So I was on AC online last night. As couldn't find any races on here to jump into.
Some races I could join and were 'ok' some races were pretty good but some idiots when realising they weren't fast enough just decided to spoil it for everyone else.
I then tried to join another server but I couldn't as my Minorating was N and had to be A, B or C to join.

Anyone else had this and know how to get this rating up?
I checked on their website and it appears to be a project to promote fair racing.
Do we use it here on RD servers at all?

It's basically iRacing's safety Rating in a lesser variant.
To get your rating up you should just have to drive clean.

Haven't played lots of AC lately, so this might not be the most accurate explanation.

No RD don't use minorating as i would think the people that race through RD organised events have half a brain:roflmao: .with MR its just a case of putting in track time cleanly to get the A rating.I ran my server with it for quite a while and noticed that it does work .with srs great concept but sadly not much player base atm

Last edited:
So I was on AC online last night. As couldn't find any races on here to jump into.
Some races I could join and were 'ok' some races were pretty good but some idiots when realising they weren't fast enough just decided to spoil it for everyone else.
I then tried to join another server but I couldn't as my Minorating was N and had to be A, B or C to join.

Anyone else had this and know how to get this rating up?
I checked on their website and it appears to be a project to promote fair racing.
Do we use it here on RD servers at all?

I think all Kunos oficial servers are A,B,C,N. Usually there are no people and you can practice alone until you get C, (some laps without incidents). I got B easy (N to B) some months ago with 2-3 laps at Nordschleife, I dont know if it still works.
Servers MR A-B are the best option for a clean race. C and N have a lot of incidents.

That's great thanks for the advice guys.
I'm a Premium member here and love racing with the Australian guys but I just couldn't make the times. UK timing is far too late and US is far too early... so I've been trying to find an online racing fix just whenever I could jump on.
Noticed a server I used to race on sometimes but they've got the A, B, C licence thing going on so needed to find out how to get it sorted.
I should be ok as I'm a very clean racer. Just not heard of this system before.

Edit: quick question. Do I need to sign up anywhere or will the servers just know who I am based on Steam ID or something?

That's great thanks for the advice guys.
I'm a Premium member here and love racing with the Australian guys but I just couldn't make the times. UK timing is far too late and US is far too early... so I've been trying to find an online racing fix just whenever I could jump on.
Noticed a server I used to race on sometimes but they've got the A, B, C licence thing going on so needed to find out how to get it sorted.
I should be ok as I'm a very clean racer. Just not heard of this system before.

Edit: quick question. Do I need to sign up anywhere or will the servers just know who I am based on Steam ID or something?

Just join the server, nothing else required.

Just to update I've completed about 4 races with quali and I'm up to AB already.
Clean as a whistle apart from the second race where I was used as a brake in the first corner undoing all my good work in quali to put myself 3rd on the grid relegating me to 18th.
I clawed it back with some good overtakes up to 10th in a 6 lap race...

Need to seriously revisit AC again, but back when i spent more time in it it was basically best starting last, pass half the field by avoiding T1 wrecks and just hang in there for the few laps and pass all the cars crashing :D

That was kinda what it was like. Sometimes hanging back with a crazy bunch is the best thing to do. Massive pile up in one of the races meant I ended up on the podium even though I hadn't joined with enough time to start a quali lap.
Still awesome fun and loving the online at the moment. Especially when you get in a good AB room.

It doesn't take much to get Minorating up and running on a server.

If RD were to run Minorating on their servers, it would mean that all RD premium members got a high rating for it, and made it easier for them to get into the clean servers elsewhere when there's no RD race.

Minorating is simply the best thing that happened to AC MP. Minolin does a great job for the community here. It cleaned the puplic server racing in an incredible way. All you have to do for good clean racing is, always join servers which doesn't allow ratings beneath your own! As a C grade avoid those servers with D grades in it, for example. I only race AB servers and for the most time can enjoy fair and engaging racing there.
If you on the other hand join ABCND servers you defy the reason of MR itself.

http://www.minorating.com/

Here you can find everything you need to know.

I never understood why such a system isn't in place for every racing game and sim out there.
It's a non restrictive solution to deliver the racing they want to everybody.

Crashers join crashers, clean racers join clean racers.

For FPS i would do the same, just with cheaters.
Once you identified a cheater i'd only allow him access to cheater lobbies.

Totally agree. It would make online racing in public servers so much better. My last 6 races online in public servers have been extremely close and we'll judged battles.

One race I was in third battling with the guy in second. We both weren't quick enough to catch the leader but we had an epic 5 lap bumper to bumper race where neither of us gave the other an inch but was still fairly fought. No incidents until a slow backmarker got in the way and was misjudged by the guy in second. That's racing but I took the second spot on the podium and felt well earned.

Edit. I should add that this was on a JPN server so my ping was fairly low allowing such close racing. (I'm based in Malaysia btw)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back