Mobo probably dead

Peter Decker

PrestoGP Veteran
Sigh. Why couldn't this happen 3-4 months ago with active warranty... Im pretty sure my mobo has died as of this afternoon. Im not even getting any indicator to flash on my usb stick signal in any USB-slot. Fans and disks starts spinning but thats all. Network cable indicators dead. Had it on pretty much 24h with that prison management indie game which harvest 50+% CPU. Maybe should have had the case's side panel taken off. :mad:

I would really appreciate some help here to find a cheap substitute to my ~3 year old MSI Z77-ma g45 . Does anyone know what chipsets are ok to use with my i5 3570k and a GTX 570? Later it may become a GTX 780 instead. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz. Maybe any of you guys happen to have an old mobo around? ;) :whistling: :inlove:

The i7 is a fujitsu enterprise miniatx box with fujitsu branded mobo and psu with a non compatible mobo connector :(

I think the psu has 5 years warranty so would be great if that's gone instead. Just need to find a way to check if it starts. Maybe measure some volts?

If you have to swap your mobo, take another Z77 Board. Most retailers do not have them anymore (atleast not for fair prices), but at eBay you will find them for good prices.
Any Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte or MSI Z77 Board will do.

If you are not going to oc your CPU (but I guess you do since you have a 3570k) and are not going to use 2 gpu's ever, a H77 Board would do too :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back