missing content

Can not believe what i realised today. The silly game (i would cal it different if i wouldnt be so nice) stole one of my bought content! The BMW Z4 GTR simply missing today. And i would have to buy it again to drive it. Is that the new buisness model: Sell a game in thousend pieces, that noone have an overview over the his content, take the content away and sell it again :-D .

Just to remember i drove the club event with the Z4 at Sonoma, 2 weeks ago. And anyhow its my favorite car in on my profil page: http://game.raceroom.com/users/Teilchen/
How can this be if i even don't own the car ? Honestly i'm quiet mad about this issue. Even if its a mistake, why ever. What if i don't notice the missing content ? Then is just away and maybe one year later i can't remember and buy it again ? So stupid. I don't feel much i own the game, better - the game own me!

I already asked the support, but anyone experienced similar problems ? So far i never heared it. Anyhow, it is simply unacceptable.
Simracing doesn't develop at all, the game isn't even better than Race07. And then this ? It's pathetic!

The BMW Z4 GT3 was free to drive 2 weeks ago...
Anyhow i was sure to drove the car aready before but it seems it was another BMW. Drive more or less all the same :sneaky:. Anyway it was good to let them know what i think about this shredded game. If they would use the extra money to produce a better simulation, i would support it. But i see not much development to the game itself, at least at the realistic side, for example weather system (already well impemented in GP3 or GTR1).

But thanks, my mistake.

I guess this will teach Sector3 a lesson - don't offer free content use to help perspective buyers :confused:
EVERY sim/game forum has disgruntled players for some reason or another, thank God I don't listen to the noise :D I love R3E, as I do many other sims.

Is that the new buisness model: Sell a game in thousend pieces, that noone have an overview over the his content, take the content away and sell it again :-D .

You can easily check the overview of your purchased content by clicking on "Purchased content" on your profile page you linked. Or go to the store and click on "Your purchased content".

As someone who's somewhat on a budget, I honestly quite like this system - I can only get the content I like or want exactly when I want it and still enjoy the game. For example, I don't have to buy a 30 euro pack of GT3 cars to be able to attend GT3 races, I only need one car for 4 euro and I can enter any GT3 race, even if I don't own the other cars appearing in the race (unlike say Assetto Corsa where you have to own every car to be able to enter the race). Same with any other group.

Also, if you think R3E is too expensive with its content pricing, don't ever even look at iRacing ;)

Also, if you think R3E is too expensive with its content pricing, don't ever even look at iRacing ;)
Don't worry about this, i would need drive 24h / 7d to make it worth driving iracing :sneaky:.
You got a point to have to buy just one car to join, but otherwise the game would be dead. But why i buy a car, and then i have even to pay for every livery of this car ? Thats also the reason why they don't want that the community can add their own livery. Anytime they sell everything in pieces. Rims, pay. Interior, pay. Ah, you want 4 rims, pay 4 times. What ? custom livery, pay!
I'd like to pay a full prize to get one full simulated series as WTCC or GT3, but this in every aspect. GTR was an excellent example for this. Just the MP wasn't that excellent otherwise i would play it still today. But this seems not possible anymore to get a masterpiece of a game together. All must be sell fast and than update after update after update to get the game half good as it could. And that you can do this, you need ofcourse one dlc, this fix, another dlc and so on. This must not be bad, but mostly it doesnt work properly. At least not as good as i'd like to see it. It would be sure possible to create an awesome simulator, but probably not possible to pay finally.

Ok, I used to be an R3E detractor because of it's sales model too. I avoided the game for years because of it. But then for various reasons I got hooked and ended up buying every piece of content the sim offers in one go. You know how much it cost me? £50.

How much does Assetto Corsa cost right now with all DLCs? £56. How about Automobilista with the season pass? £37. Project Cars plus DLCs? £40. So you see that the price difference between these sims really isn't that much, and it's fair to say that at least a couple of the others offer far less content overall. If you were to divide the total price of the other sims by the number of cars/tracks they include, I dare say that the cost per individual car/track would be quite similar to R3E.

So to say that R3E is somehow ripping people off is actually quite false. Sure, I'm still not a fan of their piecemeal approach to selling content, but I can see how it could be very helpful to some people, especially those on a budget. And if you really look into it, the cost difference between sims is simply negligible if, like me, you want the total package in one go. Food for thought.

