RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Nice racing, when I was involved in any... lol.

Started race one, from 9th, taking my time, braking well early... give myself, and everyone else, room to manoeuvre. Was feeling very optimistic, as I turned in... that optimism was soon shattered as I was collected by an Exocet.. luckily it didn't explode... lol. When I eventually got going, I was stone last (I think). Made a few places, as people made errors. Had a great fight with Ben Shears, I may have been a little quicker but he wasn't gonna let me have it easy. We had a bit of contact, all my doing... but neither one of us, were off track. Pietr Blaszczak, got by me, as I recovered.. I got back past, as he had an incident. Back to the race with Ben, I eventually got by. Round the outside, at turn 1. I blew it only a couple of laps later... all on my own, I boomed the final chicane.. clever me... lol.

Started race two, from 17th, doing exactly the same again... no incident at turn one. I was making places though, as people had their little incidents. I was content, to follow around in the queue. Space would eventually be there, to make a manoeuvre. Those drivers who'd had an incident, didn't seem so content to follow anyone. I wasn't to be lucky, in this race either though. I collected some poor unsuspecting innocent, who'd found themselves turned around, facing the oncoming traffic. I got a puncture... pitted, got it sorted... Then, I proceeded to send it into the turn two wall... lol. Lap two, and I was bidding all farewell... again.

Grats, to those who deserve it. Commiserations, to those who think they deserve it... lol. Thanks to RD n Gary... it shoulda been great... lol.

• Andrew Evans

no mate... the servers are split like this for a reason and if i do one change, i'll be flooded with requests from dozens of others.... people will be shuffled around for days to come yet, so wait and see...

• Matt Crouch

Not an easy track when it comes to the actual race. Thought it felt fairly forgiving in practice but it turned out not to be... :)

Race 1, firstly as said in chat sorry to rob for the shunt although I don't think it did much, focusing on the other cars and suddenly realised I'd forgotten the braking point for that corner, also to Jeroen for me being in the way - was good of you to wait although it was my fault really :) - oh and I checked the replay and didn't realise you'd stopped behind me Nuno - thanks for not running into me :thumb:. I think my cars ability to turn got a bit lost somewhere in this race, had a good couple of laps with Jeroen until he got ahead, and I finished 9th after a few people ahead dropped out. Was thinking how I just managed to get away with that one, not getting on pole (thankfully) :D

Race 2, had a few good laps after me and Jeroen managed to converge on each other again. All of this was fun even for the rear few places :) Got ahead around lap 8 and started to pull away, but managed to oversteer into a wall and get a puncture. Took it into the pits to get the tyre changed, re-overtook Adam ;) and finished in 10th

Not the most successful races but at least I can say I finished both :) Thanks for the event

1st race started off 17th, got in the mayhem in T1 nothing serious but lost some time. (sorry there Eck, wanted to turn save but didn't see you turn towards me) Got pretty good back to the others, due to the fighting of them. Could overtake some people who spun out. Then the remaining time i fought with Matt which was awesome and Adam (i believe) joined us for a while.
Finished 8th... Was already happy to finish. :sinister:

2nd race i started pole. Could not get a good start, but managed to stay top 3. T2 Ruined that for me as my brakes locked up, and went straight ahead. Sorry there to the one i blocked, i thought it was clear to get back on. Again i had some fighting with Matt, which we always seem to do, doesn't matter what kind of race. And Adam (was it you again?) joined behind me. I just did not have the concentration anymore and started to make some crazy mistakes, which left me with a car that was not really drivable and when i spun again Adam was coming in. Tried to avoid that to bail out off the race, but i think you hit me anyhow.

It was a nutty track, found it pretty hard but i had a great night! Thnx all for racing, and thnx RD and Gary for putting up a great event... again!

Good racing and a realy difficult track

Qaulifying:

qualified 12th and i was unhappy because i thought I coul go faster.

Race 1:

Had a average start but Rob Goldthorpe had a cracking start and flew off. coming to first corner had Amir margilt was beside me so i decided to leave him space but braked to late and collected Eck simpson. Sorry Eck my fault. I came out of it last with no front bumper, suspension damage and a punctured front tyre. So troddled back to pits and from there was on my own picking up places as people quit and going into pits. Crashed again lap 7 so went into pits again. Had a good little battle with Jeroen even though he was a lap ahead I couldnt resist. Finished 11th

Race 2:

an average start again and managed to miss the mess in the first corner. Had a good half lap battle with matt and then took him through the lap. Then ben shears went very wide so as i turned in he tried to get back onto the race line and i tapped his rear. So i stoped and waited for him and off i set in 18th place from 9th. I passed ben on the next lap and set after next place. Then lap 3 caught nuno and passed him with a good move on the last bend. I flashed him apriciating the fair space he gave me. Then chased after Matt and Jeroen as they were having a good battle. then lap 8 I caugh them and was behind Jeroen. Matt got away as me and Jeroen battled. I was much quicker then him into turn 1 and nearly had him a few times. But he crased into the tyres at 1 of the chicanes. So I chased after Matt.bBut lap 11 I crashed myself taking the front bumper off but I wasnt going to pit as Jeroen who took back over me didnt have 1 either so i chased him down. Then he spun in front of me and I had no where to go and I hit him. Giving me suspension damage and puncture to add to the front bumper. So i pitted as the leaders lapped me which serveed to be a blessing in disguise. Because as i finished my last lap (lap14) i had less than 1 litre in fuel so if i did another lap i would of ran out. In the end finished 12th.

Good race and enjoyed race 2 very much and enjoyed it een thouh I was slow and made mistakes. Thank Gary for setting it up and well done winners and podium.

Race 1 was OK, had fun chasing down someone, (forgot your name :D) then when I caught them it was a good battle. (My in depth statistical analysis of that particular race.)

Race 2 i got a cracking start and straight into P1. Good close racing for about 3 laps, had the ol' Lenno and someone else behind me (Damn I'm not good at names :D) I think I just held him up more than anything, even with my expert defensive skillage. Then made a mistake and let most people past. Tried to catch up, in my haste I made another mistake and completely ruined the suspension.

@Matt - No problem :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline