@Andy-R
I'm not sure if the password part is necessary, I think you just have to send /admin password once (from any app) and the specific app can just use that authorization.
http://90d.ca/d/stereo_autoballast_0.1.1.7z

I haven't tested that it actually does anything (not admin on any servers) but it definitely provokes a "you're not admin" message when I push the buttons.
config.ini says what file to get ballasts from, then that file lists the ballasts per position. I figured that's the most useful way to handle it, so you can set up whatever series' ballast and then just change config.ini to point at the one you need.

* several day later edit: http://90d.ca/d/stereo_autoballast_0.2.7z has some ironing out of issues, you may still need to hit the button more than once to get all ballasts assigned.

Last edited:
@Andy-R
I'm not sure if the password part is necessary, I think you just have to send /admin password once (from any app) and the specific app can just use that authorization.
http://90d.ca/d/stereo_autoballast_0.1.1.7z

I haven't tested that it actually does anything (not admin on any servers) but it definitely provokes a "you're not admin" message when I push the buttons.
config.ini says what file to get ballasts from, then that file lists the ballasts per position. I figured that's the most useful way to handle it, so you can set up whatever series' ballast and then just change config.ini to point at the one you need.
Legend! :) I can't wait to try it. I will test it as soon as I'm home from work and report back (unless someone else beats me to it.) I would just give you the server password but I am not the owner and it would probably take longer to get permission to do that than test it myself this evening.

If you have a donate button I'll buy you a beer for your troubles :)

It is only assigning ballast to my car and not other cars on the server at the moment.

Could it be because of the limited amount of characters allowed in the chat box? Is the app posting one long command or entering each player individually? (just a thought)

Last edited:
I dunno, I'll do a version that shows what it tried locally instead of sending commands and find an occupied server to test it on. Might also be that it can only send one chat command per frame or something though, I'm not familiar with how apps handle that.

[edit] it did seem to list everyone in the session, so I dunno, probably something with how chat works.

Last edited:
I dunno if there are any sound modders that would be interested in this, but I really love the noise that classic American muscle cars made. The ones in-game don't really capture the sound that they made, and I was wondering if any sound modders would be interested in taking that on.

And I would really like to wake up tomorrow next to a 26 year old Viking Goddess......;)

Seriously..., I don't think you understand the immense amount of work and time needed for only just ONE track. :)

I know how much work it takes to do one track. I'd be happy to make these myself, but I'm not good at using the software programs these developers use. I would need special training to understand these software programs. The videos don't help me, because I'm autistic and the videos are not helpful on the really tough parts. Of course, people enjoy making fun of autistic people thinking it's a stupidity virus. Well it's not. It's a brain development disorder that affects communication. I'm just so tired of people always ignoring good ideas that not just myself, but everyone else would enjoy.

Still wondering whether I am the only one who'd like to have Porsche's experience center in Atlanta.

The "real racetrack" that goes around the outside isn't hugely interesting for actual sim racing. However:
  • If we had this then people who go to Atlanta for sessions could prepare. This would significantly improve the time you need to get up to speed with the basic track. You'd get more for your money.
  • The track isn't uninteresting as such. There is a fast section coming out of the first straight, and there is an interesting elevation change before approaching the final straight.
  • The toys inside the main track (drift sub-track, slalom, skid circle, that installation that kicks out the rear wheels) would make it interesting for free roaming.

Most importantly, I feel that many of the Kunos contemporary Porsche street cars feel "off" compared to what they feel there. If we had that track we could compare better. (yes I know Porsche approved all the data, but I think that might be more of a problem than a feature here)

Would it be possible to add a constant, fine vibration road effect to the FFB? The road effects in the game only let you feel medium sized bumps and cracks at high speed. I am looking for fine vibration that you feel with everyday driving.

Does anyone know of any way to get this?

Last edited:
i want to ask something to those of you still having SHIFT 2 Unleashed on your disk.

i want to make this skin for RSS Lanzo. so, can you please extract the Murcielago RSV GT1 livery, and send the dds file to me, to help me redraw the Blancpain's watch decals on the car? because i can't find any pics with good and proper angles so it's hard for me to redraw just based on the pics i've googled.
nfs-mania_shift_2_117_lamborghini_murcielago_r-sv_gt1.jpg

i want to ask something to those of you still having SHIFT 2 Unleashed on your disk.

i want to make this skin for RSS Lanzo. so, can you please extract the Murcielago RSV GT1 livery, and send the dds file to me, to help me redraw the Blancpain's watch decals on the car? because i can't find any pics with good and proper angles so it's hard for me to redraw just based on the pics i've googled.
View attachment 240818
better ask for that in the What you're working on thread (more people look into that, and its a different kind of request than the typical "make track/car X & Y" this thread was made for)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back