RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Neil Gault made a little mistake and i climbed to 3rd but lost a little pace at Eau Rouge resulting in having a low topspeed on the straight to la combe. I forced Neil to choose sides (left or right Neil :)) to overtake me and stayed on the middle of the road to defend my position. I think Neil was confused by this tactic and choose neither left or right but decided to bump (lol :)) straight ahead. With a little damage on the rear i got into racepace again.
you must of been reading my mind as it did confuse me for a bit and by the time i decided you had braked and caught me napping and i very nearly ended both our races :embarrassed: after that i lost concentration for a while and dropped 3 or 4 places to around 6th before i could settle down and clock some times again.

Qualifying went well as i hit a PB and landed in 3rd, but being a stupid b****r i decided to play safe in the race and upped 5th and 6th gear to save the engine a bit and also leave some revs left for slip streaming, problem was it cost me maybe .5 to 1 second a lap as the gearing was weird for Pouhon and i was down 4 or 5 mph around Blanchimont. So in the end i finished where i started in 3rd. :good:
But i must say great track for these cars and what fun cars to drives these things are :good: first time i have raced then i hope it will not be too long before we do it again.

• Andrew Evans

ok - ran these for a couple of hours tonight....

MYGOD! this game is AMAZING... i want a future with plenty of GTL in it!! :flypig:

+1

Can't understand why it was collecting dust on my shelf ... needs firing up on a regular basis ... dedi GTL chillout server at RD was a shout from the crowd :wink2:

I hope to make it for races 2 and 3, and will shoot for race 1 ... so please keep me on the list ... my cars, oooh too much fun in em all, but to go with a theme of long noses here you go, my beasties ...

Name in game: Lee Downham
Your Country: Portugal (but I's Ingleeeeeshh by birf)
Car (each race/class): Mustang, GT40, Capri 3.1
Special remarks: Stuff of childhood dreams :D

BTW something to get you in the mood click for a pic

mininight.jpg

Servername: racedepartment USA
Password: click here

Class: Mini
Track: Pau
Weather: Dry​

Practice: 9:00 PM EST, 30 minutes ( Monday 2:00 GMT )
Qualification: 9:30 PM EST, superpole 15 minutes( Monday 2:30 GMT )
Race: 9:45 PM EST, 1 hour ( Monday 2:45 GMT )​

Notes:

This is an endurance event, so please do not sign-up unless you can commit to the entire session.
Reserve drivers will go into a pool and will be elligble to enter the server during the last 15 minutes of practice. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. A post will be made in this thread to indicate when they can jump in.​

due to numerous pillup at T1 on lap1 in all racing club event i will ask everybody to be more cautious at T1. i will also remind you all the code of conduct of RD about contact.​

1. all contact must be avoided, if it happen the driver that have hit or you think it was your fault and caused the other to spin or to go off track must slow down safely and let the other driver regain his place. if it involve you loosing a few places by doing so consider that as your penality.​

2. when hitting someone an apology is in place, either by saying sorry by the way of quick chat or after the race in the chat.​

3. in chat RD will not tolerate not respecting a fellow driver and will kick the offended driver and might even get ban from the racing club.​

those rules are there so everybody can enjoy their racing experience in a clean, fair and friendly environment.​

happy racing Yves ( racing club staff )​

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose
  2. Eric Kaczmarek
  3. Mitchell Phillipi
  4. Morgan Sowerby
  5. Péter Bártfai
  6. Marcel Vd Aa
  7. Matt Alpeter
  8. Chris Vick
  9. William Yunck
  10. Keith Barrick
  11. Driver​
  12. Driver​
  13. Driver​
  14. Driver​
  15. Driver​
  16. Driver​
  17. Driver​
  18. Driver​
  19. Driver​
  20. Driver​
  21. Driver​
  22. Driver​
  23. Driver​
  24. Driver​
  25. Driver​

Reserves:
  1. Gaynall Hudgins
  2. Marcos Ascensao
  3. Timothy Miller
  4. Driver​
  5. Driver​
* PanAmerican Racing skinpack click here

• Ian Landry

Sorry to Ian for hit in race 2

Had some lag issues worse than I knew and it created a few problems for me and others sorry!

Marty, no problem. As I said, that's racing and it happens sometimes. About the lag it was bad but just for about half a lap. After that it was fine. It was more surprising that's all.

Ian

Great track and wicked fun.

Quali: Was a crazy battle of small margins with Marty and Peter. I managed to nail one perfect lap and squeeze the pole by a small margin.

Race 1: Got a clean start luckily and focused on not making any mistakes (ive made lots in this position) and managed to gap myself and was pretty uneventful.

Race 2: Started 8th and the start was pretty hairy and I was taking it extemely easy on lap 1 as this track is a bit unforgiving with incidents. Worked my way up slowly while keeping as clean as possible, with the exception of warren (read explanation below). I found myself in 2nd with about 3 laps to go pushing hard to catch peter who was flying. I managed to get within .5 of him when he overshot a braking zone and this put me close enough for a possible overtake. I pushed hard and made a few bobbles while he maintained his smooth run and this made it impossible to get by. Congrats Peter for an excellent run.

The incident with warren I am sorry for. When I came up on him that quick I was trying to plan ahead and went wide actually onto the outside curb which put me sideways aiming inside of the curbing around a high speed 4th gear corner. I was half on the curb and half on the grass and out of control. It was my fault completely for pushing so hard into that section and I apologize for this. My intention was to get a wide run through and pass exiting and it did not work out as intended, however it ended with me hitting warren and costing him a position and myself two while I waited for him and to type an apology.

All in all it was a great event and congrats to all for running well. Also a big high five to Peter for the split we shared ( great job ). My only regret is the incident with Warren. I will try harder in the future to be more cautious and not put myself that on the edge of losing control when near others.

Thanks Yves and thanks RD once again.

Keith Barrick

A note of caution to all competitors in this festival.

With such a mix of cars and huge differences in speed, the fast cars will descend on the slower ones very quickly, so real care will be required. Watch the mirrors very often if in a slower car. I was driving the E Type on the server with Chris Vick in a GT40, he appeared out of nowhere into my mirrors.

Also, if you are in one of these monster brutes, take great care as you blast up to a slower car, the speed difference is huge in some places.

We will have accidents, so bring plenty of patience and a desire to have a laugh.

Remember, Barry Sheene will only look at interesting, memorable, and fun moments, not who wins. :dance2: :beer:

Sign me up please

As im a slow one can i have a Radical please although these are going to be blown away on the straights and acceleration by the Cat's & GT's.
Just treat it like a multi-class race, mate :good:

If the other cars completely blow the Rads away, then there's a mismatch, the "performance balancing" hasn't worked, and there's nothing really to do about it, but just to enjoy who you end up racing with.

mininight.jpg

Servername:RACEDEPARTMENT.com - AU
Password: HERE

Class: Mini
Track: Okayama/Tiaida 05 HERE

Practice: 9:00 GMT, 30 mins (8.00PM Aust Eastern DST)
Qualifying: 9:30 GMT, 30 mins (8.30PM AEST)
Race: 10:00 GMT, (9.00PM ADST)
Laps: 2 by 12 laps

Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

Please note: This event is open to Trial Members, as part of our plan to have one Sunday event per month "Open".

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for Oceania members in needed.

Entrylist:
  1. Richard Hamstead
  2. Michael Stead
  3. Chris Rodgers
  4. Wally Masterson
  5. Gunthar Rowe
  6. Olaf.j Linortner
  7. Rhys Gardiner
  8. Nigel Roberts
  9. Carlos Fu
  10. Julian Webster
  11. Mtommi Tam