RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

yeah im a bit mythed by this one really. i enjoyed the track with the rad and the sports but theres a huge 5 sec difference in times for me so if anyone would like to chip in what there average lap time is it would be nice as id prefere not to be 2 far eaither way of the pack

EDIT: DAVES A MORON: lol its 190s not the big'uns

The first thing I have to say is: WOW – these kind of races are amazing. The 60 minutes F3000 events were already fantastic, but 90 min is even better because it really allows different pit stop strategies and demands consistent driving. After the race I was so excited that I could not immediately break and go to bed. Instead I watched the replay and collected some things I’d like to share.

But first to the race. I qualified first and had then to decide my pit strategy. According to my calculation it was possible to do a 1 stopper with max. fuel and probably not much fuel left for the out lap after the race. I compared my lap times during the Warm Up session (80 liters vs. 55 liters initial fuel load) and there was nearly one second difference for me. Taking that, plus a few tenth I felt I was faster judging from the Quali results and that I’d rather attack than driving an elephant around, I decided to do a 2 stop.

Start went very well for me and I was able to get a small gap between me an Thierry so that I had not to worry about being attacked from behind after the first straight. From there on I was on my own fighting the clock to get the time needed for my second pit stop. One thing I noticed was, that I won the most time in Eau Rouge and the following straight. Watching the replay after the race I saw a lot of cars bottoming and drifting there loosing 10-15 kph compared to me. IMO its better to adopt the setup for this critical section and accept the necessary settings for the rest of the track.

After 30 min it was time for my first pit stop. I looked at my tire wear ( numbers told me 86% for front and 93% for rear) and decided to keep them for two reasons. First I was curious how long they will be actually good and I wanted to save some time. I came back on track in the middle of the field. Now it was interesting to see who was on 1 or 2 stops. After 45 min I got the lead back but I had to realize that my lap times were constantly 2 seconds slower than the stint before (comparing equal fuel loads). Not to change my tires seemed to be a bad decision. Even more when I learned during my 2nd stop that changing them only took 8 seconds. However, now I know how to judge these numbers. I attached a screen shot where I approached the box for my 2nd stop where I had my tires on for 60 min already.

After stop 2 I came out right between Mikael and Neil and dropped back behind Neil at the end of the 1st straight. On lap later I was able to overtake Neil at the very same point due to more top speed and then I chased Mikael for several laps. Now with fresh tires driving was fun again and at lap 34 of 38 I came beside Mikael and we went side by side through Le Combe (see screen shot). It was very close and exiting and we gave each other enough room. Finally I had the better end for me and passed Mikael. After hunting me for a while he got into troubles and I could drive home…

Compliments to all drivers that finished that race and especially Mikael - if you did not had thad incident with the wall, I think I had to pay the bill for my bad tire choice.

At the end I was very happy that I didn’t make a big driving mistake. I only missed some break points here and there and had to slam into the brakes once to avoid a spin after touching the curbs where I shouldn’t have too. I’m especially proud that I was able to squeeze out the best lap time on the last lap, so I had to upload it too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k23MUi5Ex80[/media]

Better quality version:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/170105843/RD_Event_Spa.avi

I attached my setup too, in case someone wants to try if my setup helps you through Eau Rouge. (Please let me know if it works for you too if you test it. I’m interested in feedback.)
For quali remove some fuel and decrease air intake from 5 to 4.

The last words of this post are directed to Bram and RD. THANK YOU for this event and I’m looking forward to the next similar one.

Nico

Attachments

• Spa_SR_4_252_Race.zip
    846 bytes · Views: 119
  • pit_stop.jpg
    pit_stop.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 173
  • side_by_side.jpg
    side_by_side.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 180
Two things ...

BVM skinpack has a new skin in it ... for our dear ol' Danny Pattiwael should he join us one Friday. Ryan, can you add it to the ultimate skin pack whenever you get round to it pls ... or anyone wishing to can download it directly from my garage over here

In the interest of fun and racing club spirit, I have created a base setup from my first 12 laps here and put it in the setups area for download ... will also upload it in game later when I get chance so that non-premiums can get it too - might not be to your liking, but OK as a starter (for me at least)

Signed smiley no :lee:

Please note:

We will be voting to move from one race to the next, so please pay attention and vote when asked.
At the end of each race, we exit the server, pick our next car from the specified class, and rejoin. As soon as we are all there, we vote to move to the next event practice.

Make sure you select the correct car for the next race, ie it is from the specified car class.

I hope that is all clear.

Due to not really knowing which car is in what class.....i have maybe made a dodgy choice of cars?.

Abarth - Cortina - Capri <-----<< ??

Well the Cortina is in the TC65 class as well.. but you might choose one of the following:

• AC Cobra
  • Austin Healey
  • Corvette
  • Ferrari 257GT/B
  • Ford GT40
  • Jaguar E-Type
  • Lotus Elan 26R
  • Lotus Elite
  • Mercedes 300SL
  • Renault Alpine A110
  • Shelby Daytona
  • Shelby GT350
  • TVR Griffith 400

Name on RD Forum/ In game: Michael Herrmann
Control: G25
Car: hmm let me hard think about... i will take the no i take the man so many cars to choose from maybe i should use the Mini :p
Special remarks: okayama is fun
*** Prepared to step aside to make room for Oceania members in needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%