Mod with forced paddle shift - how to change to forced H-shifter?

Hi

Recently downloaded a phenomenal mod of Corvette C5-R (via link on a YT stream), especially the sound part is extraordinary.
But changing gears in that wonder is forced to paddle shift, which for the most part destroys the overall experience.

So how do I change to forced H-shifter to fulfill my experience?

Sorry for disturbance, found out myself directly after posting :D

It's in the drivetrain.ini file.
Location: \\assettocorsa\content\cars\(carmod folder)\data\drivetrain.ini
Set variable SUPPORTS_SHIFTER = 1 in the [GEARBOX] section:

Code:
[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=85                        ; change up time in milliseconds
CHANGE_DN_TIME=120                        ; change down time in milliseconds
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=100                    ; Auto cutoff time for upshifts in milliseconds, 0 to disable
SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1                        ; 1=Car supports shifter, 0=car supports only paddles
VALID_SHIFT_RPM_WINDOW=800                ;range window additional to the precise rev matching rpm that permits gear engage.
CONTROLS_WINDOW_GAIN=0.4                ;multiplayer for gas,brake,clutch pedals that permits gear engage on different rev matching rpm. the lower the more difficult.
INERTIA=0.04                            ; gearbox inertia. default values to 0.02 if not set

So now I have forced H-shifter for this monster of a Vette C5-R, yahoo!

Edit: apparently the Vette mod linked to in a YT video is a part of a FIA GT2004/6 mod called 'RSS GT Pack', which is payable as I reckon. Better send the modders some credit for their job. This somehow brings GTR2 into modern era (at least on parts of the car front - on other parts I still prefer GTR2).
The Q is: how did I live without this mod for almost 3 years since release date? :D
THANKS, RAC3 SIM STUDIOS!

Last edited:
[Off-Topic!]
OK, so just additional info of this mod. I discovered this Corvette C5-R mod was indeed not a part of the RSS GT Pack. But it can be played well together with the pack. The paddleshift version of the C5-R which I found at a link on a YT steam can be found with H-shift mod from this location, however info states it requires the RSS GT Pack (which my original download didn't)
The mod referred to in the OP can be found at this location.
Such a blast! And as a user on another forum stated:
"It's therapeutic. Anything more fun would probably be illegal"
:inlove:

Last edited:
Could you kindly point me in the direction of that mod? I can't seem to find it.

Obviously I should have saved the YT clip with the link in the comments, but sadfully I haven't:(
It might be the linked in an answer from the uploader in this video.
But I'm not quite sure. I'll try and find out when I'm homa again tomorrow, if I have something more precise I'll post here again.

Edit: Above mod was not the right one.
Quite sure I found the splendid mod version of the C5.R in this list:
Edit: neither direct link nor html coded link works on this forum, the link is
https:// perendinator (dot) blogspot (dot) com/2019/02/fia-gt-20046-assetto-corsa.html
As you'll notice info says requirement of the RSS GT mod pack, but I clearly remember I installed it and modified the drivetrain.ini file and drove it successfully before I installed the RSS GT DLC package.

So my clear suggestion: Please try this mod with the H-shifter activated. So much more driving pleasure than paddleshift :) Preferable at a track suiting the C5.R such as e.g. Codegua ;)

Last edited:
As you'll notice info says requirement of the RSS GT mod pack, but I clearly remember I installed it and modified the drivetrain.ini file and drove it successfully before I installed the RSS GT DLC package.
yeah there is no way a requirement for the RSS mod could be written into the data for that C5R mod, only Kunos itself can program these checks for their DLC files into the main game executable.

Tho maybe that mod uses soundfiles or colliders or something from the RSS mod and this requirement was written as a sorta legal "fail safe" so that the mod is not distributing "aquired" RSS files the user doesn't already own.

yeah there is no way a requirement for the RSS mod could be written into the data for that C5R mod, only Kunos itself can program these checks for their DLC files into the main game executable.

Tho maybe that mod uses soundfiles or colliders or something from the RSS mod and this requirement was written as a sorta legal "fail safe" so that the mod is not distributing "aquired" RSS files the user doesn't already own.

Well. In fact my memory was wrong.
I've had AC uninstalled the last week or so during a SATA-SSD to M.2 SSD conversion project (new 2TB M.2 solely reserved for my 8 most used sim engines). and uninstalled all my simgames.
Just did a fresh Assetto Corsa base install late yesterday night and as a first thing afterwards installed the mod in my last link. However I was not able to load the car to track. But when installing the full RSS GT2004/06 mod I had no problems.
And quite convinced it is the mod of which I played a lot during start of Covid-19 repatriation. Still phenominal to drive deactivating all help, max FFB and manual H shifter. AND especially with an excellent sound system. Sound is a great part of the mod.

So think the mod is something between a skin mod and a full stand alone mod. I've seen this quite often in free GTR2 and rF1 mods. This limitation does not solely apply for nowadays massively advertized official DLC's.

Last edited:
Sorry for disturbance, found out myself directly after posting :D

It's in the drivetrain.ini file.
Location: \\assettocorsa\content\cars\(carmod folder)\data\drivetrain.ini
Set variable SUPPORTS_SHIFTER = 1 in the [GEARBOX] section:

Code:
[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=85                        ; change up time in milliseconds
CHANGE_DN_TIME=120                        ; change down time in milliseconds
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=100                    ; Auto cutoff time for upshifts in milliseconds, 0 to disable
SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1                        ; 1=Car supports shifter, 0=car supports only paddles
VALID_SHIFT_RPM_WINDOW=800                ;range window additional to the precise rev matching rpm that permits gear engage.
CONTROLS_WINDOW_GAIN=0.4                ;multiplayer for gas,brake,clutch pedals that permits gear engage on different rev matching rpm. the lower the more difficult.
INERTIA=0.04                            ; gearbox inertia. default values to 0.02 if not set

So now I have forced H-shifter for this monster of a Vette C5-R, yahoo!

Edit: apparently the Vette mod linked to in a YT video is a part of a FIA GT2004/6 mod called 'RSS GT Pack', which is payable as I reckon. Better send the modders some credit for their job. This somehow brings GTR2 into modern era (at least on parts of the car front - on other parts I still prefer GTR2).
The Q is: how did I live without this mod for almost 3 years since release date? :D
THANKS, RAC3 SIM STUDIOS!
some cars dont have the data folder what should I do then?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back