RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Server 2

Unbeknown to me though, my teammate Hansi was on the outside of the very same car I was just outbraking, and he too was outbraking him.

Don't think either of us knew or expected the other was there, Hansi cut in to the apex, found me there, impact, he span off, I lost control and went into wall ... damage unrepairable, race ended - very sad times :sad:
Sorry Hansi ... PM waiting for you to explain it better from my side mate

Very difficult to find a sinner in that situation, if you ask me. Watched the replay thouroughly at your request and still cannot come up with any significant proof of you -or me, for that matter- being guilty of careless driving. It simply happened and was in a way the worst possible outcome of a whole lap in which many drivers found themselves vividly swapping positions and avoiding eachother's cars sliding about on track.
I too was taken by surprise as it were. Spontaneously afterwards I felt it was pure bad luck with noone to really blame for it. That said, I've become hardened after many many races stuffed with bad circumstances and unlucky ingredients as to the point of being fine with things if only I can continue without pitting. I focused on trying to reduce the damage from the inevitable collision with the tyre wall.

From there on, from last position, I managed to hold things fairly together and with Dietmar as companion I climbed to 10th position, I believe. Unlike you I could continue the race and thus ,at my favourite track, I had the opportunity to still enjoy the very same. Which in fact I actually did. A lot.:)

The Minis certainly provide for close racing at any track and close racing at any track w i l l reap its victims. In one way or another.

Thanks RD

This race was the 1st time I made a pit without auto pit and I lost about 5 to 10 seconds each time. I did practice manual pits because I new auto was not gonna work here But I still stunk it up.

Ok enough wine, the racing was fun and I love the track. I think both races I pushed my tires too hard.

Qualified P2 behind Gary. Amazing how close the times were all the way dowm the grid.

Race 1
Held 2nd position behind Gary at start with Yves in tow. Tryed to hold Gary who 1st lap was drifting about and I thought I had a chance. Then he seemed to get in the Gary zone and I was loosing ground. At the same time Yves was all over my rear applying the Pressure. I went into the pit missed my point to stop at. Lost a spot to Warren in pit. Came out behind Warren who was doing some amazing slides in different areas of the track but seemed to stay on pace while doing it. Peter caught me from behind and we had a good fight for 4th till the end. Finished 4th

Race 2
Started in 4th moved up to 3rd at start behind William And Hansi I believe. Again with Yves close Behind. It stayed this way until William and Hansi pitted leaving me and Yves 1st and 2nd for the moment. As we came to the down hill Left I got a small nudge from Yves sending me into the grass and behind the guardrail. I got back on course and went back by Yves who was patiently waiting on me (thanks) Then I botched the pit again missing the point to stop. Well that was about it finished 8th.

I feel much better about My racing tonight after last Friday. Yves the contact was no problem I know I was holding you up at thet point anyway. Another fun night thanks William. Grats to the winners tonight Gary And Hansi :dance2:

A great and thrilling event indeed!

The first race confused me a bit as I lost both in time and positions when pitting. This made me realize I was obviously not tactically refined enough to be taking advantage of the "minimum pit requests". Once back on track again I didn't feel too bad off pace. Finished 8th.

8th position after first race put me in pole of the second one. This in combination with a re-arrangement of pit strategy with a front-tyre-change solely actually resulted in a win for me. Having William in my rear view mirror not further behind than 3-3.5 seconds at any time during 12 of the 14 laps was adding a thrill factor through-out the whole race.(As if the STCC class alone wouldn't ey) A situation that I normally fail to bring home 9 out of 10 times. Or less. But everything went my way. Fun fun fun!

Warren mentioned the pit troubles we were involved in. After leaving the pits trying to gain back time I noticed Yves accidently pushing Marty off track and they both lost time to me. Without these incidents the outcome on my behalf would have been completely different, I'm sure.

Thankyou RD!

Great race...But, i had a terrible sleepy left leg....can we start the next time earlier? ~ perhaps...... ;-)

Owboy..some people goes very fast...unbelievable, RESPECT! After more than 1 hour practice, i didn't managed to get the right settings for my mini. This was not my race. Hopefully next time better.

C' U on the track next time!

Server 2:

Last night was an important one!
I was honoured with Black Visor Motorsport invitation to join the team.
A huge responsability for me, joining a team like BVM.
Thanks for making the skin so fast Lee.

