Minor Hotfix Update for Assetto Corsa Competizione Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC New Hotfix Released.jpg

In something of a bumper day for small hotfix releases, Assetto Corsa Competizione get in on the action with build 1.0.10 dropping earlier this afternoon.

Trying to think of things to say about really, really small hotfix updates for racing simulations has been my challenge for the day, and this is the last of what feels like an endless stream of them - ACC has been updated to V1.0.10.

Following up from the recent big build release from Monday, Kunos Simulazioni have dropped a little additional build to the title in order to address a couple of key issues reported by the ever vigilant sim racing community.

Not a particularly long read, the new build notes are available below:
  • Fixed default gearshift debouncing calculation being too low
  • Added gearshift debouncing slider to controls configuration screen
  • Fixed TrackIR flickering.

As usual with these things, the latest update will automatically install the next time you restart your Steam client.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

So called fanboy's please don't waste your time to discuss with smart people who're believing they can use their aged hardware forever because the first Grand Prix title by Microprose runs great on it.

Guys like @tr1v1um and @protonv5 will never get it. Maybe they'll start to blame Kunos for the impossibility to put an i9-9900k at a LGA-1155 mainboard.
I should have known better than to post on the forums. Lol. No disrespect to the owners/mods here, but this site is very Kunos-biased. Which is what it is, but in the end it hurts the sim-racing community. But, again, so be it.
I've always been clear on my posts, but they get twisted and only parts of my comments are regurgitated. And the whole argument is then changed as if that is what we have been talking about all along. I thought these comment sections were included for information/insight/learning etc. But, obviously they're not. Cleary the purpose is to elevate ACC, kill all opposing viewpoints and make every other developer/sim look stupid and irrelevant. In a way, my friends and I always get a laugh out of this, but it's also frustrating because when so many jam their noses up Kunos' rear end, they have no real reason to improve anything. All that happens is you empower their mediocrity.
It's also interesting that on this very site we have a new article entitled "What do you think is missing from sim racing", found here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/opinion-what-do-you-think-is-missing-from-sim-racing.173512/

Why is anything missing from sim racing? If anything IS missing, then it's also missing from the Kunos titles as well. So, why is that? Why are we as customers forced to ask the question?
Hasn't enough time gone by since the likes of GTR2, Automobilista to now have a title that includes all the features one would want from a modern day sim? Apparently not. Because we have grown accustomed to the new business model: Build it, leave it mostly unfinished, fix it/add to it later. When customers complain, advise them that they are ignorant, know nothing about game design, and then have your trusty fanboys on standby to hammer home the point. They can do this if they want, but a game lives or dies by it's customer base. And if a dev wants to blame the customers, go ahead. But in the end history will show which sims were true successes and which were failures. Regardless of what the fanboys would have you believe.
I really like ACC and WANT to like it a lot more. But so much is missing. It has been the sim that has been the hardest to make run and look half-way decent. Way more than all the others. It has been the sim that forced hardware upgrades like no other sim in recent history. (Regardless of what the fanboys tell you). The rating system is terrible and the so-called matchmaking is non existent. I wish the best for it, but I don't live in a fantasy land. Either make it stellar or make something else. But don't pretend this is cutting edge and say it's the customers who are missing the picture. Have an open discussion about it and make it better. But you just can't do this anymore. We're just supposed to sit here and say: "Wow. Great. Oh yeah, the best. Take my money. Love it." Lol.
I'm not trying to beat on anyone, just say it like it is. Fanboys, you're not helping. You think you are, protecting whatever precious title you protect, but you're just not helping sim racing as a whole. Kunos: Thanks for decent game in ACC, but there's a lot you have to learn also. Please stop with this SA system. It's not working! Lol. sorry for the rant. :)

Last edited:

Everything in this post is spot on, I don't know if people here are ready to handle this much truth, as most seems to live in a make believe world where ACC is doing great with a big player base and community.

