Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

That's it - in these three lap races it's everyone for themselves. Contact is permitted, you may defend excessively, you may side-swipe each other, you may go for gaps that aren't there, you may push another car off track or into a barrier. It's a free for all!

What, no machine gun turrets or power pickups on the track? LOL!

This sounds like a lot of fun. Shame I cannot make this one.

Cheers and good luck to everyone.

Just not to discourage others not to compete if they are much slower.

Oh I see. Well I think they will have to go somewhat to be slower than me. Is this an un-written rule?
I mean it doesn't make me race any harder to be honest. I just go as fast as I can handle. I am usually making up the numbers these days. I won't do it again, consider my wrist slapped.
:rolleyes::whistling:;):)

It's a un written rule, if I see someone in the server I'll log in to have a nosey at the times :) that way I can have a nosey at what the pace is roughly or how much I need to practice lol. We get a good mix of drivers so there will be someone to race with.

BUT it doesn't matter if ur quick or slow you the most important thing for us is being clean. Be careful if u have a off and rejoin track etc, no late unrealistic lunges, force others off track. But most of all have fun!

@Paul Bennett Not shooting you at all. Where's it written down? I thought I'd read all the rules, but I must have missed that one. I do apologise.

It's an un-written rule so no offence taken :)

I tagged Andrew so he could explain in RD club terms, but all are welcome at any level so it's not it's not to discourage the noob driver from taking the leap into online racing.

I've been at this 2 years still can't win a race:D

It's all been explained already - thank you, my little minions muahaha!

Yes, unwritten rule (no need to apologise Andy!), we found that some people decided not to race if they felt they were off the pace so it was introduced to place emphasis on the fun rather than the competitiveness. As it stands, we now get good grids and I've got to say some of the best battles I've seen and been involved in have been near the back. I've sim raced for nearly 2 years and now I'd say I'm a low to mid pack racer, still enjoy every race.

I'll suggest to the staff that we add the rule to the rules page.

@Andrew James Sign me up please.

Got a question though. Just installed the mod and did a few laps on the server...some cars seem to have insanely strong traction control even though I put it off. Or is that maybe a problem with auto-clutch? It´s really confusing. The only car to spin wheels is the Ferrari 430 till now. But I haven't tested them all.

@Andrew James Sign me up please.

Got a question though. Just installed the mod and did a few laps on the server...some cars seem to have insanely strong traction control even though I put it off. Or is that maybe a problem with auto-clutch? It´s really confusing. The only car to spin wheels is the Ferrari 430 till now. But I haven't tested them all.
Some of them are more 'on rails' than others, yes. If you want one of the more challenging ones I'd say take the Nissan, Mercedes or perhaps the Corvette.

Oh it was not about the challenge. More about the cars going really slow in 1st gear (no wheelspin at all) from standstill. It has to be auto-clutch related as I can spin the wheels in other situations. Kinda hard to explain for me atm. But it´s not to bad, I don´t plan on standing still too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%