RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well not the best race I have had, in fact probably the worst!!

After a few spins was last after 2 laps, lapped after about 8 laps and because the lap was so short once you get lapped you spend all you time looking in the mirror to get out of the way.

It just got totally messy after that, missing brake points, spinning, puncture. Pitted in got repaired was about 7000 laps behind, thought I may just win this and after 1 more lap was burried in the barrier and out.

Thanks for the event but maybe a longer lap sometime in the future so it takes a while before the Jedi pass you.

Qualified in the midfield. Had a short but nice fight with Andrew untill he got away. Steven and Flatland provided me a good fight meanwhile,
when i went to pits i was in 1st place :party2: (those 4 laps leading felt good)
Changed all 4 tires, put some fuel and return to race in 5th position :bashful:
so i was quite happy with that. From then i got a confortable gap for the 6th driver (Flatman i believe) 14 seconds. The 4th place was uncatchable tho, was 18 seconds ahead. So , i was racing alone, lost a bit concentration and spun entering the main straight :bulgy-eyes: a bullseye hit against the pit wall and the engine stops :shock: a nice dream came to a nightmare :laugh2::sinister::rotfl:
Thanks all backmarkers, very kind driving :good:
Very good driving all.
Congrats to winner.
Cheers

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Hi all Qualified 21st, got to upto 9th position pitted on lap 30 and came out 8th, raced to the end on my last lap i crawled to the line and i mean crawled lol with 0.02 litres of fuel how i made i really don't know!!

Thanks to RD and andrew for another good night of the mini's

I had a real bad one ... feeling tired and rubbish tonight so concentration was lacking, and it showed was 0.5 sec slower than several hours ago :S

At the start the car was also odd despite me practising with race fuel before hand and thinking it should be fine ... span twice at the chicane at end of straight on first 2 x laps :angry:
Then on lap 3 or 4 I realised I must have had nudged the brake balance adjustment several clicks back whilst I was moving things on my desk before the start :doh:

That corrected the car handled better and I started making grounds back on Dietmar ... caught him and made to pass him into first hairpin but spun straight into the tyres.
Suspension damage and puncture ... eventually dragged it out of the gravel, trolled round to get to the pits ... got stuck in 2nd gravel trap ... finally pitted, tyres, full fuel load ... exited.
Lap 6 or so was commencing and already I was 1.5 laps down and dead last :Cry:

I caught and unlapped myself from about 14th spot, and was starting to get back into it but I clipped the grass stupidly, lost it ... looked sideways and behind before coming back on but someone was obviously in a blind spot, and clipped them as I re-entered -SORRRYY!
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Decided I had better quit at that point before I really ruined someone's race :sad:

Thanks Andrew and RD, unfortunately tonight it was not to be for me.

What can I say...
1st of all, Congratatulations to all who have finished this very exhausting race. It was long a bit more then 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Ok, lets start on the beginning...
Today I`ve installed this track, went online to do 1st laps and a setup. Instantely I was in a mid 1.16, and I was knew I can go a bit faster.
Ok Qually I was hoping for a high 1.15 and I have really surprised my self and the other guy who was on 2nd place. I didn`t expected such pace from me and neither from him. I could even hit a high 1.14, but I did a mistake on my last flying lap. My clock stopped at 1.15.3. I was more then pleased with it.
Race: Great start, instantely did a gap of almost 2 seconds, and then in the middle of the 2nd lap I did (damn me !!) a really stupid mistake and spun. Still don`t know what exactly happened. I dropped down to 8th, or 9th place and said to my self: No you got it, now you eat it. And I started to push very hard. I was passing guys infront of me (sorry for not knowing the names) and had some really nice battles with a few. With the last one we even went side by side through 2rd corner (for 180 degrees) and all down that streight and through those 3 zig-zag pedal-to-the-metal- corners. He was on the left side, I was on the right side. On the exit of last that zig-zag corner I was a bit more lucky, maybe becuse od the nature of the track and went 1st on the braking for 2nd chicane. Wow, it was really exciting and my heart beated fast. It really was a crazy manoeuvre ( btw, if someone has a replay, can post this here? I forgot to save it). Ok, from then on I was suddenly in the lead. I don`t know whaz was the leader doing, but he must have made a mistake in 2nd chicane. I passed him right there- it was a bit tight, but all clean.
In the middle of the race I did a scheduled pit stop, which was perfectly done, and from then on just trying not to do any stupid mistake to the end.
I have to thanks to everybody, clean racing from all the drivers. Nice!
And a shame for some guys, especially the leader (before I came into the lead) had some problems with lag - sorry to hear that, and a same, cause you have robbed me for some great racing battles. And Gary? What happened to you m8? You have just suddenly disappeared. Damn, I missed you. Next time, right?
Ok, cheers too all, and cya soon.