Kunos is good at physics, creating cars and tracks, but everything else from ratings, singleplayer/multiplayer system, events, is very, very bad. Even though this is a sim title where car handling and track authenticity are the most important parts, it's not enough, not even close. Unless you are just releasing a test software for some racing company, which is not the case, since this is a video game.

• Deleted member 197115

Is there any hope for ACC VR, as I can't run it properly with i9-9900K and 1080Ti. And by run I mean stable 90fps.
And I can achieve that with very good visuals on heavily criticized for poor VR performance DR 2.0 with 240% SS.
People seems to like quickly blaming potato PCs or users incompetence of configuring the title, and while there are some cases for that, afraid the problem is deeper, the title just needs better, much better optimization, esp. for VR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, no matter what others say, personally, after the latest update, ACC is as close to a perfect game as it gets for my personal needs. I am currently running a 3h event, I saved after 20 mins. / 40 mins. / 55 mins. / 65 mins because I do not really have much more time/energy at the end of the day to use the PC to play a game on it. I only ever bought the game because the guys promised to deliver mid-game saves. And now, finally, they work, I cannot tell you how happy that makes me. It's just brilliant, it even saves the pit stop settings you changed in-car going down the straight, all settings are nicely preserved and - other than some chaps said - the oponents now behave the same after save as they did before save.
Playing the Porsche at Barcelona, it is sooooo much fun, the AI (once you set it beyond 90%) is plain amazing and really quite clever (don't dare to play with changeable weather, yet, though, are they still dumb when it comes to changing tires two laps from the finish?). As to the discussion here: graphics be damned, my screen is so small I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between "epic" and "high" settings anyway, I guess, it runs fluently on a machine bought this spring for less than 900 euros and looks fine enough for me to get fully immersed.

Still, to deliver the best possible Blancpain simulation Kunos need to:
- implement safety car and full course yellows
- re-implement the pit crew
- give us some more visual damage
- some way put John Watson into the game ;)
- make the replay look exactly like the TV/YouTube coverage

and to deliver a more immersive playing experience
- let us at least design our own helmets
- put our name on the list of drivers
- get the rated servers running for everyone, (I, like others, have never been able to access them)
- give us the ability to get different levels of talkative crew chiefs (the new one is already sooo much better than the old one)

Since we now have something close to a version 1.0, I'm having a blast at last and am waiting for more to come.

BTW: If I am a fanboy at all, iRacing is my port of call, but this game is the first road racing one in seven years to make me play something other than iRacing for more than a couple of weeks. Just lovin it.

Because we have grown accustomed to the new business model: Build it, leave it mostly unfinished, fix it/add to it later.

Yes, this happened. V1.0 was unfinished and riddled with bugs. If you go back to the thread announcing the release in this very forum you'll realize there was no praise but a lot of complaints even from the so called fanboys. Three months later we're at v1.0.10 with huge improvements that you can argue should've been there on release date but what are we supposed to do, keep crying and complaining forever?
There's still work left to do but the game is totally enjoyable to me at the moment so you can't expect me to cry because v1.0 wasn't what it should've been.

Fanboys, you're not helping. You think you are, protecting whatever precious title you protect, but you're just not helping sim racing as a whole.

Why is it that you automatically think anyone speaking up for ACC is a fanboy? The only reason I've posted on this thread is to try to give a balanced view in response to those criticising the game (sometimes unfairly, in my opinion). The fact that I rate ACC more highly than other racing titles is just down to the simple fact that, in most respects, I think it happens to be better. That doesn't make me a fanboy, it just means that I can compare things objectively. Could it be better still? Yes, of course it could and, thankfully, it seems to be improving all the time.

If Kunos had tried to correct every possible issue with the game before it was released, we could have been waiting years for it and then everyone would be complaining about how it was just vaporware. Even then, because of the incredible diversity of PC hardware, there would still be problems that the devs hadn't encountered during testing. Steam supposedly has 90 million active users and I'd be surprised if even two of them have absolutely identical PCs. How can you possibly legislate for that in testing? The complexity of modern games almost guarantees that updates and patches will be required after release. You only need to look around the forums to see that what some people consider to be show stopping bugs don't seem to affect others at all. How can that be if they're all using the same code? A lot of it must be down to individual systems - the hardware, software, driver and setup combinations. You can see this because the latest and greatest systems still often get problems which don't seem to affect much lesser hardware.

