2014_05_06_23_49_55_317.jpg

Edit: That OSD-less screenshot up here was taken on lap 9 (L09|55)
F1_2011_2014_05_06_23_53_56_357.jpg

I have succeeded to make it set at the correct coordinates, and at about the right time (that's a screenshot without OSD taken on Lap 10|55). I removed the distant towers behind the straight's grandstand, and only left the cranes there (although, I may re-insert one of the distant buildings later, that is, the one that doesn't "pop up").
F1_2011_2014_05_06_23_54_53_307.jpg

F1_2011_2014_05_06_23_55_29_817.jpg

These above 2 were taken on the next lap (L11|55)

I really would love to find a way to perfect it by reducing the Sun's size a little bit. IMHO, that's the one time CM made that track almost perfectly (except for all the mods I and other RD modders did on it), I mean, visually (crowds taking pictures with camera - or phone - flashes, grandstand lights, they look so "alive" and fun):
F1_2011_2014_05_06_23_57_04_557.jpg

Contrary to their last 2 products, F1 2012 & F1 2013, which look "dead" (why they destroy their own products little by little each year is beyond understanding).

Please PM me the way you know how to mod the Sun's size if you know how!! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
How to take a sunset on 50% race? Is there a way to increase the time? Because i know only a way to have full night...

Somehow, I missed your post (too many ALERTS at the same time, I guess). Sorry for that. I provided a working Download link from my MediaFire account in PM Conversation. It should work fine for your 50% races, since the Sun sets between L09 and L11.

It also works as it should have been for FP1 (daytime) FP2 (nightime) FP3 (daytime), Q1 (fast sunset sequence), Q2 and Q3 (nightime). Reply to Conversation if not working.

Hello friends someone would kindly pass me the Ryder Language Editor by mail or contact me because I'm looking like crazy and there is no way

I was asked by somebody if I could put them in touch with a 3D modeler. The guy is making mods for rF2 but needs help. Does anybody have any ideas please?

So I were able to mod a lot of stuff. I made different driver lineups, track-changings and stuff, but from one day onto another, the Ego's Database did not work anymore.
I updated the .NET Framework, downloaded it a lot of times again, installed F1 2014 a couple of times again and still it's telling me "Failing to convert".

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I have run into an issue with the database editor.

I was moving Heikki Kovalainen to Williams, it is all working with the language and pssg editor, but have an issue with the database.

Everything is fine except for the country. It still displays as Venezuela. I have the flow.bin necessary, so does anyone know what could be wrong?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back