First time at Monza with the Mini, therefore i wasn't unhappy with my 13th quali position.
After a good start, i had a few interesting battles with David, Dave and Mtommi (sorry if i'm forgeting someone) for the first laps, when the field spread a bit i was in a huge fight with Max for about 15 minutes.
It was a great fight Max, but honestly and personaly, i would never done
a defense driving like you did mate. Check the replay at laps 4 to 5, 8 and 10. Ofcourse it is my own driving option to not block a faster driver behind me and i'm not saying you weren't fair. Just asking you to see the replay from my car. :tea:
A bit later, i was lucky for meeting Javanainen and fighting for position with him for almost 30 minutes, completely fair and clean driving mate, thank you. :whoo:
A late pit, allowed me to lead the race for 4 laps :becky: , by then, Yves was closing on me, but after the pit stops our gap was kept on 10 seconds.

On the last 4 or 5 laps (4th position by then) i saw the gap shortning fast
for Gary (3rd), i thought - maybe a stop & go for him - it was.
Gary exit the pit lane in front of me. I tried to stay with him, but it wasn't
possible due to his superb pace.

So, a final 4th place in my BVM night debut, wasn't bad. :nod:

Congrats to Patrick's win and to David and Gary podium. :yo:

Thank you Yves and RD.

Cheers.

Server 2:

After a good start, i had a few interesting battles with David, Dave and Mtommi (sorry if i'm forgeting someone) for the first laps, when the field spread a bit i was in a huge fight with Max for about 15 minutes.
It was a great fight Max, but honestly and personaly, i would never done
a defense driving like you did mate. Check the replay at laps 4 to 5, 8 and 10. Ofcourse it is my own driving option to not block a faster driver behind me and i'm not saying you weren't fair. Just asking you to see the replay from my car.

Cheers.

Yep it was amazing. You was all over me. I laugh during race, Ribeiro's everyware. On my slipstream, left mirror, back mirror, right mirror, on my left windows, right windows. That race for me was full of defending after you i was defending vs. Mtommi. I cant found my pace from qualy that's why i was desperate to weather this storm in my mirrors. I was watching replay, for these moments like this i'm playing GTR Evolution :D

This is one of the trickier tracks around to get a grip of.
It takes some praccy and testing on different lines to get the best from it.
Main thing is to hit your apexes and dont overdo it.
Here is my PB time and its not all that brilliant of a lap. So most of you can do better than this. It was done on lap 8 of a fuel run (or at least what i hope should be enough fuel).
I hope it might help somebody at least :)

Attachments

• Kyalami_090307_1332_TestDay HOT LAP.Vcr
    168 KB · Views: 195
Server 1

What a great nights racing

Quali: Had a great qualifiying session, even managing to have pole until the last few minutes. Ended up P3 behind Dan and Adam, two tenths splitting the 3 of us.

Race: Had a good start and held position into T1 which was very clean, well done chaps. Had a fright when Dan's car just disappeared between the lesmo's so backed off a little in case he popped back, and lost a place to Jamie. Unfortunately Dan never made it back. Unlucky mate.

Lap 3 was a bit of a nightmare, got my first cut warning and I braked a bit to late for the Parabolica and ended up skirting around the outside on the grass waiting for an opportunity to filter back in, which seemed like ages because of the wide line out of it for the run on the pit straight. Made it onto the track, now down to P14, in front of the battling Dave Buxton and Andrew and had a good 3 way race down to T1.

The 3 of us had a good few closely contested laps until I was able to pass both when Andy lost count of the telegraph poles :laugh2:. From there it was a nice stint of passes making my way up to 6th but also another cut warning, damn, next one would be a Stop & Go, so it was a conservitive drive but always trying to gain on the guys in front, then a couple of the front runners started to pit and I was in 4th chasing down Neil and Jamie.

At the end of lap 21 Neil pitted and so I decided to also. Fortunately for me Neil overshot his pitbox and it was a tense 14 secs as the fuel and tyres were getting changed. I could now see Neil coming down the pit lane when I heard the magic words "GO GO GO" Whoop P2.

What followed was some fantastic racing between the 2 of us. Initially I managed to get a 2 sec gap, but Neil slowly eeked it in and with a fantastic late brake into T1 5 laps from the end got the gap down to 1/2 second. With this fresh in mind the next lap I braked just that little bit later, but Neil pulled off an even braver move and nicked it up the inside. Nice move mate:highfive:

Then disaster, I cut the second part of the chichane and received the inevitable Stop and Go. Still within a second of Neil for the rest of that lap, he went wide on the exit of the 2nd lesmo and I was back into P2. Pitted at the end of the lap and got a nice comment over TS from Neil
" Unlucky mate, great race"

It was. Pulled out of the pits still in 3rd where I finished. :third:

My first Racedepartment podium :dance2:

Congrats to Adam for the win, and Neil for the P2

A great nights racing. Thanks to Yves and Andrew and as always my fellow RD racers.

