RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I totally agree that there where too many crashes en people driving without brains or something..

I was lucky to stay out of trouble in both races but I saw alot of crashes around me.
Mostly because people drive on places on track where they shouldn't be. Like overtaking in corners where there is absolutly no room for overtaking is one of the biggest problems I think. Or just closing the door when they know you are next to them.
People must have more patience so racing will be much more cleaner is my opinion! And use your MIRRORS! Of course mistakes can happen..
capture_2008-11-09_18-36-31.jpg
I touched Micheal Stead when I was trying to defend my place and my front wheels locked up srry for that Micheal but this was a racing accident...

I caught up to Herwin, when the Chev and the BMW took eachother off. Herwin and I had a nice fight, he went wide on the last corner and I managed to pass in to P2 and opened a small gap. 3 laps later my tyres were dead and he was right on me again. Managed to hold Herwin off and finished P2. Thanks for the clean fight Herwin.
capture_2008-11-09_18-33-34.jpg
Thanks Mark! We surely had a clean fight unfortunatly you where too quick for me this time :p

Thanks for the race Cam! See you guys back on track soon.

I touched Micheal Stead when I was trying to defend my place and my front wheels locked up srry for that Micheal but this was a racing accident...

LOL I don't even remember that one.

And Ryan, I know the lag was causing a bit of a problem last night. You're car was skipping and jumping around a couple of metres as well. It's happened to me the last few rounds, you're sure you leave enough room for the car in front when they suddenly jump sideways as your following them a metre or two behind.

Qual - I was very lucky to be able to get 3rd place for qualy.

Race 1 - Got a good jump off the line to take 2nd place and set about just trying to keep up with Ryan. I was hoping the honda would wear out its tyres towards the end of the race but, on about lap 5 (or something) Ryan made a mistake into a turn and ran wide, gifting me the lead.

Race 2 - The hub-bub has been well discussed above.

• Matt Crouch

please hello yes thanks :) (re-arrange to make a sentence)

Matt Crouch - Saleen S7-R

Seems like an interesting bendy track

mixed1hj1.jpg

Class: FBMW, WTCC/STCC, GT Club , Radical 190's , Caterham 200's
Track: Watkins Glen - http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=154
Weather: Dry​

Practice:19.30 GMT (60 Mins)
Qualification: 20:30 GMT (15 Mins superpole)
Race: 45 minutes​

Notes:
You Need STCC to enter this event.
Please enter which class you feel suits you. If you are slower use the Radicals or FBMW's, if you are medium speed, Caterhams ot GT Club's. If you are fast use the WTCC/STCC

Entrylist:
  1. Patrick Duivelaar - BMW E90
  2. Michael Herrmann - Volvo C30
  3. Driver - WTCC/STCC​
  4. Driver - WTCC/STCC​
  5. Driver - WTCC/STCC​
  6. Driver - FBMW​
  7. Driver - FBMW​
  8. Driver - FBMW​
  9. Driver - FBMW​
  10. Driver - FBMW​
  11. Driver - GT Club​
  12. Marcin Wójcik - GT Club - BMW Z4 GTR
  13. Karl Westman - GT Club - Dodge Viper Competition Coupe
  14. Herwin Ploeg - GT Club - Seat Cupra GT
  15. Mickael Miniac - GT Club - BMW Z4 GTR
  16. Driver - Caterham 200BHP​
  17. Driver - Caterham 200BHP​
  18. Driver - Caterham 200BHP​
  19. Driver - Caterham 200BHP​
  20. Driver - Caterham 200BHP​
  21. Lewis Fergusson - Radical 190BHP
  22. Stuart Thomson - Radical 190BHP
  23. Grant Powell - Radical 190BHP
  24. Tim Ling - Radical 190BHP
  25. Matt Crouch - Radical 190BHP
Reserves:
  1. Driver​
  2. Driver​
  3. Driver​
  4. Driver​
  5. Driver​

How come there's so few of us who's signed up for this race? I think it's "refreshing" to race the Camaro as it's so "agricultural" and thus fun to drive compared to the other modern race cars. Am I the only one who has this opinion about the Camaro? Come on you lot, we need a bigger attendance!
:noidea:
Kind regards,
Karl

• Andrew Dawes

In reviewing the replays i wasn't any worse off than most others so i won't report specifics.

I accept i haven't been racing all that long here, but long enough to feel i have a right to put my point forward.

As I understand it we have a rule that says if you hit someone which causes them to spin/go off, you stop and wait for them to pass. I think this is the most important rule in the club and where the focus needs to be as a starting point.

You may not always be able to avoid hitting someone but you can always stop and wait for that driver. It shows sportsmanship, it shows respect for your fellow drivers and club members. I can get a bit hot headed when someone clouts me (lets just say i won't be using teamspeak anytime soon) but its amazing how fast i recover when i see that person wait. I then know they didn't mean it, it was a racing incident and they respect me enough to wait. What are we to make when someone slams up the inside and punts you off only to keep driving having earnt a place (or often 2). It generally looks like intent.

We are all here because we want good clean racing. This will breed competitiveness which is good but not if it affects the overall reason for joining the club. If you pull a bad move and take someone out, stop and wait. If we can't get this right, what chance do we have of solving the general 'there are too many issues out there' problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%