Mixed Class @ Vitus Parc Club - Thu 23rd Sep

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyermix.jpg

Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: Mixed Class
Vehicles: Jaguar MkII / Abarth 1000TC / Lotus Elite / Renault 8TS / Lancia Fulvia HF / TVR Grantura
Track: Vitus Parc Club
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - one timed lap
Race: 2 x 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You can choose any 2 cars for these races - although you must use a different car for each race.
Note3: Default skins only for the mod cars. Please also install the TC65 & GTC65 skinpacks
Note4: Any version of any of the cars are OK, assuming they have multiple versions within the mods. Abarth TCR not allowed.
Note5: This is a NON Rankings Point event.

vitu_lod_ex6.jpg

OK - I'm going to give Vitus Parc another go, seeing as how there were some server issues last week affecting more than just us in GTL, but this time the Club circuit.

If, however, we do have another wobbly like last time, and it becomes clear that it is track issues, we'll go to Dijon-Prenois Short as our backup

This is another entirely for fun multi-vehicle event, to gently introduce/audition some mods into the club.

The Grantura, as we know, is a great direct competitor to the Elite, but the Renault 8 & Lancia Fulvia have had pretty major overhauls (TS & HF respectively) since we last tried them, so it's time to give them another chance.

None of the cars are massively fast, but like the European Grand Tourers event previously, that was, and is, not really the point.

This is where we see, with regard to there being no points on offer, if people actually do walk the walk, and not just talk the talk.

OK - the server is up for this event. You can make sure that you can see all the mod cars online.

Because of the way GTL defines the classes and the way the mods are put together, there are a lot more cars than the 6 in this event you can choose from, but only the 6 names vehicles will be allowed in the event.

The last corner is actually a "join" of 2 pieces of track, and the white line is at a right angle well inside the corner.

We normally run "2 wheels inside the white lines at all times" rule, which would make this corner nearly impossible.

To clear this up, here's the rules for the Last Corner Only:

1. Here's the join, and you can see the white lines intruding well into the corner
29343d1285195817-mixed-class-vitus-parc-club-thu-23rd-sep-vitus1.jpg

2. The inside edge of the kerb (marked in red) will become the track boundary until the white lines rejoin the kerb edge at the corner exit. taking a line across the "join" is fine
29344d1285195817-mixed-class-vitus-parc-club-thu-23rd-sep-vitus2.jpg

3. As long as 2 wheels are on track inside the kerb on that corner, it is fine.
29345d1285195817-mixed-class-vitus-parc-club-thu-23rd-sep-vitus3.jpg

Attachments

• vitus1.jpg
    vitus1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 257
  • vitus2.jpg
    vitus2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 272
  • vitus3.jpg
    vitus3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 271
Had a little test session last night with a few drivers.

The pics above are me in the Renault 8, following Lenno in the (very, very pretty) Fulvia 1600.

The cars for tonight all drive waaaaay different to each other, but end up close-ish on times despite some being quicker on some bits, and some being quicker on others, so it should be a good fun event. :good:

There's a possibility that I'll have to be on the road for work purposes at the time of the event. It really sucks that Euro club events are right in the middle of my day at 3 PM.
So please change my entry to a maybe. Had a go last night in all of the cars and was a blast. I'm gonna go with the Jag most likely, it's fun lugging that big car around the track haha.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%