Mod cars based on kunos contents. Is it good on RD or not?

This might be a awkward question in our forum, but I was always wondering about this topic.

The mod, made out of kunos models/physics.

I know ripped contents from another game/people is huge "NO NO" on our forum, but I saw several mods based on kunos' original contents. Like Winter Ring, visual upgrades for some cars by unbiased which I really enjoyed.

So my assumption is, if a mod doesn't add more contents, and it just changes small portion of original contents, it's fine.

Or maybe not.. :whistling:

Please tell me whether it's correct or not. Because I actually made some mods which is under this weird part of modding scene(original content + addon).

GT86 with cup spec rim and stuff.
oVuGjNs.jpg

F6ppYFo.jpg

Exige S240 based on Exige Scura Model. add scratched caliper model and alternative textures.
ioNEb8g.jpg

7FH6Roz.jpg

gZ2Oi2M.jpg

These are addons.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
As Stereo said, Kunos doesn’t like their content being edited and redistributed outside of the game itself, so unless you’re able to deliver the mod in such a way that didn’t require any of Kunos’ stuff to be inside the package you’re uploading, I’d assume no its not ok

Those season packs are basically just skins for tracks, no problem there IMO. Same goes for the added grid slots and AI line upgrades et al - those just add additional files to the existing tracks. I don't think any of unbiased's work is sketchy either, although I haven't downloaded any of it yet so I don't know what's in there.

Stuff like that E30 BMW that popped up recently on Facebook, based on Kunos' drift car with some tweaks, that would be a no-no. Remember what happened with the C9 a while back?

This brings up a related question I've had: someone posted a skin for that BMW recently, and I regularly see liveries or sound mods posted for other cars that are hosted elsewhere and use ripped models. What's RD's policy about hosting that sort of thing? The skins or sounds hosted here are not themselves ripped, but... they are in support of prohibited content. Murky.

@Stereo @The-IC understood, thank you for the comments.

Those season packs are basically just skins for tracks, no problem there IMO. Same goes for the added grid slots and AI line upgrades et al - those just add additional files to the existing tracks. I don't think any of unbiased's work is sketchy either, although I haven't downloaded any of it yet so I don't know what's in there.

Yes season packs, these are skins for tracks. I just realized it.
For the unbiased's works, it actually contains modified kn5's which is not good according to other two's comment. (Well, personally liked it. hmm)

Stuff like that E30 BMW that popped up recently on Facebook, based on Kunos' drift car with some tweaks, that would be a no-no. Remember what happened with the C9 a while back?

This brings up a related question I've had: someone posted a skin for that BMW recently, and I regularly see liveries or sound mods posted for other cars that are hosted elsewhere and use ripped models. What's RD's policy about hosting that sort of thing? The skins or sounds hosted here are not themselves ripped, but... they are in support of prohibited content. Murky.
Agree. I'd love to see proper guide line for it.

Edit: Oh here it is. Although, it's a bit ambiguous. :/ http://www.racedepartment.com/pages/terms-of-service/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back