RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Chris Rodgers

Minis! I'm in :) Hopefully the track's not too hard to learn...

Name on RD forum: Chris Rodgers
Name in game: Chris Rodgers

Your Country: NZ
Control: MOMO

Two things ...

BVM skinpack has a new skin in it ... for our dear ol' Danny Pattiwael should he join us one Friday. Ryan, can you add it to the ultimate skin pack whenever you get round to it pls ... or anyone wishing to can download it directly from my garage over here

In the interest of fun and racing club spirit, I have created a base setup from my first 12 laps here and put it in the setups area for download ... will also upload it in game later when I get chance so that non-premiums can get it too - might not be to your liking, but OK as a starter (for me at least)

Signed smiley no :lee:

No probs Lee - people will have to download it seperately just for this week and I shall add it for next weeks event defo :thumb:

EDIT: I notice there is also an update to the PAR skinpack - that will be added to the Ultimate pack along with Matt's skin and the updated BVM skinpack for next week :D

Real sorry guys that I didn't make it. Like I said I had to work and after I got back I was just too tired to race... but hopefully this race revived some interest in GTL again and some more events will follow (but not all of them on thursdays please... ;) )

• Jerome Benard

:dance2::dance2:

Nice event this nice wahou :rotfl:

A very good spirit this night, a big revival to GTL on RD :in-love:

Thanks all and RD for that interesting event and now i stand the next :rotfl:

I was just too late for race 2, so I started racing in race 3 with no experience of the track at all.
I used the porsche 911, and it was really hard to keep up with the pace of the Capri's. Made a mistake in lap 5 and hit the wall very hard in lap 6 and lost my splitter. It was hard to control the car after that and David came really close in the last lap, but I finished 4th, 0.07 sec in front of David.

There was a good amount of people showing up - so I guess there actually still is interest in GTL :rotfl:

A great event it was. Had some good races with these old beauties, thanks to Warren again for setting it up..
There was a good spirit from most people. Only thing I didn't like was that some people kept racing in the pits and there have been some crazy manouvers(?) when rejoining the track - all in all it was very clean racing all around, thanks to everyone!

Hope to see some GTL events again in the future :monkey:

• Andy Marsden

Fantastic event, we should run all GTL races like this one. :D

RACE 1
Started 18th and finished 13th. Couldn't find the rhythm in the Jag, damn that things a clunker!

RACE 2
Qualified 6th a online PB. Got up to 3rd, lost it to 5th but got myself back up to 3rd for my first online podium! Had a great last few laps battle with Scott Michaels who almost took 3rd away from me. Great considering it was my first time in a GT40 (and with a pad!)

RACE 3
Chose a pants car again and qualified last. Retired on lap 8 after hitting the walls too many times and ruining my car.

Great event tonight and everyone drove perfectly, really was a gentlemans evening! Look forward to the next GTL event, lets keep this format :thumb:

wow it was so goood
:sinister:
all 3 races were great but the last one was the race i will remember for a long time. had a very close and fair race with gary for the lead with many fights and overtaking moves and then on lap 9 i tried to make my move. gary lost control and the same happend to me:worship:
i lost it and i do not know how gary kept it on the road and went on to win.
thank you very much warren and rd staff for the superb event .i hope many will follow.
btw can someone upload the replay of the last race? this 1 i have to watch again and again :good:

Big thanks to Warren for setting this up, was looking forward to this all day:good:.

Race 1.
Can't say much about any of the races except I managed to finish them all.:laugh2: Handling the Mustang is a bit like trying push the proverbial cow up the back stairs but immensely fun. You just never know when it will understeer, oversteer or try and throw you off track. One predictable thing about it though was it's ability to cock it's nearside front wheel - fantastic fun.

Race 2.
The Cobra 289. My favourite sounds in GTL, just listening to the exhaust popping on the over run - glorious.:clap: Race itself went ok, learnt a lot more about handling this beast of a car, although when the tyres start to go off - forget it. Had it up a two wheels at one point on the penultimate bend so that was my highpoint really. Great car though.

Race3.
The BMW CSL was quite easy to drive fast, but inch it over the limit and I was done for. Managed to break something major and had to pit, just managing to get back out in time to finish. Oh, and apologies for the start chaps, managed to spin around and face in the opposite direction. Oops!

Thanks to all who took part, some really fair driving from what I could see, can't wait for the next one.

Simon. :)

PS Thanks for link Mr D. excellent stuff:good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 68 10.2%