Mod Questions

I'm looking for a better Renault engine. I like the trucks but I'm used to driving a Scania with 1,010 hp and the default Renault engines just don't cut it for me.
Also if anyone knows how to change the camera limitations i.e. I'd like to zoom out farther than allowed in chase view. Better screenshot composition is what I'm looking for.

One last thing. How can you turn off the sound for the income and fine notifications? I have a lot of drivers and it's really distracting going off constantly.
It would be cool to shorten the length of time speeding and red light offense messages block the mini map too. I'm always speeding and I never pay attention to lights.

Hi,
1. If you can upload the scania 1010 hp mod in the mod section I think I can convert it to the
renault.
2. For a better camera for screenshots use the freecam: use the tutorial below.
Go to the Documents folder / My Documents / ETS2
and then click the “config.cfg“, this opens it now with the text editor.
Now you look for the entry “uset g_developer” and
“uset g_console” and change there the “0” to “1“.
The speed of the camera:
“uset_g_flyspeed” 100.0 ” it is best to “100.0 ”
Editor save, done!
In the game you then press the “0” for free camera and the arrow keys 8,4,5,6 in the
numeric pad on the keyboard and the mouse movement.
3. I think I can mod these out. I'll get back to you on that. Not sure about the message
display length though but i'll have a look.

Hi,
1. If you can upload the scania 1010 hp mod in the mod section I think I can convert it to the
renault.
2. For a better camera for screenshots use the freecam: use the tutorial below.
Go to the Documents folder / My Documents / ETS2
and then click the “config.cfg“, this opens it now with the text editor.
Now you look for the entry “uset g_developer” and
“uset g_console” and change there the “0” to “1“.
The speed of the camera:
“uset_g_flyspeed” 100.0 ” it is best to “100.0 ”
Editor save, done!
In the game you then press the “0” for free camera and the arrow keys 8,4,5,6 in the
numeric pad on the keyboard and the mouse movement.
3. I think I can mod these out. I'll get back to you on that. Not sure about the message
display length though but i'll have a look.

Thanks. I rummaged around the interweb enough to finally discover the "flyhack". I did turn my flyspeed down to 75. I think even slower would be better.
That constant noise whenever a driver makes any money is really irritating. I like to record a lot of my drives with Fraps and it's just added noise IMO.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 116 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 91 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 84 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 58 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 124 13.8%