Mod work continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Morgan is far too fast guys, its the best handling car, its lovely to drive, its faster than the Vette in a line its just too much, we tested Donington gp and if you dont think two people hitting 1.29.8 (Thats faster than any STC qualification so far) on default setup when all other cars are 31-32s isn't too fast then erm......lol come on its in another class :)
Its the nicest car I ever drove in EVO, but its out of step with the others in the mod. I would almost compare it to the origonal 430-997 mod, the mod was supposed to be balanced with the standard cars, but infact both cars were a good deal faster than any standard cars (we did a series in them and we smashed all our lap records by 1-2 seconds), I think the Morgan would be able to keep up with that mod.

The rest of the mod seems well balanced, I can see the time and care that has been spent. I really like all the new cars they all have distinct character. The sounds are also lovely, really bring a smile to your face, some cars seems to rev too low however, 430, 997 and Lambo I think should be revving to 9000 but thats just me picking sorry ;)

Thanks Günthar and Team for your hard work.

Sorry m8, I didn't think to record that so far, we will test more tonight so I'll make sure to take notes :) Thanks for looking into the problems.

Back on the Morgan (shame to change whats such a lovely car, I'm gonna keep that one for joy riding) Just test its acceleration and speed against the Vette it can't be matched, I tried to catch it (in the Vette) down the straight while in its slipstreme and it still pulled away (add that to supreme handling and you have a "monster" of a car as JB would say), if you tone that down, that is a good start.

Will be testing the mod on a different track tonight, will let you know what happens. (we are testing as a team btw so we can quickly see whats happening, we had 6 guys up till 4am last night lol)

Yea, I have already suggested to the team that bringing down the speeds might do it. We had some discussions about it being too fast but we couldn't really put a finger on it as it differed from person to person but now it is clear that it is faster then the rest. Stay tuned!

did notice one other thing with the morgan it's front tyres wear at a lot higher rate the other cars that i looked at, only tried the default setups so far so i ain't tried to dial it out yet but it could be one thing to look at as it could fade as the race goes on or even have to make an extra stop for tyres.

You got a point Neil, balancing cars is no easy thing to do, infact I think its damn near impossible (although I do think most of the mod has good balance, its a job well done, but everything always needs tweaking thats the just the way it is, even SimBin bring patches out for car balances). However I dare say I could dial that tire wear out in the Morgan and the car being super super stable it would still be good to drive probably quicker lol.

The Club cars seemed to have more power (Power to weight ratio)

I agree with you about the Sounds Mike (Porsche, ferrari, Lambo and the M3)

Maybe we can just have a Morgan only Championship :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years