Minor Hotfix Update for Assetto Corsa Competizione Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC New Hotfix Released.jpg

In something of a bumper day for small hotfix releases, Assetto Corsa Competizione get in on the action with build 1.0.10 dropping earlier this afternoon.

Trying to think of things to say about really, really small hotfix updates for racing simulations has been my challenge for the day, and this is the last of what feels like an endless stream of them - ACC has been updated to V1.0.10.

Following up from the recent big build release from Monday, Kunos Simulazioni have dropped a little additional build to the title in order to address a couple of key issues reported by the ever vigilant sim racing community.

Not a particularly long read, the new build notes are available below:
  • Fixed default gearshift debouncing calculation being too low
  • Added gearshift debouncing slider to controls configuration screen
  • Fixed TrackIR flickering.

As usual with these things, the latest update will automatically install the next time you restart your Steam client.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

What i dont know what u guys are doing at Kunos. Maybe some tips from me.
Implement the ratings system of iracing in Competizione and also more tracks and cars. And dont forget the laser guided track. For the rest i have no complain. Maybe to look at iracing what u guys are missing !!!!

This was run with a GTX1070 and an old I7-3820...all setting epic and the full compliment of cars.
The sim was installed on a mechanical harddrive as well....so in no way optimized.
Sure!...you can see the occasional dip below 60 fps but the actual racing was quite good.
The stutter you might see was induced on uploading it to Youtube. The replay had none.

Last edited:
Implement the ratings system of iracing in Competizione and also more tracks and cars. And dont forget the laser guided track. For the rest i have no complain. Maybe to look at iracing what u guys are missing !!!!

If they implement everything in i-Racing people will complain about a subscription and not being able to drive their cars without an active sub. The management required for matchmaking in i-Racing is not possible without substantial more cost to dev and player.

All the tracks are already laser scanned.

I can understand your frustration, but I have to say your CPU speed may not be fast enough. I would recommend at least something that can deliver 4Ghz and for sure increase the system memory to 16GB.

I do not believe any poor development decisions happen. It has been already explained why the path to UE4 took place. Also, comparing ACC to other sims in regard to hardware requirement is not totally fair. For me ACC graphics are a step forward compared to rFactor2 and iRacing. ACC graphics are not perfect and there are still some issues to be addressed but the immersion they provide to me is beyond other sims. I had go back to AC and rFactor2 and the driving experience feels dull to me. I am not talking about the physics, which are great, but the whole package. In terms of AI implementation I actually feel better to know the cars are driven under the same physics conditions as my car and not by some 'scripted' or predefined line. Also, not perfect, but I believe is getting better and better.
That's my whole point. It's a tech demo for rich kids wich isn't scaled very well to hardware. Why are there graphic settings when they have basicly no effect in first place? As said, I can run other UE4 games without problems where tuning graphic settings based on my hardware specs gives me a smooth experience. Squad and Hell Let Loose to name two very demanding ones.

For ACC I have to tune my hardware, wich means basicly spending something along the lines of 500 Euro to be able to run a sim that maybe looks as good as PC2 with GT3 cars (I guess I have seen that allready?), while PC2 still gives the option to perfectly tune the game based on my hardware specs ... one could argue that the driving sensation is better but is it worth a 500 Euro investment? It's the same as saying that everyone needs a DD wheel minimum to get the sim running. And then comes the usual brigade calling every mid or low end system a potato wich is completely out of proportion (my CPU is listed under high and mid end CPUs btw).

I might update my system in the future, but certainly not for ACC alone. And my comparison with rF2 wasn't aimed at graphics. ACC looks better wich is to be expected, but I can't run it with 40 or 50 cars at night in the rain while offering the same fidelity and stable 60 FPS while the image quality is worse in my case. And in that regard is running AI with player physics indeed a bad design choice, when the outcome is just average AI while consuming alot more CPU ressources than other products and limiting your player physics in the same process. Anyway, I am pretty sure that Kunos can survive without a few sold DLC copies here and there, but I wouldn't be surprised if I am not the only one who doesn't see any use in the upcomming DLC ... wich is a shame as the tracks are great.

If you want a game like iRacing, just buy iRacing. Whats the point in complaining that all games aren't exactly alike?