You say "we have grown accustomed to the new business model: Build it, leave it mostly unfinished, fix it/add to it later" but is that really the "new business model" (implying a deliberate policy) or just a pragmatic approach to getting a product (particularly a game) to market? You can't expect customers (especially gamers) to stay excited about something if it takes years from announcement to release.

Finally, I disagree with your inference that ACC was mostly unfinished on release. I would say that, at the very least, it was mostly finished.

Ok, here I go. Maybe I get a lot of dislikes for this....but I do not measure a game by its fanbase, online crowd, how many people play online, steam statistics and the like. I couldn't care less. Online multiplayer isn't all there is either. I fired it up only once to be honest, but will do more in the future, who knows.

I even do not get the Fanboy part to be honest. Either I like a product or I don't. ACC doesn't have some kind of preliminary bonus in my book because they made AC, which is/was also a good product by the way. They just made happen, what I dreamed of playing other sim titles: GT3 / Blancpain GT series. And they keep delivering in recent updates.
Speaking of which: And after the last few updates I came to enjoy ACC even more than before (okay new ultrawide monitor helped as well.). If you call me fanboy for that, so be it. Do I have to feel discriminated now? :cautious: :roflmao:

@Eckhart von Glan I hope the things you listed will be done in future updates, that would be so awesome. I hope you listen Kunos! ;)

I would say that, at the very least, it was mostly finished.

As far as i can agree, that speaking out for qualities of ACC doesn't make anyone a "fanboy"(TM), i have to ask though: are you serious??? :O_o:

This game was unfinished in so many ways at 1.0 release. No saving of laptimes in the menu, multiplayer with terrible glitches (even the physics tended to freak out sometimes), rating issues, (actually) bad performance, in comparison to now, translation to german, that seems sometimes was made with Google translator. Even the tyre contact patch, which is pretty essential for a driving sim from our time, wasn't working properly. (The Kerbs of death, pepperridge farm remembers) and the list could go on...
There were elementary problems and construction sites, that 1.0 more was a 0.8 beta with many hickups. I highly disagree with that.

Now the game is "mostly" finished. There is still much room for improvement, but at least, everything is able to work, as it should...mostly.^^

Huh. Uh, ok.
See? There's your Fanboy-ism coming through :)
You just don't even realize it I guess.

Wow, you really do have a limited vocabulary when it comes to categorising people! For me, a fanboy is someone who defends something in an obsessive, unreasonable and unjustified way. Someone who sticks up for something in spite of evidence to the contrary. Is that really what you mean? Where's the evidence (not just opinion) to show that what I've said is wrong? It would be the same as calling you a troll. Liking something, and having a reasoned opinion about it, doesn't make you a fanboy. Questioning people who're critical about something, based on your own experience with it, doesn't make you a fanboy. All of my comments are based on my personal experience with ACC. That your experience with may be different to mine doesn't automatically mean that you're right and that I'm a fanboy (although you'll probably still call me one, based on previous comments).

As far as i can agree, that speaking out for qualities of ACC doesn't make anyone a "fanboy"(TM), i have to ask though: are you serious?

Yes. You're just as entitled to your opinion as I am and I respect that, but do you really think that the majority, more than half, of ACC was unfinished when it was released? I suppose it boils down to how much importance you assign to the features you think we're missing or unfinished. Perhaps I see it differently because I haven't had any serious problems with multiplayer and performance has always been good for me (no stuttering or crashes, even during EA). The tyre model was finished on release - it was the same as the one used in AC, apparently, which hasn't exactly drawn waves of criticism over the years. The new tyre model is just that - new. It's not a finished version of the old one. The old one was single point, the new one has 5 points. I don't speak German so I'll take your word about the translation.

