giphy.gif

There is an almost incredible amount of cars (Prototypes) available in the different simulations but I really wonder why nobody modded the Multimatic MDP1-Ford (which ran at Daytona 24h in 2003/2004) so far...?

I have a personal livery request for the Ferrari 488 GTE EVO from the Rollovers Endurance Pack and I was wondering if anyone could PM me if they are interested in taking this up.

I have a polite (and very selfish :p ) request for you genius mod guys. It's selfish 'cos I was a 15yr old apprentice mechanic for the company that made these cars in the late 60's early 70's, Chevron Cars (also known as Derek Bennet Engineering). The car or cars are:
The Chevron B16
chevron b16.jpg
Chevron b162.jpg
b16 3.jpg
b16 4.jpg
b16 5.jpg

Chevron B19 and/ or 21
chevron b19.jpg
chevron b21.jpg

All of these cars took part in (mainly...), and won!... The European 2 litre Sportscar Championship of '70 through to '73, the competition coming from Lola T210 Ford (& Chevrolet), Abarth Osella SE-021 and Abarth 2000 SP/71 ...amongst others. The 2 litre class was fiercely contested, and gave many racing car manufacturers great income streams (we also built F3, F2, F Atlantic, F5000 cars).

Whilst the World Championship for Sports Cars in this era had players such as the Lola T70 (beautiful mod:inlove:) , Porsche 917 & 908, Ferrari 512 S Spyder, Matra-Simca, these super-nimble 2 litre cars would give them a run for their money if it rained.

Drivers for this class at that time were legends, although you young wippersnappers prob won't know them - some names you might have, would be Dr Helmut Marko (yes, him of Redbull:p), Jo Bonnier, Brian Redman, Guy Edwards, Gerard Larrousse, Arturo Merzario, Toine Hezemans etc.

So that's it, the Chevron B16 is imo one of the most beautiful cars made, though if one appealed to build I'd be happy with any of the above. I'm fairly sure I can help with pics and access to some detailed info if needed. For the 2 litre Championship years '70 to '73 there's good info here: https://www.racingsportscars.com/championship/European Sportscar Championship.html

I realise these tasks are mammoth and it's a lot to ask, but thanks for entertaining me anyway:laugh:

Last edited:
Is there already existing any kind of app that shows the tracklimits ingame? Like, I want to go ingame on the track with any car and then, while driving, see the actual tracklimits that the Modder of the track or Kunos set up. Could be interesting to see exactly the lines rather than assuming it will be the white line or the end of the curb which often isnt given.

I have a polite (and very selfish :p ) request for you genius mod guys. It's selfish 'cos I was a 15yr old apprentice mechanic for the company that made these cars in the late 60's early 70's, Chevron Cars (also known as Derek Bennet Engineering). The car or cars are:
The Chevron B16
View attachment 344995View attachment 344997View attachment 345025View attachment 345027View attachment 345028

Chevron B19 and/ or 21
View attachment 344996View attachment 345000

All of these cars took part in (mainly...), and won!... The European 2 litre Sportscar Championship of '70 through to '73, the competition coming from Lola T210 Ford (& Chevrolet), Abarth Osella SE-021 and Abarth 2000 SP/71 ...amongst others. The 2 litre class was fiercely contested, and gave many racing car manufacturers great income streams (we also built F3, F2, F Atlantic, F5000 cars).

Whilst the World Championship for Sports Cars in this era had players such as the Lola T70 (beautiful mod:inlove:) , Porsche 917 & 908, Ferrari 512 S Spyder, Matra-Simca, these super-nimble 2 litre cars would give them a run for their money if it rained.

Drivers for this class at that time were legends, although you young wippersnappers prob won't know them - some names you might have, would be Dr Helmut Marko (yes, him of Redbull:p), Jo Bonnier, Brian Redman, Guy Edwards, Gerard Larrousse, Arturo Merzario, Toine Hezemans etc.

So that's it, the Chevron B16 is imo one of the most beautiful cars made, though if one appealed to build I'd be happy with any of the above. I'm fairly sure I can help with pics and access to some detailed info if needed. For the 2 litre Championship years '70 to '73 there's good info here: https://www.racingsportscars.com/championship/European Sportscar Championship.html

I realise these tasks are mammoth and it's a lot to ask, but thanks for entertaining me anyway:laugh:

I can try to make the car. Sorry, I'm not an experienced modder, but I'll do what I can.

Wow, that would be amazing - I can source 100's of pics and very possibly drawings (some detailed, I hope) from old contacts. Please let me know if I can help in any way :thumbsup:

Keep us (well, me:laugh:) updated.

I can try to make the car. Sorry, I'm not an experienced modder, but I'll do what I can.
Just a top-up from last night's post....

If you or anyone else is still interested in this - this morning I've been in touch with a some guys that used to work on the original cars (both factory and race team) and they're fairly sure they can get the info a mod might *need, so could (any of?) you put together a list of tech info that would help and I'll be happy to start the search :)

*I did mention I guessed it would include; all engine power/torque info, gearbox dtls, weights, springs/dampers, chassis dimension including suspension pick-up points, chassis construction type, brake info, wheels/tyres, general car performance etc. There maybe a chance to also get driver feedback on the mod too, there's still a few out there!;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back