Mod discussions

Mod-edit: mods can be uploaded here and a discussion thread will automagically be created in the correct modding subforum. This main Motorsport Manager forum is to ask general questions about the game.

Unfortunately, a discussion thread is not created. A Support thread is created, but I cananot open threads in that forum to discuss Collab Projects which are incomplete or WIP, or workshop only - so no file exists to be uploaded. Please give us a subforum to discussion mods without the need to upload them, or is discussing mods in general banned on RD?

There is only one General sticky in that forum, and does not differentiate mods in general, so if we moved everyone there there would be far too much overlap (look at the mess that is the F1 2016 WIP thread)

Last edited:
@McLaren7: i registered here to answer to the thread you opened about Chris' & mine mod. Plus, RD is a good place when it comes to mods that modify the csharp dll.

@Louka81: i personally would say that the bigger fail is the guy that deleted all his mods and left players of his mods without a proper way to continue their savegames.

To the point you are trying to make: every mod that uses real world teams & drivers lives in a grey area. I believe that i do more than other people to create an original work of art (to the degree that is possible) than most people that include portraits in their mods.

Last edited:
@McLaren7: i registered here to answer to the thread you opened about chis' & mine mod. Plus, RD is a good place when it comes to mods that modify the csharp dll.

@Louka81: i personally would say that the bigger fail is the guy that deleted all his mods and left players of his mods without a proper way to continue their savegames.

To the point you are trying to make: every mod that uses real world teams & drivers lives in a grey area. I believe that i do more than other people to create an original work of art (to the degree that is possible) than most people that include portraits in their mods.

I wouldn't calling it failing. I call it protecting the young child I live with. "Daddy why is your phone ringing at 3am" "Sorry sweetheart some bad guys on the internet decided to take an arguement from the net into the real world"

I don't see the connection between mods and arguments - but yeah, i call it a fail to leave thousands (i guess, i did not check his subscriber count) of people - that had nothing to do with any arguments to begin with - without properly working savegames.

Then again, i don't accuse someone of stealing either.

Err it's not an accusation, its a hard cold legal fact. Nothing grey about it at all.

I'm sure the FIA gave their full permission for the use of their F1 logo. My mistake :roflmao:

Anyway this thread will get picked up by a mod soon and closed, so I'm off to fix my broken mod :thumbsup:

Err it's not an accusation, its a hard cold legal fact.
So... FIA can no longer use their Logo because i stole it and they now no longer have it? Interesting cold legal fact you have there.

Yes, i'm aware that i'm nitpicking here, but if you would actually think about what i posted you could maybe, just maybe, see where i'm coming from - i want to see a Motorsport Manager 2 and every popular Mod that can only be used by people that bought the Game improves the chances of that happening. On the other hand i don't think the use of FIA related images & pictures in Mods lowers the chances of a 2018 Formula One season that much.

Err it's not an accusation, its a hard cold legal fact. Nothing grey about it at all.

I'm sure the FIA gave their full permission for the use of their F1 logo. My mistake :roflmao:

Anyway this thread will get picked up by a mod soon and closed, so I'm off to fix my broken mod :thumbsup:
I'd argue that this falls under the Fair Use guidelines, as does basically any not-for-profit mods. E.g., TEW's numerous RW Mods.

But I feel you have digressed. Simply put, were st an impasse here where discussion of modding is not alllowed for projects without a current upload. At best, we're going to get one thread to dicsuss 4 different techniques, and potentially dozens of on goong projects. That's not sustainable. As we're getting pointless 'setup subforum (really the most pointless use for a subforum for this game ever) and no real modding subforum for actual modding dicsussions (again, support threads do not suggest 'let's discuss things here to lost readers), we're best finding elsewhere to discuss.

As such, Modding questions, whether about my mod in general or otherwise, feel free to come find us on discord, until such a place is found. https://discord.gg/BXzNURd

No offense intended to the modders.
But it's a sin the fact that you made leclerc 1 star.
And it's ridiculous that there is a 16 year old driver from india with the old man trait.

Sorry creators, despite the mod's brilliant visuals, the actual content is very vanilla and is slightly lacking at times. And I feel that some drivers have just been edited wuth the stats left as it is.
As again, no offense intended, with all due respect, we all paid 30 pounds or so for vanilla files!

And about Falko's accusations, Louka deleted his mods because people with grudges stepped the line and snooped for his details and passed it on to people. He has a family to care for and people losing saves is the last he will care about.
It's fine though, his users can move over to the "fantastic point of view ice mod done by award winning mod creators" and look at vanilla files made to look beautiful with great liveries and models.
I hope that the fire mod will have more of the details and more gameplay content as well as the eye candy.

I know that editing all the drivers will take lots of time.
Louka has done it.
The Ice and Fire yin and yang mods have incredible amounts of potential,
I'm sure that a lot of us will be more than happy to help you guys out with driver stat editing.

