RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

More great fun and the usual truckload of action in these STCC events. These races are extremely intense and full of close racing. I must compliment everyone first, considering how tight these tracks are and how close everyone is, the driving standards were excellent, well in terms of clean patient racing anyway :sinister: .

These little STCC tracks all seem to have some nasty little surprise sections, and this one was no different. During practice, I had about a 50% record of spinning in the tight little bumpy chicane at the end of the straight, so I knew it would get me at some stage. And it did, at least twice.

I chose the Volvo S60, so I could show off my new skin designed by William, but it was a big handfull on this tight track. Not exactly nimble.

Since I had disconnection problems, I wasn't too sure whether to try a qualy lap, but thought I might as well find out early. Didn't do a good lap, but my connection survived (phew!).

Race 1 confirmed my fears in that nasty chicane, and about lap 5 I spun it badly, right in front of Cam who pulled off one of the best examples of evasive action I have seen to somehow miss me. I managed another two spins later, but obviously others were copying me, so I managed to finish in P6.

Race 2, after starting P4, I moved to P2 for a few laps, and did my best to hold off the quick guys behind me so that my Aussie mate, Cam, could get a gap out in front. It wasn't hard making the S60 wide, it has a huge rear anyway, and it waggles it frequently, as I'm sure Gary was finding out. In the pits, I got a birds eye view of Gary and Cam making out in the pit exit. This time, I managed to keep the S60 somewhere near the tarmac, and avoided the nasty spins, finally finishing P4.

Thanks to William for organising this, these STCC events are really different and great fun.

first of all to Gary and Peter when i spun and was collected by Gary i couldnt get out of the way ,i sorry for stuffing up what sounds like a great contest between you 2 .anyway just couldnt get my act together today ,in the first race hit the wall and limped back to the pits with a puncture and aero damage .finished the race a very distant last .second race just had a shocker ,anyway congratulations to the winners and thankyou to the organisers for putting the race on .see you guys next week
regards
Olaf.j

I don`t believe it, what a pile of S**t. Go through practice then qualify 7th wait through warm up then Race, lost connection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steam updater, Steam requires restart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlucky Bob. :struggle:

An epic fight for about an hour with Stevie P, The Croucher and Paulo - absolutely superb chaps, clean and (relatively) fast all the way through.

Absolutely magnif. :good:

And i felt great, fantastic! :clap2:

Qualified 14th on the 39 second. Start went well, got the 11th place at first lap.
For about 15 minutes i was trying to fight with David Lemon and Neil Gault (i believe we were dicing for 6th place at that moment, after a 4 car incident on the back straight). They were a bit faster than me but i kept them in sight untill the pit stop.
Exit pits just in the midlle of Matt Crouch, Steven Palmer and Stuart Thompson. And from there it was an intense, hard, amazing, cool, clean and fair batlle untill the last second. :thumb: I really was having so much fun, that i could carry on for more 80 minutes. :cool:
Most intense and close race was with Stuart tho. By the way when we were lapped, i took my chance and followed bump to bump the driver that was lapping us, overtooking Stuart - despite of a clean manouver, i didn't feel well doing that - and gave Stuart the inside line on the right corner after the chicane, however i exit better and passed Stuart on the next right corner. Great race! One of the best so far! Must see replay.:clap:
You all provided a huge fun race night to me. Awesome, just awesome!

Finished 7th, but to be honest, i could finish in any place behind, there were plenty of great driving. :yo:
Congrats to Ben, fantastic pace. :first:
Excellent track choice Andrew, cheers.

Great race for me :)

Didn't really qualify that well but got a good start and settled into 6th behind Nigel untill we came across a car in the middle of the track!! Nigel made contact and I swerved and spun :( this dropped me back to about 11th or 12th but I pushed hard over the next few laps and made my way back up to 6th behind Neil and just in front of Paulo, over the next 20 laps or so we had a terrific battle:fencing:I pitted early with the plan of trying to get in front of Neil when he eventually pitted and pushed as hard as I could for 4 or 5 laps but it was in vein as he pulled out of the pits right in front of me again!! :D our battle continued for another 15 laps or so:fencing:really good fun but eventually slipped past with about 15 mins to go and slowly but surely pulled away but had a 25 sec gap to the battle for 3rd between Marcel and Seb, they seemed to be holding each other up from time to time and I was closing but not enough and was 12 secs behind at the finish, I've been on a couple of public servers this week and had forgot how bad they were compared with the racing on RD, keep up the good work :worship: thanks to Andrew also for setting this up :good: great track choice, cya all next week hopefully :)

stcc_boxcover.jpg

This is your change to win a copy of the STCC Expansion pack. For this you will need to already own either Race 07 or GTR Evolution. Full details of the pack are available on the official website. We will run 2 servers for this event, the first server will be the competition server where people will have a chance of winning. The second server will be identical in setup but with the STCC cars for those who already own the expansion.

To win the expansion all you have to do is join the event and complete the race. A random number will then be generated using this service. If the number that appears is your finishing position then you will receive a PM from me. Please be patient as there may be incidents that will need to be checked in the replay first.

Remember RaceDepartment's golden rule, anyone found during this event to be breaking this rule or showing poor behaviour on track will be disqualified from the competition. Finally, anyone not on the list below in the server will find themselves ineligible for the prize draw.

Servername: RaceDepartment Competition & RaceDepartment STCC
Password: Please PM me if you are unable to remember the old trial club password

Class: WTCC '07 & WTCC '06 - Excl. Vectra (Plus STCC for STCC Server)
Track: Brands Hatch Indy
Weather: Changeable

Practice: 30 Minutes 20.00GMT
Qualification: 10 Minutes Super Pole
Warmup: 5 Minutes
Race: 1 x 50 Laps (Mandatory Pit Stops)

Notes:

Super Pole & Mandatory Pit Stops

Use the template below to signup. If you already own the STCC then please use the STCC server.
Code:
Name: 
Car: 
Competition or STCC Server:
Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Competition Server:
  1. Scott Michaels - BMW E46
  2. Piotr Misiorek - Honda Accord
  3. Adam Vaughan - Seat Leon
  4. Jeff Leroux - Honda Accord
  5. Mark Birney - Honda Accord
  6. Karoly Kajdy - BMW E90
  7. Sandis Roginskis - BMW E90
  8. Sandor Bazso - Seat Leon
  9. Henrik Horvath - Chevrolet Lacetti
  10. João Andias - Seat Leon
  11. Petr Kantor - Seat Leon