Thanks Andrew for setting this up. My first time in Mini's and my first ever street circuit race. I managed to finish race 1, without even getting lapped!:victory: I had two close encounters with the barriers, but both were minor. Then, just as I crossed the finish line for Race 1, Steam crashed and kicked me out of the game!:pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off:

I was really pumped about race 2 because I was running 7th, and would have a good start location. Also, I set my new PB during the race (admittedly a slow 1:34.1, but that was over a second better than I was earlier, and I made several 1:34 laps). I was just getting the hang of the Mini's, and learning where the Armco sticks out a bit :shame:. I'll try cleaning my installation I guess, but it was the Steam client that claimed to fail, and that updated quite recently.

Oh well, thanks guys, and I hope I can run again with you soon.

Chris

Had some really close racing :)
Man that track is really hard to overtake people on
Cheers Andrew for the event
Of topic
Did anybody get this when they crossed the start line?
capture_2008-11-28_23-45-10.jpg

Qualy: Was good qualified with new PB of 1:17.380, gave me 13.

Race: At the start Paulo got me, so was 14th after the first chicane and had Grant in my neck. Just saw it now in the replay, fair driving, you nearly got me at beginning of lap 2!! In total 2 off track sat Lee between Grant and me (behind me), heavily pushing :). On lap 4 (?) I didnt make one of the chicanes well, where I got a little tap, nothing anybody could have done something about, I guess! In lap 7 he already had passed me but obviously had forgotten to break for the corner :). From that on Grant and I were racing for a couple of laps with not much changing distiance (between 3-4 sec), next in front of me was more than 10 secs away moving more far away if i am not mistaken. In lap 18 I spun, so grant in fron of me (again 3-4 secs) :). Lap 29 i got lapped first time. With the tires wearing off my driving actually got bad. So pit stop at the end of 31. And here the drama started. Leaving the pit I got a stop & go. Now in the replay I saw it. The traffic light was red. I was just wathching the map and the dots moving on it and there was no car close. Anyway! BUT during the stop & go,I got another stop & go, and i saw it now just again in the replay. SAME f***ing MISTAKE, red light and I was just watching the map! I could swear it said 'speeding', which could have been as i was trying the limiter though I was in auto mode, but did not understand the first one. Anyway, fullfilling that one, I GOT ANOTHER STOP & GO!!!! I was really close to press ESC, or better to say hammer wild with something on the ESC button :smash:. (Now I do not understand it, at the last successful stop& go the light was red as well!?!?! Guess the racing god was just against me tonight). Was 11th 1 minute behind the next one and 1 minute in front of the next. Moved that a little bit, but not significantly (at least the distance between me and Kieran in front of me). In lap 51 I spun and after return to the track I had Grant again in front of me, but at least one lap ahead. So was sure that overtaking him would give me blue flags (not that I was really close doing so :) ). But I actually got pass him when he went off. He was far enough away for not to get a blue flag and I managed to escape when Grant spun again :). Finished 9th.

That was fun, didn't hit anyone from following them which pleased me. :)
1st race was a bit of screw up after having to pit after a crash.
2nd race I started 2nd but after a bit of push and shove and a spin I was down to last.
Caught back up and chased Andrew, we both went of at turn 1 which was amusing and he finished ahead of me :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%