With my system I should atleast be able to run the sim on low but without stutters (GTX1070, 8GB Ram and i5 4570 at 3,7 GHz).

For ACC I have to tune my hardware, wich means basicly spending something along the lines of 500 Euro to be able to run a sim that maybe looks as good as PC2 with GT3 cars (I guess I have seen that allready?)

There are people in this thread alone (and many more on the Kunos official site) who seem to be coping OK with similar hardware to you. That said, do you really think that a new game will run well on old hardware without some tuning and compromises? Also, you just can't compare different games, even with the same graphics engine, as you've no idea how much of a load each puts on the system - the same graphics engine doesn't automatically mean the same system load.

The Kunos fans will always defend ACC and it's performance no matter what. Others will talk from their point of view. Why bother discuss it anymore?

To try to set the record straight!

When people say that some aspect of the game is broken or a particular feature doesn't work correctly, as difficult as it may be to accept, it's not necessarily the game that's at fault. If people were to say "this feature of the game doesn't work on my system", which is usually what they actually mean, there'd probably be a lot less argument and a lot more useful advice. Quite often, things which people attribute to bugs in the game or poor performance turn out to be issues with either their system, setup, background apps or external drivers (or a combination of all of these). It's just easier to blame the game and demand a fix than it is to spend some time trying to work out what's actually causing the problem. In most cases, if there was a serious issue with the game code, it would affect everyone, or at the very least a large number, and (unless, of course, you don't believe them) most people seem to be playing it successfully. Some things, like FFB, are very subjective and cause a lot of differing opinions and heated discussion around the forums and may never meet with everyone's approval but they're not bugs, as such.

There are some features still to be fully implemented and there are, inevitably, still some bugs, but not as many, or as serious, as some people make out.

Last edited:
I can understand your frustration, but I have to say your CPU speed may not be fast enough. I would recommend at least something that can deliver 4Ghz and for sure increase the system memory to 16GB.

I do not believe any poor development decisions happen. It has been already explained why the path to UE4 took place. Also, comparing ACC to other sims in regard to hardware requirement is not totally fair. For me ACC graphics are a step forward compared to rFactor2 and iRacing. ACC graphics are not perfect and there are still some issues to be addressed but the immersion they provide to me is beyond other sims. I had go back to AC and rFactor2 and the driving experience feels dull to me. I am not talking about the physics, which are great, but the whole package. In terms of AI implementation I actually feel better to know the cars are driven under the same physics conditions as my car and not by some 'scripted' or predefined line. Also, not perfect, but I believe is getting better and better.
The only game that can contest ACC is PC2 in terms of the Visuals, and being benchmark in VR, other than that ACC is on another level.

To try to set the record straight!

When people say that some aspect of the game is broken or a particular feature doesn't work correctly, as difficult as it may be to accept, it's not necessarily the game that's at fault. If people were to say "this feature of the game doesn't work on my system", which is usually what they actually mean, there'd probably be a lot less argument and a lot more useful advice. Quite often, things which people attribute to bugs in the game or poor performance turn out to be issues with either their system, setup, background apps or external drivers (or a combination of all of these). It's just easier to blame the game and demand a fix than it is to spend some time trying to work out what's actually causing the problem. In most cases, if there was a serious issue with the game code, it would affect everyone, or at the very least a large number, and (unless, of course, you don't believe them) most people seem to be playing it successfully. Some things, like FFB, are very subjective and cause a lot of differing opinions and heated discussion around the forums and may never meet with everyone's approval but they're not bugs, as such.

There are some features still to be fully implemented and there are, inevitably, still some bugs, but not as many, or as serious, as some people make out.
It's was very clear since release the ACC requires a lot of computer power. To now pretend otherwise is silly. Some say it's broken others say it's fine. I don't think it's broken. It just requires a high-end PC if you want it to look like the screenshots Kunos provided pre-launch. It's all good.

I have a Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1060 6GB and just 8GB of RAM and ACC runs pretty well with 25 cars and most on high/epic. Just 1080p and i disabled/turned down things like volumetrics and bloom, but at the most time, the game now runs pretty well. At dawn it drops a little bit with some more "mushy" feel, but even rF2 and AC with SOL do so sometimes and it is not game breaking. Also it looks pretty and the only complaint i have, is the sometimes unsharp image, but i'm playing in 1080p, so the UE4 upscaling becomes necessary, to compensate for it, i think (but this requires a bit beefy hardware of course).

