Hey guys I need some help. Somehow I've lost the weather slider in the menu and now I can't control the clouds or fog. I've searched and searched but to no avail. I've used steam to verify the integrity of my files, that turned out ok. I'm usually pretty good at fixing my own issues, but this one has me stumped. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Missing weather slider.JPG

You have a weather folder somewhere that doesn't relate to a weather. I think I had this issue once and I had an empty folder or something out of place within the weather.

There are weather mods in the downloads section. Maybe try installing one to see if it restores the slider? I think Wagnum's Graphics Mod also comes with the default files.
Thanks Ross. I tried doing that last night. I've got to be doing something wrong. Didn't get anywhere with it. I'll give it another go and see. I was using Natural Mod and things were fine. I tried a different weather and bam it all went horribly wrong. Slider was gone. Tried going back........no joy.
Thank you for chiming in so quickly. My game runs great, but I do enjoy running the Ring with the Autumn Mod and a little fog. Just adds to the Immersion. Have a great day.

Just an idea ... if you already checked the game files integrity, the problem might not only come from the game itself but maybe find its source in your documents/assetto corsa.

You might try saving this folder or renaming it documents/assetto corsa bak .... and launch the game so a new folder is created and check if this slider is back.
If it's not back, you'll know for sure the problem is not there and replace the new created folder by renaming the "bak" one after deleting the new created one....
If the slider is back in game .... you'll just have to copy your main important files back in the new documents/assetto corsa step by step with checking game after each step.... so you can find where is finally the problem cause.

Just an idea ... if you already checked the game files integrity, the problem might not only come from the game itself but maybe find its source in your documents/assetto corsa.

You might try saving this folder or renaming it documents/assetto corsa bak .... and launch the game so a new folder is created and check if this slider is back.
If it's not back, you'll know for sure the problem is not there and replace the new created folder by renaming the "bak" one after deleting the new created one....
If the slider is back in game .... you'll just have to copy your main important files back in the new documents/assetto corsa step by step with checking game after each step.... so you can find where is finally the problem cause.
Jempy, that's a great idea, I thought you were on to something because I can't see the forest for the trees. I tried what you said, but it didn't work.
Thank you for the quick reply and idea. I'll keep banging my head against the wall. Would really suck to have to reinstall the game just for varying skies, but it's a feature that I like. Have a great day.

Brilliant. I'd love to help you get your weather slider back!
I know you would brother. We sim guys kinda stick together because it's just a great way to get away from reality sometimes. Plus a lot of us build our own PC's so we know the headache that being your own IT guy can be. If I can ever help with anything please hit me up. I may not know the answer but I can sure do some bloodhound work for you.
If I get a solution to the problem I will post it here.
I've been on RD since 2010 and just now started interacting with the forums and I've not been disappointed. Have a great day and Opposite Lock to ya.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%