RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Dawes

My fluke win you mean. :laugh2:

Looking at my replay, you car looked to be going fine, until it suddenly froze for a second or so, then disapperared.
I'll post the server replay here soon, since quite a lot of people seemed to have connection problems.

Yep i had no indication of any problems until that moment. Everything had been smooth. Well at least i didn't cause mayhem and distruction as i was afraid may have.

Given the problems connecting i've been having the last 2 weeks i have now changed my internet speed from Gamer (Uninterrupted) back to Standard in case there is some conflict between this setting and Race. I also ran a risk by doing this just before the race.

Everything seems to be slowing down on my pc also. Taking longer to load steam, longer to load race, longer to establish connection etc. When i cannot see people (and people cannot see me, hitting +/- shows me their cars but then they vanish again...so its like its almost connecting just can't quite complete. Normally have no problems outside of race time though which increases the strangeness. I also keep getting steam popups saying that 'friends' are on line .... continuously. Seems like mini dropouts doesn't it??

• Morgan Sowerby

Sorry guys, I have to pull out last minute. My son and I are making Christmas cards for the relatives. My wife did promise me some time on Tuesday, so I can definitely race then.

Have fun!

My fluke win you mean.

Looking at my replay, you car looked to be going fine, until it suddenly froze for a second or so, then disapperared.
I'll post the server replay here soon, since quite a lot of people seemed to have connection problems.

same here all i saw suddenly you disappeared

Mehmet, I think Andrew is saying that it was the first sign to him of lagging, nothing to do with your driving. He lost connection soon after, so it was certainly a lagging / connection problem for him.

ah ok thx Warren, thats was the only part of possibilities what comes first in my mind "what had disturb him ... wasnt me cant remember while racing something like that"
... at least i think hey man u believe you are the only one what knows what is lagging ... read it again no context about lagging included :bowl2: from my point

Sorry Mehmet, you are correct your name is Mehmet. Big appologies for that gaff.

And yes, i was trying to give the story from my driving perspective in the race. The 'slow' was in reality** a connection problem and nothing to do with you. If i can get a a replay, i will post it to demonstrate what i saw.

** Obviously i'm too new to the whole web racing thing. I keep reading the words i've written 'in realiy' and its blowing my mind. I can't find words to explain that what i experienced and what others would experience. I can't seem to come up with words because the reality from my perspective was obviously a lot different to the server. And yet my reality is just as valid....or is it ... as with real life, its not a case of who is right and who is wrong but simply who has the numbers.

PS. I'd be interested in getting a replay of the race from someone of what others saw from my 'episode'. I'm sure Dad wouldn't mind me watching his epic win either .

Andrew .... , thats why i answer/ask with little sarcastic sound ... better i try it ... :). Is it a first time i read your post ... ... well our misunderstood can happens so shake hands Andrew :highfive: hope to see you next race without lagging in front of me :beer:

Two quite different,but very fun challenging races,from pole i nailed it as i rolled out the final turn and noticed i had got the break on the others so an early nice bit of gap,ofcourse always a threat from behind,but no close pressure stuff,managed to keep pulling some gap then nice back off cruise last couple of laps.
Race 2 from 8th and oh yes,....much more busy busy :D ,loved every lap!,the final chase down of Rhys was lots of fun indeed,his pace was very respectable and i had to go outside my little comfort zone to close in on him,a small error as we start to go down Craner Curves let me get a pass done.
Many Thanks Eric and RD for another fine USA event!

A fun race! :thumb:

Was sick today, so not on my pace generally. I qualified mid-pack, and ran mid-pack. First race, started 7th, and had some great battles with Yves in particular, Got by him on the 2nd to last lap, and thought I would take 6th, but I came up on a back marker who was lagging, and suddenly he was right in my line. I swerved to avoid contact, and got off, allowing Yves to take the spot back. I chased him around to 7th.

2nd Race I started 2nd, and blew turn 1. Rejoined about 8th, and then manged to go off again on the back side when I braked too hard to avoid someone. That put me 11th. I tracked down some folks, but struggled to put a clean pass together. Finally people started making mistakes, and I managed to climb up to 8th. Had a great battle with Tim for many laps. Someone in front of Tim spun near the end moving us both up one spot, and on the last lap I managed a pass at the hairpin when Tim went wide. So, I finished race 2 in 6th, and overall was 6th. A great result for not feeling well and all. I think that Tim ran out of gas, which may have been why I got past, but I'll take it any clean way I can get it. :thumb:

Nice race all. Thanks to Eric and the RD staff. Thanks especially to Yve, Eric, Mitch and Tim for some great racing. Hope to see you on Tuesday! :)

Chris

What a great race. Well, race 1 that is LOL. Thanks Eric K. for setting this up and changing the start up a bit!!! I like this format.

Quali - it took awhile for me to mess around with setup, which I never fully dialed in but I turned a 1:25.4 which was good enough for P6.

Race 1 - the rolling start was kind of fun! I was very timid to ensure I didn't punt Yves off the track in front of me, and then we settled in for a nice few laps. I was staying with the lead pack for a bit and then I believe it is Lap 3 where Yves spun at the last hairpin before the straight. That's where I ended up staying (P5) that is for the entire race. It got boring as no one else was around and I was all by myself :/ Best lap of Race 1 = 1:25.7.

Race 2 - whew what a mess. I just can't drive with someone up my fart cannon and Michael Herrmann was getting sick from my fumes. I ended up spinning on the first damned lap and was LAST! Hahahah, I was like whatever. Then I started picking back up towards the mid-pack and finally got past Eric in a braking zone before the backside chicaine. Only to find that Sandis R. was right in the middle of the last corner (blind) and I nailed him as he was pulling back on! I was pretty much done after that. Best lap here was a 1:26.9 I think, but I was all banged up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%