RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Dawes

Q13: 2:12:xxx

Race 1: First lap lost front wing and suspension when running 11th. Tried to pit a couple of times but it didn't seem to help. Was running 2:30-2:20 times with the ocaisional off. Basically a mobile chicane for the front runners. Then i saw Cam go off and lose a wheel he was in 12th (i was in 13th) but i was over a lap behind him. In 2 laps i pulled back over 2 mins only to fall agonisingly 8 seconds back - but it was hard pushing a broken car and trying to get out of the way of the front runners. just 500m more would have done it.

Race 2 didn't last that long. Runnning about 12th when i put it badly in the wall. The car simply wouldn't turn after that, i called a pit stop for the next lap only to destroy the car on the fast left near the finish.

Just glad i didn't take anyone out with me!

Oh man, I think I caused the mess in race 1. I clipped David Lemon's rear wheel in front of me in Eau Rouge, slowed and then got hit from behind starting a pinball mess of ricocheting cars. Sorry...

I had a wrecked car, and tried to pit, but when I stopped in my spot the pit chief just said "Go, go, go!" without repairs. So I parked the car as I couldn't keep it in a straight line.

Race 2: Took it really easy at the start from 2nd last, just dodging incidents. I had some good racing with Grant and Cam for a while - would have loved it to last the whole race - but we got spread out and I managed to finish 7th (or 8th) behind Rhys.

Overall, these things are great to drive... you're really on the edge the whole time.

Congrats to the guys up front.

What else can I say? Simply smashing, the best races I've ever had!

Race 1: Started in 12th, at the start I did not manage to get past a few people and got caught up in a crash at Eau Rouge. However, I managed to get away with no damage and set about reeling in others in front, hopefully for a points position. After some good dicing with David Lemon and someone else (can't remember their name, sorry...) I ended up in 6th position and stayed there for most of the race. All was well until I heard my pit chief's dreaded message: "You're running low on fuel!" I realised that I had stupidly forgot to stock my car up with enough juice to last the distance! I managed to carry on until lap 10 and I pitted. With that David got back his position and I ended up back in 10th. I soldiered on until the end of lap 11, having been lapped by the leaders. Ended race 1 without any points, but with my first top 10 finish in my time with RaceDepartment.

Race 2: Having learnt my lesson in the way of race fuel, I got away well from the start again, but was held back by yet another first lap pile-up. Again, I was undamaged, and found myself in the midst of a points battle. In some cracking racing with Dietmar, Grant and others, the positions I were in went up and down. I recall being as high as 4th at one point. At another point Grant Powell (or maybe someone else, can't remember again...) zoomed past me - in the middle of the straight after Eau Rouge! What was up with that? Gear ratios maybe? Anyway, I seemed to slip and fall behind in the later stages, having lost my two positions and fallen back to 6th. I finished that way, just in front of Wally Masterson.
I may post some screenshots of the event for your enjoyment.
Very enjoyable event, that ended with two milestones in my RaceDepartment simracing career: First top 10 finish, and first points finish. Great racing guys, can't wait for next week!

Quali: Did a 2:11.329 which put me 11th (don't know exactly)

Race 1: start went pretty ok, managed to stay out of the mess, till I went of track in the right hander before it goes down hill (that turn caused today a lot of trouble for me), which put me on 13. Second lap, same turn, but no loss in position. Same lap I had to brake very hard not to kill Keith at the chicane after the high speed piece before the finish straight, put me off. Carefully reenering put Cam in front of me with whom I had then a couple of position exchanges. When I did no mistakes I managed to escape, but unfortunately I did mistakes :). Especially in my favorit turn. Lap 6 again my favorit. In lap 8 it was Cam's favorit, I was to close to to brake, lost my splitter and suspension problem. Tried to fix the problem in pit, but I should have read the pit guide, I did not confirm in the menu that I want them to be fixed. So next lap again into the pit. While exiting I should have paid attention to the traffic light :(, got a Stop&Go. That's where I finished the race (11th ?).

Race 2: In lap one I got a kick from Rhys (who also nearly kicked off Cam before!!) in the chicane after Eau Rouge, which gave me a suspension problem. Rhys, sorry but I think you should take a little bit more easy in lap 1. Not the first time...
After some mistake of myself I was last doing pretty lonely laps to many minor mistakes to catch up, but I finished!

Nevertheless good combination F3000 & Spa, lots of adrenalin!!!!

Thanks to RaceDepartment for setting today up

Race 1: Crashed out
Race 2: Lost a wheel and smashed the front wing, tried to pit twice but it wouldn't stop in the pit box, (I had auto pit on) as it was on the hill, so I quitted out

William, is that in time attack? I just got done running on the server and my best is a 2:07.xxx. Also, I noticed the track is very dark (like a re-paving job) in places where the overhead lights are. Is this normal? or is it just me... This track is tough. very tricky, and where are all the people that wanted a Sunday event?

William, is that in time attack? I just got done running on the server and my best is a 2:07.xxx. Also, I noticed the track is very dark (like a re-paving job) in places where the overhead lights are. Is this normal? or is it just me... This track is tough. very tricky, and where are all the people that wanted a Sunday event?

Yes that is time attack, I don't have those dark spots I don't think, and were are all the people I don't know - but I think I convinced Steve Emmons to show up. :)
see you tonight.

Oh - here is a tip - down load Attila's Macau setup and change the gearing, the rest of it works great on Vara. :)

lapping and beeing lapped ...

If you don’t mind I’d like to say some words regarding lapping, based on my experience from the last event at Donington and my general understanding of that topic.

First I have to state, that all drivers were very kind and tried to do their best to let faster drivers lap them. However there were some tricky situations (and one accident for me) because of some misunderstanding.

Basically there are 2 options to let someone pass.

• If you are on a straight and a faster driver comes close, go off the racing line and lift the throttle (if necessary). Please do this early enough, so that the closing driver can see your intention. Do not just slow down on the racing line! The faster driver might smash into your rear, because he can not tell your move and when he sees it, it’s too late.
  • If there is no straight just drive your normal racing line and let the faster driver overtake you as he would overtake a direct opponent. But in contrast to a real fight you are very kind to him and assist him getting past you. You can break a little earlier and leave the door wide open so he can easily slip through at the inside.
Everything else is unpredictable and thus dangerous for both.

All tracks have parts that are not suitable for overtaking. You should go as normal and good as you can there, without caring about the car behind you and take the next good opportunity to let the faster car pass. It’s no problem for the good driver to adapt to a little less speed but there is a big risk of crashing if you do something the following driver can not predict. (This is usually true for fast corners that are taken at full speed or with just a little lifting where everyone is at the edge of the car.)

Further comments are very welcome.

Looking forward to nice racing,
Nico

Lu Chan said:
May I join this race?
Car: BMW Z4 GTR
thanks Gary & RD!

Ive swapped myself over to the Aston,i already know the BMW is really nice,so i am going to take the opportunity to get more comfortable with the Aston,and show a bit of patriotism too :p,but i can gaurantee you all,the cars are very very closely matched :wink:.
So on first come first serve basis in the list,Lu Chan gets my old broken and now very dented BMW :becky: :p :pound:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%