Right, te price is not much different. It's more the split in pieces and i guess the unfriendliness to modding, car and track side. Also it simply feels weird in game, for example no chat window, pit stop strategy ? (maybe i still didn't found), not much information about tyre wear, exact fuel consumption per lap, split times. Its there but also not really. Earlier we had XD, now i have to use again such an overlay for better information. So, no improvement at all. If the sim would be a step forward, no point about the price. But to me its more a graphical update from Race07, not more.
I don't want say its a bad sim. It makes fun as Race07 did. But where is the development ? The new cars ? updated tracks ? That can't be enought. Simply bring back an accurate weather system, like GTR1 already had, 15 years ago would make it to me worth to buy all content. But nothing better at all after so long time. To me simracing just stuck last 10 years at least.
Thats my opinion, i don't want to make a bigger discussion here :whistling:. And i don't drive that often that i know all what possible to do. I just use the basic game and one overlay. Never engaged more if it's possible to make it more userfriendly so far. The one or other event on weekend is fully enought, for more the sims doesn't motivate enought anymore. Feel anyhow to saw already all, and like a loop it repeat and repaet again :unsure:. Sorry, don't want to take the fun from anyone. Just my experience from when i started simracing till today.

Ok, I used to be an R3E detractor because of it's sales model too. I avoided the game for years because of it. But then for various reasons I got hooked and ended up buying every piece of content the sim offers in one go. You know how much it cost me? £50.

How much does Assetto Corsa cost right now with all DLCs? £56. How about Automobilista with the season pass? £37. Project Cars plus DLCs? £40. So you see that the price difference between these sims really isn't that much, and it's fair to say that at least a couple of the others offer far less content overall. If you were to divide the total price of the other sims by the number of cars/tracks they include, I dare say that the cost per individual car/track would be quite similar to R3E.

So to say that R3E is somehow ripping people off is actually quite false. Sure, I'm still not a fan of their piecemeal approach to selling content, but I can see how it could be very helpful to some people, especially those on a budget. And if you really look into it, the cost difference between sims is simply negligible if, like me, you want the total package in one go. Food for thought.

To be fair though, that purchase option is a fairly new feature. I own about 3/4 of the content and shopped very wisely (bundled, took advantage of discounts, bought bulk VRP). But mine was all purchased before the "buy all in one swoop" option was added a few months ago and I'm sure I have well over $150 invested in content for R3E which is quite pricey. It is great that they finally added the "buy all content" option though as it makes it more accessible to new players.

Ah, I wasn't aware that it was a fairly new option. That said, if you were to have bought the sims mentioned above, and then the individual DLCs as they were released before they were available in discounted Steam bundles, you would have paid a lot more... between £60 - £90. Granted still less than the $150 (£120) you've invested, but it does show that can get good deals if you have the willpower to wait. (Which I generally don't!)

Ah, I wasn't aware that it was a fairly new option. That said, if you were to have bought the sims mentioned above, and then the individual DLCs as they were released before they were available in discounted Steam bundles, you would have paid a lot more... between £60 - £90. Granted still less than the $150 (£120) you've invested, but it does show that can get good deals if you have the willpower to wait. (Which I generally don't!)

Yeah, I think they just added that purchase option a few months ago, before that it was either single cars or packs/experiences. There were still some discounts to be had but it was still easy to get pretty pricey.

As for the other sims, it sometimes depends on when you get them. I got into AC at the end of the early release program and I think I only paid $25, and I usually buy DLC the day they're released and I think they're always a bit cheaper the first week or so. I have AC and all the DLC and I think I'm into it for around $80, so still not cheap but still only about half of what I've spent on R3E. But I never had any issue buying stuff for R3E, gotta pay to play. :)

That's true. I guess at the end of the day, the value will be different for everybody depending on how much fun they get out of it. Personally, given the content and the fantastic club racing I've enjoyed since buying R3E, I would gladly have paid twice the price at least. :thumbsup:

Yep. I look at it as hours of enjoyment / dollars spent, and not many things give me as many hours of enjoyment per dollar spent as sim racing does. :)

Yep. I look at it as hours of enjoyment / dollars spent, and not many things give me as many hours of enjoyment per dollar spent as sim racing does. :)
I think that's a healthy way to look at it. I often quote one of my sons who is a football supporter, as well as his season ticket (£400) he reckons to spend another £50 to £75 per game he attends. He also is golfer.
What we spend on software for our hobby pales into insignificance by comparison.
I'm pretty sure that the bulk of my AC dlc came from pCars returns.
I consider R3E worth it and everyone knows what a cheapskate I am:rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back