DiRT Rally Missing sounds in update - beware of 0.7

Update 0.7 introduced missing gravel sounds.
Is anyone here who hasn't updated yet and is able to backup and maybe upload
steam\steamApps\common\Dirt Rally\audio\soundbanks\s_sfc_gravel.bnk
Apparently it is one of the files that got updated. But it seems we are not able to bring the gravel sounds back via xml modding until Codies are fixing it.

I would really appreciate if anyone could provide the pre 0.7 file.

You can find before and after comparison here:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discu...sounds-gone-and-clutch-still-dont-work#latest

i know its early EA and all that, but im getting a bit sceptical for this game now. Think they would rather bring new content than actually fixing the sim features that need fixing.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt EA supposed to be an early beta where the fundamentals get worked on fixed and discussed, and nothing new added until rest is fixed, or otherwise.

Maybe my understanding is wrong.

i know its early EA and all that, but im getting a bit sceptical for this game now. Think they would rather bring new content than actually fixing the sim features that need fixing.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt EA supposed to be an early beta where the fundamentals get worked on fixed and discussed, and nothing new added until rest is fixed, or otherwise.

Maybe my understanding is wrong.

Tell that to Kunos Simulazioni :D

obviously MA your a ac hater, im not gonna argue with you about that. i like ac and what they have produced, at first there wasnt much DLC, more just fixing but now there is.

i think cm dirt has only just been out, and already we've seen more content than fixes.

obviously MA your a ac hater, im not gonna argue with you about that. i like ac and what they have produced, at first there wasnt much DLC, more just fixing but now there is.

i think cm dirt has only just been out, and already we've seen more content than fixes.

How did you come to that conclusion ?

On the contrary I love AC and I'm an addict, but as the rational person I am I find it really REALLY strange that developers don't fix the essentials before they launch more content.

Who would buy a car with only three wheels ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know next to nothing about computer programming. So, maybe it is easier to fix/tweak/troubleshoot after they add everything to the game? I don't know.

But, if you were to build a house, you wouldn't build the whole thing and then check to make sure everything is square, level, and plumb. Besides not being practical, there's no way you'd be able to fix everything that needed to be.

Last edited:
As for Dirt Rally the devs said they have been working on physics in the background for quite some time now. It will be implemented after it's been tested properly. The two cars coming with Finland will be V2's. They include everything they have learned from PP and RX.

I'm no coder by any means, but I guess you can't focus all staff including artists, sound etc on fixing things only coders can do. It just doesn't work that way I guess.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back