Here's a few pics from the evening

And they're off........

turn-1.jpg

Great few laps with Andy and Buxo.......3 into 1 does go

me-bux-and-andy.jpg

back-straight.jpg

Pitstop joy (for me anyway) :laugh2: P2

pit.jpg

Neils brave dive up the inside and my last cut warning

losing-2nd.jpg

I think the best thing to do with these cars is brake a little early, and keep some more speed in the turns. Late braking is troublesome and i tend to lose a whole lot of time if i do it. With early braking the car behaves a bit more in the corners. Also make sure not to use 2nd gear too much its much to snappy for some corners such as Turn 3 and Turn 5. Turn 1 is an issue in my opinion you can gain or lose a lot of time there. You want to brake right after the slight right hander and make sure you can be as far right as possible to get a good line into the turn. If you keep it above 170 km/h you did good. As for the rest of the turns its pretty straight forward, but keep in mind you want to brake a bit early, in my case its slightly before the race groove on the track. Sub 1:44's is a definite when you get into the swing of things. :)

Server 1

What a great nights racing

Quali: Had a great qualifiying session, even managing to have pole until the last few minutes. Ended up P3 behind Dan and Adam, two tenths splitting the 3 of us.

Race: Had a good start and held position into T1 which was very clean, well done chaps. Had a fright when Dan's car just disappeared between the lesmo's so backed off a little in case he popped back, and lost a place to Jamie. Unfortunately Dan never made it back. Unlucky mate.

Lap 3 was a bit of a nightmare, got my first cut warning and I braked a bit to late for the Parabolica and ended up skirting around the outside on the grass waiting for an opportunity to filter back in, which seemed like ages because of the wide line out of it for the run on the pit straight. Made it onto the track, now down to P14, in front of the battling Dave Buxton and Andrew and had a good 3 way race down to T1.

The 3 of us had a good few closely contested laps until I was able to pass both when Andy lost count of the telegraph poles :laugh2:. From there it was a nice stint of passes making my way up to 6th but also another cut warning, damn, next one would be a Stop & Go, so it was a conservitive drive but always trying to gain on the guys in front, then a couple of the front runners started to pit and I was in 4th chasing down Neil and Jamie.

At the end of lap 21 Neil pitted and so I decided to also. Fortunately for me Neil overshot his pitbox and it was a tense 14 secs as the fuel and tyres were getting changed. I could now see Neil coming down the pit lane when I heard the magic words "GO GO GO" Whoop P2.

What followed was some fantastic racing between the 2 of us. Initially I managed to get a 2 sec gap, but Neil slowly eeked it in and with a fantastic late brake into T1 5 laps from the end got the gap down to 1/2 second. With this fresh in mind the next lap I braked just that little bit later, but Neil pulled off an even braver move and nicked it up the inside. Nice move mate:highfive:

Then disaster, I cut the second part of the chichane and received the inevitable Stop and Go. Still within a second of Neil for the rest of that lap, he went wide on the exit of the 2nd lesmo and I was back into P2. Pitted at the end of the lap and got a nice comment over TS from Neil
" Unlucky mate, great race"

It was. Pulled out of the pits still in 3rd where I finished. :third:

My first Racedepartment podium :dance2:

Congrats to Adam for the win, and Neil for the P2

A great nights racing. Thanks to Yves and Andrew and as always my fellow RD racers.

Here's a few pics from the evening

And they're off........

turn-1.jpg

Great few laps with Andy and Buxo.......3 into 1 does go

me-bux-and-andy.jpg

back-straight.jpg

Pitstop joy (for me anyway) :laugh2: P2

pit.jpg

Neils brave dive up the inside and my last cut warning

losing-2nd.jpg

I was gutted mate, I was just getting settled and boom game crashes :crying:

That was the best start I've ever had :victory:, quali was close between us three :)

Grats Steve :good:

Gutted I PC-crashed too, I was driving OK.

Best first lap ever - started 19th or so, was 5th after about 2 laps and felt comfy until I had a couple of cuts.

Got an SnG, dropped back to 10th where I was having my fun with Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back