We clearly see things quite differently based on our personal experiences with ACC. I'm not saying that any of your comments are wrong, just that many of them don't match my experience with the game. I'm sure that if I was having some of the issues that you've raised, I'd also be critical of ACC, but, on balance, that's not the case for me.

Yes. You're just as entitled to your opinion as I am and I respect that, but do you really think that the majority, more than half, of ACC was unfinished when it was released? I suppose it boils down to how much importance you assign to the features you think we're missing or unfinished. Perhaps I see it differently because I haven't had any serious problems with multiplayer and performance has always been good for me (no stuttering or crashes, even during EA). The tyre model was finished on release - it was the same as the one used in AC, apparently, which hasn't exactly drawn waves of criticism over the years. The new tyre model is just that - new. It's not a finished version of the old one. The old one was single point, the new one has 5 points. I don't speak German so I'll take your word about the translation.

We clearly see things quite differently based on our personal experiences with ACC. I'm not saying that any of your comments are wrong, just that many of them don't match my experience with the game. I'm sure that if I was having some of the issues that you've raised, I'd also be critical of ACC, but, on balance, that's not the case for me.
Tyre contact patch...not tyre model...the tyre model was not working properly because of wrong data from the contact patch in the first place.

yes...almost more than the half of the game was somewhat glitchy, not working properly or strangely designed. If you call this a 1.0 release, uhm...yeah, okay, i guess. (Even if it is no point, that half of the game must be unfinished, to call it unfinished)

Almost everything, what wasn't directly connected to the driving itself, was sometimes nerve-wracking. With some exceptions.

Last edited:
I should have known better than to post on the forums. Lol. No disrespect to the owners/mods here, but this site is very Kunos-biased. Which is what it is, but in the end it hurts the sim-racing community.
Oh won't somebody please think of the sim racing community! :roflmao:

Every so often some games come around that push the current hardware to it's limits. Anyone who's used computers for a long time knows that any PC has a limited life span and that sometimes if you want to run particular software your going to need more power.

I'll grant you that ACC is a hog. I run in VR with a 1070 and I get a solid 45fps. I find that perfectly playable. I plan to upgrade my card soon because I want better performance. I don't blame Kunos for that fact though. If I wanted to run on a single screen like a normal person I'd probably be able to run with close to max settings at a constant 90fps.

No one is ever guaranteed specific performance in the PC gaming scene, your game will look as good as your PC can make it. That's the way it's always been with PC gaming. If you want guaranteed results get a console.

Why is anything missing from sim racing?
Why should any reasonable person who knows how much work goes into a title expect everything to be in a game? I think it's unreasonable to have these expectations based on nothing more than the sim you played in your dreams one night. If you don't like the product that's fine, but there's no need to talk down to people who do like the product.

If you think it's so easy then there's a gap in the market and you should fill it. Attacking the people who do the work and create actual sims in the real world won't win you any respect from the people who have been sim racing for decades.

See this: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/curb-behaviour.51750/page-41#post-1081807

They had to change from the original single collision point because of the latest improvements they made to ACC. Prior to them, the single collision point worked well enough.
You should re-read my post and maybe you see, that this is exactly, what i wrote.

For the record: the first sentence you can probably see written by Aris: "Ah you're confusing the collision detection points, with the actual physics tyre calculation."

This is, what i meant. The contact patch isn't the actual tyre model, it is the thing, that gives your tyre model data to work with.

but there's no need to talk down to people who do like the product.
To be fair, in the end, it's also the opposite! There's no need to talk down to people, who don't like the product.^^
If you think it's so easy then there's a gap in the market and you should fill it.
This argumentation is somewhat shaky like my answer to it: If you don't like your meal in a restaurant, but you are a bad cook, you can still say, that you don't like the taste.
Attacking the people who do the work and create actual sims in the real world won't win you any respect from the people who have been sim racing for decades.
Thats true.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%