DiRT 4 Mod news:-UPDATE

Yes! Finally :rolleyes: hope now probably would be some news about a next RDRC Season 9 in 2018 @Ole Marius Myrvold ?? :whistling:;)

At least we'll move on to test D4, but I don't think the userbase will be bigger for D4 than DR are at present time. Anyway, like I've said earlier, the rules are currently being written "twice", one for DR and one for D4!

EDIT: Also, I would like some confirmation that this indeed does work! :)

20171206202311_1.jpg
20171206202307_1.jpg
i've done a few LITTLE mod's (added a sponsor to the glass of my career cars) and it's wokring fine

At least we'll move on to test D4, but I don't think the userbase will be bigger for D4 than DR are at present time. Anyway, like I've said earlier, the rules are currently being written "twice", one for DR and one for D4!

EDIT: Also, I would like some confirmation that this indeed does work! :)
Sorry, I didn´t read the DR discussion. I understand that your idea is run the championship in DR... I´m right?

Sorry, I didn´t read the DR discussion. I understand that your idea is run the championship in DR... I´m right?

From an organizers view, D4 is better in regards to splitting up classes and cross-platform. It's also got the random stages (that is possible to remember, but still - will make things different).
From a more commercial viewpoint, DR have more drivers, we have all the tools we need, and we know that they work.

So basically, we are unsure - which is why work is being done to have a ruleset for each game, and then we'll see what we'll use.
The issue I have, is that Codies keep teasing "more updates", and I do believe that with a proper physic-fix, DiRT 4 will have more players than DiRT Rally, and that will make the decision easy. However, there are also noises from Codies that imply that they have somewhat decided to implement changes in to their next project, instead of spending too much time on a "dead" DiRT 4.

It's a bloody mess. But we need to make a decision soon to be honest.

Rumours say that there will be an esport-update fpr D4...
I donˋt think they will do any physics-updates to D4 but the game - in my eyes - has more potential for a RDRC than DR. In DR we‘d be back to hotlapping the stages...in D4 this definitely won‘t happen. Even if all the guys know all the tiles used for every country, it won‘t be as driving a stage in DR.
As my health allows me to drive a car (and so to use my rig) from the middle of january again I hope the guys here at RDRC don‘t start too early ;)

I know that the Steam numbers doesn't give the full number on SLRE. But we would be better of going back to RBR when it comes to the amount of players.

Rumours say that there will be an esport-update fpr D4...
I donˋt think they will do any physics-updates to D4 but the game - in my eyes - has more potential for a RDRC than DR. In DR we‘d be back to hotlapping the stages...in D4 this definitely won‘t happen. Even if all the guys know all the tiles used for every country, it won‘t be as driving a stage in DR.
As my health allows me to drive a car (and so to use my rig) from the middle of january again I hope the guys here at RDRC don‘t start too early ;)

I think we (as in the RDRC-Crew) do agree with you when it comes to potential in D4. But seeing how the numbers are quite low in D4, and then we know that we won't get all D4 players to join RDRC, we need to look at what is viable for RDRC, both in terms of this season, but also for the future, and how we can use RDRC to attract sponsors etc. for the future. While we don't expect to rival last seasons numbers, we need to look at what will be positive for the championship's reputation as well.

From an organizers view, D4 is better in regards to splitting up classes and cross-platform. It's also got the random stages (that is possible to remember, but still - will make things different).
From a more commercial viewpoint, DR have more drivers, we have all the tools we need, and we know that they work.

So basically, we are unsure - which is why work is being done to have a ruleset for each game, and then we'll see what we'll use.
The issue I have, is that Codies keep teasing "more updates", and I do believe that with a proper physic-fix, DiRT 4 will have more players than DiRT Rally, and that will make the decision easy. However, there are also noises from Codies that imply that they have somewhat decided to implement changes in to their next project, instead of spending too much time on a "dead" DiRT 4.

It's a bloody mess. But we need to make a decision soon to be honest.
Thanks for your replay @Ole Marius Myrvold
I understand your position and I agree with that. We will wait for your decision and will be ready to participate in it, whatever it may be ;)

Thanks for your replay @Ole Marius Myrvold
I understand your position and I agree with that. We will wait for your decision and will be ready to participate in it, whatever it may be ;)

:) There will be some DiRT 4 club events very soon to do some testing there, and also see the numbers that shows up.
But already when setting up events I see more stuff that makes DiRT Rally more viable than D4. We'll see :) Club events coming very soon at least :)

eSports on DiRT 4 will be a reality. This is leaked by a Codemasters partner

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dirthelleniccommunity/permalink/1976047119310508/

https://clips.twitch.tv/AuspiciousWonderfulWoodcockCharlietheUnicorn

I've setup a League for the Hellenic Community to test the update. It seems to work just fine.

The only feature it misses is the ability to add mixed stages from different countries. This would elevate the "real rally" feeling.

In DR if you try to add mixed stages you end up starting each stage with default setup :(

For what its worth as someone who left D4 behind not long after it came out, I'm giving it another go, and would actually prefer D4 over DR since Codies is finally giving the game some attention. I don't like the idea of having another round of hotlapping/hillclimb nonsense DR would create. Looking forward to RDRC!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%