I know that editing all the drivers will take lots of time.
Louka has done it.
The Ice and Fire yin and yang mods have incredible amounts of potential,
I'm sure that a lot of us will be more than happy to help you guys out with driver stat editing.
I'm totally fine when you want to play other mods than ours or make your own.
Looking forward to what you will create! :)
Oh and we called for people to help us and two guys have raised their hands which is totally fine and I'm happy about it that someone is helping out :)

I make f1 2016 mods. But maybe later.
I will make sure not to upload vanilla files and trick people.
We wrote in the description that the vanilla drivers we put in were exchanged with real names/portraits. The rest of ~200 have been made by hand. So if you don't read that or don't like the mod, nobody forces you to use it :)

I already said the mod has great visuals but a lot is vanilla.
40 driver stats are vanilla.
Versus:
350 sponsors + system is new
200 drivers are real
50 liveries are new
17 3D models are new
50 chairmen are new
50 principals are new
About 20-30 engineers are new
Rules and locations are overdone
55 Logos are new
55 videos are new
And a lot of else stuff is new

I added 40 female vanilla drivers and some others just as a feature because I thought people would like to have new drivers. So they wanted all drivers with real pictures so we just changed the names and we did that. I don't have to justify what I include in my mod.

You don't have to like it and you don't have to play that, you don't have to stalk us. It's our decision what we do with our mod. If you want a mod that's fits your liking, you have to make one yourself. You can't force us to make things you want, and others don't.
Our mod = our decision
We have wrote it all in the description.

If you don't like that, I'm cool with that. New mod will have 415 drivers.
If you wanted to be involved and make drivers for the mod, you could apply as a teammember. But you did not. Others did.

If you don't like the drivers.txt, modify it. Make leclerc 5 stars. You can do that. Your friend can help you with that. Anybody in the forum can help you with that. There are tutorials for that. Instead of blaming, stalking, maybe start asking how modding works. Go ahead. Do something yourself. Make it right for you. You have the chance to make something like changing driver stars yourself.
Just start! :)

Last edited:
40 driver stats are vanilla.
Versus:
350 sponsors + system is new
200 drivers are real
50 liveries are new
17 3D models are new
50 chairmen are new
50 principals are new
About 20-30 engineers are new
Rules and locations are overdone
55 Logos are new
55 videos are new
And a lot of else stuff is new

I added 40 female vanilla drivers and some others just as a feature because I thought people would like to have new drivers. So they wanted all drivers with real pictures so we just changed the names and we did that. I don't have to justify what I include in my mod.

You don't have to like it and you don't have to play that, you don't have to stalk us. It's our decision what we do with our mod. If you want a mod that's fits your liking, you have to make one yourself. You can't force us to make things you want, and others don't.
Our mod = our decision
We have wrote it all in the description.

If you don't like that, I'm cool with that. New mod will have 415 drivers.
If you wanted to be involved and make drivers for the mod, you could apply as a teammember. But you did not. Others did.

If you don't like the drivers.txt, modify it. Make leclerc 5 stars. You can do that. Your friend can help you with that. Anybody in the forum can help you with that. There are tutorials for that. Instead of blaming, stalking, maybe start asking how modding works. Go ahead. Do something yourself. Make it right for you. You have the chance to make something like changing driver stars yourself.
Just start! :)
I know how modding works and I also learnt how to be arrogant. I tried giving respect but after all Lewis seems to have a point.
Maybe I will make my own mod, with what people want and without Hashimoto, which will be bad for you as you have nobody in your mod to tug on.
I will later make my mod, unfortunately I won't beg for money. Unfortunately I won't send death threats and stalk people looking for their numbers (you call me a stalker that is rich coming from you) I won't fly on my magic carpet blowing my own trumpet. I won't post vanilla files claiming that it's mine. I will won't attack anyone with constructive criticism. I won't lie to people and defame them. I won't act like a genius for getting assetto corsa mods and importing them into MM and claim that a 20 minute job takes hours and hours.
And I will listen to others.
If @KekeJohn has suggestions or requests I will take it onboard and consider it rather than trashing what he says and treat him like **** and start sniping everything he says in the most arrogant manner.

Maybe I will edit your mod and fulfill it's potential.

This thread will be closed anyway soooo... if you want to keep trashtalking, please do so, I see no need to reply to trollers :)
Same with people who lie. We had the discussion earlier and you know you behave wrong. You even apologized for your lies, seems like you have to do it again. I have done nothing bad to anyone, just doing a free mod. You are rude and unfair and you know it. Goodbye racedepartment :)

Last edited:
Brilliant call from the admins, I must say! I mean, who would want to have discussions on a forum, now that would be ridiculous! And both two of the non-modding topics would never fit under the steam forum, obviously... solid.
Yeah lets jump some conclusions here. I kindly asked to stop discussing in the general forum. Also asked for input to find a solution. This kind of input doesnt' help.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%