I don't get that much cpu struggle here, it runs very well.^^

For the book: i'm an AMS fanboi, if you want so... so no glorification on my side :D

It's was very clear since release the ACC requires a lot of computer power. To now pretend otherwise is silly. Some say it's broken others say it's fine. I don't think it's broken. It just requires a high-end PC if you want it to look like the screenshots Kunos provided pre-launch. It's all good.

I don't consider my system high-end any more - stock 6700k, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM and I run it at 1440p and get smooth graphics that look like the Kunos screenshots. Do you consider that high-end?

Last edited:
The comparison to the visuals of PCars 2 or AC + Sol always makes me laugh. Neither of them look as good as ACC. And while graphics aren’t everything, it’s also true that ACC has more sophisticated audio, day /night and dynamic, believable weather. As a total package therefore, nothing touches ACC for immersion. It just captures the sense of “being there” more than any other sim has to date.

On a relatively modern, single screen setup that total package shines. If your system can’t cope then it might be time to upgrade or accept that your going to have to settle for older sims with less demanding specs, but that’s offer a less immersive package.

But if you want the next gen, then ACC is it - at least until the next one comes along. PCars 3? AMS2? GTR3? Who knows - maybe. Not ye though and I suspect it will be a while before ACC gets knocked off that pedestal.

The comparison to the visuals of PCars 2 or AC + Sol always makes me laugh. Neither of them look as good as ACC. And while graphics aren’t everything, it’s also true that ACC has more sophisticated audio, day /night and dynamic, believable weather. As a total package therefore, nothing touches ACC for immersion. It just captures the sense of “being there” more than any other sim has to date.

On a relatively modern, single screen setup that total package shines. If your system can’t cope then it might be time to upgrade or accept that your going to have to settle for older sims with less demanding specs, but that’s offer a less immersive package.

But if you want the next gen, then ACC is it - at least until the next one comes along. PCars 3? AMS2? GTR3? Who knows - maybe. Not ye though and I suspect it will be a while before ACC gets knocked off that pedestal.
Yeah ACC is the greatest.
Well, you made my point anyway. So, thanks.
I upgraded my system for several reasons and it was the only thing that made ACC at all playable.
An RTX 2060 and a 144hz monitor. So, for $850 you too can get your i7 to finally make ACC look good and run good. Quite an achievment from Kunos. Every other sim on the market ran just fine with average hardware. This is the only point several of us were trying to make. It has cool graphics but when a huge portion of your playerbase can't run it properly, you only hurt your product. And with it's very low playerbase ACC shows this to be the case.

Every other sim on the market ran just fine with average hardware. This is the only point several of us were trying to make. It has cool graphics but when a huge portion of your playerbase can't run it properly, you only hurt your product. And with it's very low playerbase ACC shows this to be the case.
The same is true with Ego-Shooters for example. Almost every new game does a step-up in visuals and requires more powerful hardware. I would estimate the life cycle of a gamer PC to 5 years. If you buy a non-high end GFX from the start maybe even less. If you want to keep up with modern games, you will be faced with upgrading the computer sooner or later. Since the dawn of computers and computer gaming it has been like this.

To pick up your point: The fanbase of AC, iRacing, R3E, etc stay with these titles. You do not lose fans of these products because ACC has upped the game in hardware. No need for the fans of those titles to upgrade!
From your viewpoint this might condense to: If you want to also be a fan of the much newer ACC, you have to upgrade your hardware to get the most out of it.

I’ve been needing to upgrade for awhile ACC has pushed me over, parts are now ordered.
I’ve been experimenting with different resolutions and gained pretty good results, but last night night I reverted back to Nvidia driver 430.86 did a manual clean install which helped a lot with the down track blur.
I also did a fresh ACC install and put it on SSD now I know with sims this is only supposed to increase load times not performance but there are noticeable graphic and FPS improvements.

So called fanboy's please don't waste your time to discuss with smart people who're believing they can use their aged hardware forever because the first Grand Prix title by Microprose runs great on it.

Guys like @tr1v1um and @protonv5 will never get it. Maybe they'll start to blame Kunos for the impossibility to put an i9-9900k at a LGA-1155 mainboard.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 216 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%