• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Mini's @ Autodromo Internacional Algarve- Thu December 31st 2009 (US Wed 30th)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    Im on TS now, but will be on and off the PC for a bit

2. Michael van Scheppingen

Michael van Scheppingen

Ratings:
    +45
    I'll join \o/

3. Hugo Grilo

Hugo Grilo

Ratings:
    +0
    One more :D

4. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    I'm a defo now :)

5. Michael Herrmann

Michael Herrmann

Ratings:
    +1
    *report will folow tomorrow*

Sorry Ryan for the 3 overhart moves was to sleepy to realy judge it

6. Gary Lennon

Gary Lennon

Ratings:
    +203
    I wont go in to details...mainly because i dont know or can barely recall any :p.

Away good off the line and in the mix with a tight group for T1 - T2 - T3,i decided a bit discretion and caution is in order as its plenty busy enough just ahead of me....wrong move! :p,suddenly im literally surrounded and being shouldered and jostled a bit,no big deal,its the end of year Mini's party :),but at the tight left at the bottom of the dip (T5?),things started flying in from behind and i took some more hits,turning me around and with a slightly fooked susp car now :),scraped myself back on track and carried on in 11th and recovered to 6th :).
    Race 2 from 3rd spot and another fine launch away and get more or less beside the red pole sitter,but also the white car that was 2nd on my other side (right side),me thinks uh oh again and take my nose out of the mix :),unfortunately the white car ever so slightly tagged the red one a bit,at first it looked like he was going to check up and wait for him plumb in front of me,but the got going and must have done it after the tight T3 (thank you white car :) ),so a very very early inheritance of the lead,all thats left to do now is put the old heed doon and pump some laps out and attempt to build that gap up,i think the more those behind danced,the more i escaped.
    Pity about race one,as i had the same pace in the car for that one,and it was shaping up to be a hottie!!,but as Mick Jagger might say "You cant always get what you want"......

And on that note gentlemen,i bring to an end my simming 2009,see you all on the other side for more.

Many many Thanks to Yves & RD

7. Brandon Lawson

Brandon Lawson

Ratings:
    +0
    WEll net went on fritz again probably should have not rejoined after it went down just b4 qualy causing me to rejoin about 20 minutes later. Keith informed me that something happened as my net messed up and sorry for what that has caused no idea what problem but sorry again.

8. Bruce Saltzman

Bruce Saltzman

Ratings:
    +17
    It was fun racing with you guys. Haven't raced with EVO in over a year or more. And it shows. :)

First race I had a solid last place but lost it due to running out of fuel. Is there a bug I don't know about? I filled it for 14 laps and ran out on lap 7.

Second race I went into a turn a bit early and got caught on the kerb riser. Couldn't back off or go forward. A real picture of driving expertise. At any rate, thanks Yves, it was fun anyway. :D

Now if we could just get TS 3 to work... :)

9. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    The in-game fuel estimates for add-on tracks are often wrong :)

10. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Premium

Ratings:
    +3,965
    ??!?!? Race is finished ??? but i thought there is still 30 minutes till the start :(. Other events were ahead of gmt by 2 hours ( Turkish time ). And it was saying 2.00 gmt thursday ! :(:(

Edit : I'm such a fool. I thought 2.00 gmt is 14.00 gmt. ..... Sorry guys... :(

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,916
    I practiced on this track often after loading it. Each day I would have to relearn the track, I could never figure out which turn was on the other side of the hill for a few laps!

I actually qualified slower than my best practice session! I was trying.

R1: I got off the line better than expected, picked up some suspension damage in T2 but it was nothing. I got myself out of sorts and off the track at T7 and waited for all to pass before starting up again. I moved up past Jarrod, Matt, Eric, Bill, Michael and Bruce to see a large gap ahead of me to P10. Ho hum a great chance to improve my lines. I caught up with an ailing [I hope] Willy and pushed to get close. Willi's off in T5 and a last lap cruise.

R2: The word "exciting" can come to mind when gridded near the fast guys. Yves was right in front of me and at the start, he powered up, in reverse! Good thing he hauled a hard left on the wheel and a good thing I hauled in a bit of right to barely get past!

Matt Keighley. That's it, that's all, he was the only other thing that happened in my race[other than Yves finally going past us on his ride forward]. Matt and I traded places, back and forth, throughout the entire race. Well, up to the point where my abusing my tires left me with no other choice but to finally let him have the position, I was helpless then! We were both making mistakes, taking chances and dooing some good driving in between. The result was a fully action packed race between us that I really enjoyed!

Matt is a fine racer, we barely if ever touched and we did have lots of opportunites to do more than that! Generous, that's a good word! I hope he comes to more events.

Thanks Yves and RD for another race, a last race of the season.

12. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    Well it was a mixed results event for me this time.

Had not a single lap before official practice so it was recon for the whole session leading up to Race 1.

Q'd in 12th I believe and managed to get as high as 7th before we even complete lap 1. End up dropping down to 12th and claw back to finish 8th.

R2 sees me on pole and catching the usual reminder of blind ineptitude from Limerock from Rhys! Such a mate that guy......

Anyhow get a solid start despite the frantic calls on teamspeak about YVES going backwards! lol some things ya just don't believe when you hear it!

So it's 3 wide to T1 as Gary gets a good jump on me but not close enough to jam it inside at T1. Go to the apex and catch a massive shunt from Rhys who apparently gotten an equally good start but was way off line inside entering T1. The field streams by as I get the ubiquitous call from the car chief about my suspension. He don't know chit cuz its driving fine as usual.

grind out some laps and am finally getting up to speed with The very fastest guys. In fact as the race moves on I realize the only place I am losing time is the last righ hander before the flat out run to and down the straight. Just couldn't get that corner right and I paid. Had some brilliant moments with Michal Herrman as we slugged it out for 2 laps. He finally passes me and we are flying down the straight. I am drafting him from 2 lengths back and he SHOOTS right suddenly and I absolutely CREAM BRandon who is parked in the straight! Can't say thats typical of him............ Reports of bad Internet in Canada seem realistic now...........LOL

MEanwhile Rhys makes one of the greatest 6 gear flat out slides to avoid me I have EVER seen and soldiers on..

I am P5 when the damage call is unreapirable from the car chief. Well ya got that call right from the pits mr. goodwrench!

As usual, Mini racing is really tough. so many capable drivers so closely matched always brings out the contact. It's inevitable and felt that from my seat, things were pretty fair.

Happy New YEar Gents!

Thanks Yves and RD for a fun Wednesday MINI event! LOve to see more Wednesday stuff with you guys so maybe PM Yves if you'd like to do it again and possibly he'll get it set up again!

13. Jose Ferreira

Jose Ferreira

Ratings:
    +15
    Wish everyone a Happy New Year,,,,,,I am so sorry, please take me out of entry list.

Thank you

Jose Ferreira

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.