Cars Mod AI cars get stuck in gear.

Hello.
V8scorsa mod AI cars accelerate through 4th gear from the start and after remain stuck in this gear for the rest of the race. This happens on assetto Corsa original tracks.

What can I do?

Can't play v8 supercars!

I have fixed it.
With Assetto Corsa Car Tuner software:
I created a mod for the car;
In the basic settings tab I set
Final Drive at 3.4;
In the advanced tab, in the file ai.ini I set the downshift rpm to 4500, for example.

The problem wast that the downshift rpm was at 80rpm which was never reachable.

If the downshift RPM was set at 80, that code was probably meant fot the latest AI revision. In that case the fix is to set VERSION=4 in ai.ini.

(Edit: 80 would then be "80%" meaning that the AI will downshift when it will result in the revs in the lower gear being at 80% of redline - or at least that's how I understand it. By not having a fixed RPM threshold it's better able to deal with wide ratio gearboxes, especially for road cars where the 1-2 jump is often really large. It's just a better system - although changing the RPM will also work if the ini VERSION number is 2 or 3.)

Last edited:
If the downshift RPM was set at 80, that code was probably meant fot the latest AI revision. In that case the fix is to set VERSION=4 in ai.ini.

(Edit: 80 would then be "80%" meaning that the AI will downshift when it will result in the revs in the lower gear being at 80% of redline - or at least that's how I understand it. By not having a fixed RPM threshold it's better able to deal with wide ratio gearboxes, especially for road cars where the 1-2 jump is often really large. It's just a better system - although changing the RPM will also work if the ini VERSION number is 2 or 3.)
this is correct

I have fixed it.
With Assetto Corsa Car Tuner software:
I created a mod for the car;
In the basic settings tab I set
Final Drive at 3.4;
In the advanced tab, in the file ai.ini I set the downshift rpm to 4500, for example.

The problem wast that the downshift rpm was at 80rpm which was never reachable.
how do you change that

• Deleted member 1578763

how do i decrypt encrypted mods, offtopic btw

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years