PC1 MOD - free moving onboard cams for Project Cars

I don't know how many of you know this so I figured to write it here so that we all can enjoy in perfectly placed onboard cams at any place you like (to drive).
This game is not very modding-friendly, you can change liveries only and I can't really expect some one will make some mod for this ...problem. And problem exist, in my opinion.

Thing is... in Project Cars you got so many onboard cams (+ 1 chase cam) and you can only change FOV for any of them (in "cameras" section of the option menu - BUT - it seems that you can't move them at all, or even tilt them down. (you can just "glimpse" up down left right but they won't stay in that position) I pray for just tilt cause hood and roof cams seems good positioned to me but they both look WAY "too up" and it doesn't look nearly as real TV onboard shots we can see in live coverage or on pics.
Well, now you can change that. How ?
Just press Ctrl + K, and you can move camera wherever you want and rotate them wherewer you want.
Keys for moving are A, S, D, Q, W, E (for moving) and 7, 8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3 (hope I didn't miss any - for rotating, tilt, zooming, etc). Those numbers are not the one above the letters but the one on the numeric pad, on the right side of your keyboard. Beware that when you press num 5 - you reset your cam(s), even FOV (why?) so avoid pressing it unless you really want it.

Also... pressing Ctrl + K once more alters those keys functions and they got another function then, choose the one you like more and... enjoy. :) Another Ctrl + K deactivate keys and you can use those keys for any other purpose you wish. Carefully, the keys you asign those keys are stay, for example I have "D" for DRS and at a same time I move camera to back and activate DRS system. :D But, once you place your cams where you want, DEACTIVATE this "free camera" (check if it doesn't work anymore) by pressing Ctrl + K (I think) twice more, so you can use keys for their original purpose.
Another thing - cameras stay on your choosen places during all session BUT! after you finish that practice/race cameras are, sadly, back to their original places. :(
I don't think there's a solution for this, sorry.
But to have cam(s) placed exactly where and how I like is enough for me.
Just remember not to lose whole day for placing few cameras cause they'll gone next time. :cautious:

Graphically speaking, instead of this type of cams:
fc9bd846a423a6620085ec00c58f5ed543fac140.jpg__1677x943_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

you can have one like this:
hqdefault.jpg

or this:
url

or even crazy ones like this.
fa04.jpg

Sky is the limit. :)

Anyway.... good luck and feel free to ask any question here.

Last edited:
Hahah it's that easy! I've just spend a good few hours finding and then trying get working the file with the cockpit camera location and have just given up.
Glad you're having fun! :)
so this Ctrl+K thingy will let you move your seat further away and higher than standard W,S,A,D?
Yes, you can move unrealistically far from car. But you don't have to do it, of course.
And, like I said - you're not tied only on cockpit, I even think this one is quite good positioned for most of the cars, this is mainy inportant for so called T-cams and open weel cars.
You still use WASD (+ all the others, mentioned here, don't forget!)
I personally love the helmet cam as it seems with only this camera mode your view leans into corners, if only someone could mod this so it also works for like the cockpit cam.
Like I said... PCars are (for now at least) not very user-friendly for modding but we'll see what will future brings.

BUT - it seems that you can't move them at all, or even tilt them down. I pray for just tilt cause hood and roof cams seems good positioned to me but they both look WAY "too up" and it doesn't look nearly as real TV onboard shots we can see in live coverage or on pics.

You can tilt your viewing angle without using this method, I was able to assign keys under the "assignments" tab to tilt the the view up/down. I don't remember if they called it tilt, or pitch, or something else, but it's right there where you can map the controls for up/down/forward/backward.

Yes, you can move unrealistically far from car. But you don't have to do it, of course.
And, like I said - you're not tied only on cockpit, I even think this one is quite good positioned for most of the cars, this is mainy inportant for so called T-cams and open weel cars.
You still use WASD (+ all the others, mentioned here, don't forget!)
thanx, I just need to move little bit away from dashboard in some cars ... when using suitable FOV (45-47 in my case) standard seat limits are too .. limiting :)
will try tomorrow ..

I guess pCars will be moddable just like Shift series .. so PTMU alternative will certaily pop up soon :)

You can tilt your viewing angle without using this method, I was able to assign keys under the "assignments" tab to tilt the the view up/down. I don't remember if they called it tilt, or pitch, or something else, but it's right there where you can map the controls for up/down/forward/backward.
Unless If I'm very much mistaken...:) YOU CAN do this (tilt your view up or down) in COCKPIT and helmet view but, sadly, you CAN NOT for any cam that's "mounted" somewhere else on the car. Actually... if I recall well... you CAN UP but not down and, also, you can just "glimpse" and there's no possibility that you can leave those cams pointed where you want. Isn't it ?
thanx, I just need to move little bit away from dashboard in some cars ... when using suitable FOV (45-47 in my case) standard seat limits are too .. limiting :)
will try tomorrow ..
I guess pCars will be moddable just like Shift series .. so PTMU alternative will certaily pop up soon :)
Ehh.... maybe we should open new sub-forum "let's pray that PCars don't mod-free stay". :)

Last edited:
If I'm very much mistaken...:) YOU CAN do this (tilt your view up or down) in COCKPIT and helmet view but, sadly, you CAN NOT for any cam that's "mounted" somewhere else on the car. Actually... if I recall well... you CAN UP but not down and, also, you can just "glimpse" and there's no possibility that you can leave those cams pointed where you want. Isn't it ?

I don't know, I only have use for cockpit cam.

I read somewhere that this "Ctrl+K" free onboard camera doesn't work anymore in latest game version.
But I CAN CONFIRM that it does work!!!
So, you don't have to stuck with completely wrong T-cams Formulas angles, you can move and tilt them anywhere you want! Of course you can do this with every car that's out in game but this mod is at it's best in ALL open wheel cars since the default angles and angle that camera is orientated is so far from real life.
Enjoy.:)

• Deleted member 113561

I personally love the helmet cam as it seems with only this camera mode your view leans into corners, if only someone could mod this so it also works for like the cockpit cam.
You can disable the helmet and the blurriness and you get a normal cockpit cam with leaning

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%