Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

@Queequeg

so sorry mate for the 2 hits :( i probably screwed your race and i,m so sorry and i didn,t even finished the race i crashed and killed the car.
No problem, GSC and myself managed to screw the race all on our own. When I went to pit, I got assigned a pitbox in which a car was being serviced right that moment. After waiting a good ten seconds, I pitted and got a drive-through penalty although I was on the pit limiter from the entry to the exit line of the pit area. I served that one, taking extreme caution to be on the pit limiter way before and after the lines and got another penalty. Don't understand it at all, never got a penalty in offline practice and I have practiced pitstops with full penalties on this track there. Needless to say, I ragequit immediately and none of that was your doing.
So open a frustration beer with me and cheers!

On another note, I want to apologize for whoever I punted in the pitlane. I though the game was bugging out on me when I saw a car identical to mine in the pitbox and tried to drive through it.

I have this feeling in my head that there are drivers in the other room, waiting to take me out to the nearest tree and lynch me :). This is a very tough track in either version, the results of R2 yesterday and the list of those still running at the end today both have about a 50% retirement rate. Those finishing did an excellent job and everyone else just made one little mistake, a bummer for sure.

My race was boring for the most part, a correction to my pit stop fuel amount in the first half of the race was the only thing out of the ordinary. Charles caught me up and it was a little unnerving to be so close going so fast, but I got through with only minor paint losses. With just a few laps to go I started using boost to keep Arne a safe distance behind only to spin in the "infield"(?) without contact and lose half my advantage. Boosting as often as I could I only managed one more fight with the barriers losing a little more paint until it was over, it was over(?), I had a hard time believing it!

Next weeks run should be a bit more forgiving and get us all a little more time in traffic. Come back for that one.

A "Congratulations :thumbsup:" to all for entering and running in the event! A big cheer for Tero and Reik, the :devilish:'s and :alien:'s among us running in their great battle!

Well, that was interesting.
Never driven these cars before, so that took a little getting used to. Not to mention that I didn't know there was something called Temporary boost available in these cars.
Then of course I hadn't read the fine print, and thought this was the same lay-out as for the Touring Cars yesterday.......Or in other words, what little practice I had done had been on the wrong track. :D
Trundled along behind somebody else in the practice session, and I started braking and turning in for the chicane, while he just continued merrily on, leaving there thinking:
"Waaaiiit a minute......" :rolleyes:

Combine the above with my own inimitable driving-style (or perhaps lack of same) and..... Well, I have a theory that some of the leaders crashed out because they were pissing themselves with laughter. :p

Highlight of the race: Entering the pits after a rather spectacular off (even by my standards), and I'm told that it'll take 34 seconds to replace the front wing.
"That's nice", I thought. "What about the hood, the front quarters, the side-skirts and all he other bits that fell off?" :D

Well, that was interesting.
Never driven these cars before, so that took a little getting used to. Not to mention that I didn't know there was something called Temporary boost available in these cars.
Hey, same here! First time racing this car, and nearly the first time driving it, and also didn't know about the boost until after the race :D I feel like such a noob!

Race had its ups and downs. Well not downs per se, plateaus really. Starting from 6th and looking at Reik's pace in qualy I figured there's no chance I can get up there. So took it safe and easy for the first laps. Still getting used to the car and also didn't want to be that guy who shows up the first time and then runs out of talent and takes out people :D

Cars ahead of me were having a scrap and I was picking spots slowly and eventually found myself in P3 behind Charles, sort of keeping up with him. Some laps later he spun and then I was P2 with 10s to Reik and the gap growing. So I figured that's as far as I can go. Kept pushing a bit, trying slightly different things, pushing brake markers etc.

I knew my fuel consumption and roughly how much I needed more and when it was time to stop I took a bit more to be safe. And as tyres looked to be lasting really well, though rears were wearing down a bit faster and it made the car a bit trickier, I decided not to change them as I also didn't know how long it would take. I hadn't practice pit entry and the last time I drove Rouen was probably in rF1 5-6-7 or something years a go. So I braked way too early for the pits (At the tyre wall) and then accelerated back up a bit until I found the entry :D

Reik seemed to take tyres too as his stop was quite a bit longer. So I got ahead of him and I thought I might have some change for a win.

But he was really fast and caught up with me with some minutes left in the race and seemed to basically cruise past me. I made a last hope late braking into the second last corner when he had already passed me. It didn't work at all but also luckily didn't take him out or damage my car. I thought that would be it for the lead battle.

Couple of laps later he was basically stopped at the hairpin down the hill and I managed to overtake him. We remained close and swapped positions couple of times, I think, not sure. On the last lap he overtook me again by being much faster out of the hairpin that leads to the flast out section before the second to last corner. I stayed in draft and close to him and somehow managed to snatch the win by 4 thousands of a second at the finish line! And without push-to-pass! :D

Man, that was an awesome race! Thanks for the setup and racing, @Reik Major, and thanks everyone for showing up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back