Minimum fps to play

You will react (slightly) slower to any oversteer, understeer or any other unbalance.

Come on, it's 1/50 of a second, that's 20ms while you reaction is well beyond 100ms.

I can agree one this - if you get over 100 FPS but have a 60Hz display then it's a choice of preference but if you got a 100Hz display then the lag will take an unnoticeable 10ms.
Or if you're getting like 65 FPS, then turning Vsync Off really won't give you anything.

I'm using my 50Hz setup on a 60Hz display, I run Vsync and get no tearing, no stuttering with a 20ms lag and I prefer this over any other setup that my system is capable of producing.

If I would own a 100Hz display then I wouldn't be probably even talking here ;)

Oh and one more thing, even I don't use Vsync when my FPS is lower then my Hz.

If frames being teared in half is what you call minor then I don't know how to call a 20ms lag.

IMO the minimum FPS to play AC is 50, running at 50Hz with Vsync On + 50 FPS in game limit.

Requiem have you even tried what I'm suggesting or are you just copying others ?

Last edited:
If frames being teared in half is what you call minor then I don't know how to call a 20ms lag.

IMO the minimum FPS to play AC is 50 FPS running at 50Hz with Vsync On.

Requiem have you even tried what I'm suggesting or are you just copying others ?
The new control panel doesn't have that "costumize resolution" option. I put 50mhz ingame resolution.
The thing is, i got 50fps in silverstone but in imola i've got 40+. Its dificult because i think the game is not optimized yet. Beyond that, i must upgrade my pc with 8gb of ram.

The new control panel doesn't have that "costumize resolution" option.

NV or ATI ? NV still has it, in the "Change resolution" tab you've got a button "Customize..."
Or am I wrong and newer cards have a different control panel ?

The thing is, i got 50fps in silverstone but in imola i've got 40+. Its dificult because i think the game is not optimized yet. Beyond that, i must upgrade my pc with 8gb of ram.

What's your PC spec ? What are your in game graphics settings ?

NV or ATI ? NV still has it, in the "Change resolution" tab you've got a button "Customize..."
Or am I wrong and newer cards have a different control panel ?

What's your PC spec ? What are your in game graphics settings ?
My specs:
I7 4tg generation, Nvidia GT 740M, 4gb Ram.
Graphics settigns are medium performance. Detailed very high, anti alising 2x, and one or other graphic software activated at min. Nothing special.

Yes, new control panel doesn't have that option

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years