Missing age shown in posts

Hi Racemates,
I'm missing the formerly shown age of each player as it was for me the reason to decide whether I join a race or not. I may be excused if I missed something about this topic and reasons for not showing anymore but haven't found anything.

Hi Racemates,
I'm missing the formerly shown age of each player as it was for me the reason to decide whether I join a race or not. I may be excused if I missed something about this topic and reasons for not showing anymore but haven't found anything.

I prefer NOT to show my age, as I am very old, but not as old as I feel.... I find it really strange that anyone would gauge wether to join a race based on the ages of other entrants.. What difference does it make wether its a 15 or a 55 year old alien thats leaving you behind on track? Surely its the skill, respect and attitude of the other drivers that really count and age is, and should be. irrelevant..?

I prefer NOT to show my age, as I am very old, but not as old as I feel.... I find it really strange that anyone would gauge wether to join a race based on the ages of other entrants.. What difference does it make wether its a 15 or a 55 year old alien thats leaving you behind on track? Surely its the skill, respect and attitude of the other drivers that really count and age is, and should be. irrelevant..?

That would be correct if there won't be a straight dependence of age and respect, attitude and manner.

So you are saying there is a relation between them? I know youngsters that can behave perfectly, and oldies that can't. Also vice versa. Repect and manners have nothing to do with age imo. How people are raised (or not) is far more important.

There may be young people here, Ralf (like me - I'm 16 going on 17) - but you'll find that most, if not all of the "youngsters" here are very respectful and well-behaved. I've raced with many people even younger than I am, and none of them so far have acted in a disrespectful way to anyone, to my knowledge at least.

I actually prefer the ages being present. Didn't think I'd miss them but I do. I'm not going to say it has anything to do with maturity (it doesn't really, as you said plenty of quite mature youngsters and a few immature oldsters running about). I will say I would be more patient with any immaturity the younger the age - fortunately that rarely comes into play here. One thing is that I may, perhaps, provide information in different terms to a child of the 90's than to a child of the '60s or '70s - cultural references have changed. It is probably a good thing that not many under the age of 35 know (esp. outside of the US) what an AMC Pacer is :).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 13.9%