mod install

Hi all, just installed a mod for rfactor 2...well, I tried to.
It says, "uninstallable - unknown base cmp for malaysia 1.2"
I have malaysia 1.2 mod and can't uninstall as it is in use by three of the car mods e.g. gt endurance, formula renault.
:cry:
any ideas which would help?
thanks in advance

Andrew, if you got everything in your package folder. You might consider to uninstall all mods which use Malaysia and reinstall them again.
If the mod file which you are trying to install is corrupt it will probably keep saying the same thing.
If I may ask ,which mod arew you trying to install?

Andrew, if you got everything in your package folder. You might consider to uninstall all mods which use Malaysia and reinstall them again.
If the mod file which you are trying to install is corrupt it will probably keep saying the same thing.
If I may ask ,which mod arew you trying to install?

thank you stefan...it's the f1ligue rfactor 2 f12013 mod. Some seem to have managed but not me!
Andrew

I also was able to install that mod, I love to watch F1, but I lost my feel driving those cars (open wheelers) myself. I am more into tin cups these days.... Must be my age! :D

I just can advise to re-download the mod and / or uninstall other mods and re-install them again.

lol well they gave me 3 link but i had problems - maybe the settings on my browser. tried firefox, chrome and now internet explorer. does it feel ok for an open wheeler though? i'm trying to get the tracks from a guy on youtube, he seems to have made all of the f1 tracks for rfactor 2. hopefully in time for the f1 season. must say though, really learned to like the meganes and other flat tops. it really improves your driving and understanding of driving with a different balance and less downforce!

The F1 cars from F!Lique, do feel much better than the F1 cars from RFT. At least that is my opinion.
The F1Lique cars do feel a bit better than the FISI cars, but still hard to drive if you haved raced with much slower cars. You really need a good feel with your right foot. Too much throttle and you spin within a eye blink, also using the DRS gives a headache. Your car needs to be more straight line for it than in real life. A slight bend already can you loose the backend of the car.

Be careful with those F1 tracks. I am pretty sure most are conversions / ripped from Codemasters and are not scratch builds. We won't be using those in our club races and / or leagues. I tried 2 to be honest, Melbourne and Budapest. The first one is pretty good, but budapest is horrible it has some nasty bumps which you will loose control of your car.

Andrew,

I am sorry to say, but the way ISI tries to have it's custom skins working, is almost a bigger mistery, then the origin of the monster of LogNess :p

As they are changing it just about every build, I have given up on investigating how it works, so I cant tell you.
What I do know, is that the only way I know that works for sure, prevents you from driving online. Thats because you have to make a whole new component then, with only the custom skins in it (not sure if you remember, but it's the way I did the original RDWSR S1 mod.

A lot of work, and in the end, it makes it mandatory that everyone who wants to drive it online, needs to download and install the new mod.

If you just want to use it offline, I can supply you with a little instruction on how to make a new component with the new teams in it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back