Cars mirror help

Any idea what i could be missing I will go from the start of my process. Unpack kn5 file with CM (original car has mirrors that work) open .fbx file with blender And do the tweaking I want to the body ( DO NOT touch the mirrors or anything to do with them). Export the .fbx from blender and open that file with kseditor, make all the windows transparent as the windows, lights and instrument panel show up black in game. I then export to kn5 and drop that file into the root for my modded car. When I open the car up in cm showroom everything is working correctly apart from the mirrors, they are just showing up as the base texture with no reflection. Looking at the files using cm and comparing them to the original model using the view mapping and calculate AO everything is identical. Any ideas what it could be as I have spent a good 16 hours trying things and researching online for the answer. Ps I am new to this sort of thing so its probably something stupid staring me in the face and I am to stupid to realise.

Is the object name of the mirror surface the same? I don't have the file here, but the mirrors.ini should contain a reference to the mesh object that is to become a mirror.

Is the object name of the mirror surface the same? I don't have the file here, but the mirrors.ini should contain a reference to the mesh object that is to become a mirror.
Thanks buddy. It seems blender changed the name as there is not enough space for the original one to fit in. I solved it by changing it back to original name in Kseditor and now its working. You dont understand how many times I have deleted my model and started again thinking it was me doing something wrong when editing it. Thank you again

Last edited:
Thanks buddy. It seems blender changed the name as there is not enough space for the original one to fit in. I solved it by changing it back to original name in Kseditor and now its working. You dont understand how many times I have deleted my model and started again thinking it was me doing something wrong when editing it. Thank you again
i have the same issue, what am i meant to do, im relatively new to it

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years