RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

well, was just about to call the whole thing afore before brno qually... but glad we went with it... had some good fun....

drove my arsch off to catch up in brno... went for a do or die on croucher (thinking it was the final lap)... turned out to be a die and then i realised there was another lap to go... :slapself:

mid america was the highlight... love that track... got pole, led the first 4 and then had a lovely battle with paulo to the finish... we almost caught mr moc-moc-a-moc as he was grannying it home with no fuel :)

road one... a bit long - but i had intended us to have twice the numbers!....

big lubs to all those that came to tango....

• Andrew Evans

miniendurojv2.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU
Password: click here

Class: Mini Cooper S
Track: Mugello
Weather: Heavy Rain (rain fix)

Practice: 20:00 GMT (1 hour)
Qualification: 21:00 GMT (30 mins)
Warmup: 21:30 GMT (10 mins)
Race: 21:40 GMT (1 hour 20 mins)

Notes:

This event is strictly limited to 30 slots and sign-ups will close at the start of the event or if slots are filled (unless otherwise stated).

Any reserve drivers on the server prior to the event must leave as soon as the practice session begins.

In the last 15 minutes of practice, a post will be made in this thread to indicate reserves can join the server.

Drivers who haven't joined the server when the reserves are called risk losing their slot.

The reserve list is only for people who are able to attend the event.

People who don't turn up and don't excuse themselves or contact me with a reasonable explanation may be excluded from future events I run.

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Don't forget to install the rain fix, linked above, and bring something waterproof!

• Andrew Evans

Entrylist:
  1. Andrew Evans
  2. Laurance Lemon
  3. David Lemon
  4. Gary Lennon
  5. Sebastien Levret
  6. Bob Miley
  7. Luc Mangas
  8. Sergiusz Radecki
  9. Marcin Wójcik [skin]
  10. Dietmar Auferkorte
  11. Paulo Ribeiro
  12. Richard Bunschoten
  13. Truls Flatland
  14. Matt Crouch
  15. Nigel Atkins
  16. Lewis Fergusson
  17. Dan Coldrick
  18. David Buxton
  19. Pascal Cerqueira
  20. Andreas Löffler
  21. Rob Goldthorpe
  22. Carlos Seoane
  23. Ludwig Ghidi
  24. Ryan Mortimer
  25. Driver
Reserves:
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
Ultimate Mini Skinpack (only link your skin if it doesn't appear in this pack)

• Andrew Evans

r8nightsej5.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU
Password: click here

Class: Audi R8 Production
Track: The Greyhound + unofficial patch v1.1
Weather: Dry

Practice: 20:00 GMT (1 hour)
Qualification: 21:00 GMT (20 mins)
Warmup: 21:20 GMT (5 mins)
Race: 2 x 25 mins

Notes:

This event is strictly limited to 30 slots and sign-ups will close at the start of the event or if slots are filled (unless otherwise stated).

Any reserve drivers on the server prior to the event must leave as soon as the practice session begins.

In the last 15 minutes of practice, a post will be made in this thread to indicate reserves can join the server.

Drivers who haven't joined the server when the reserves are called risk losing their slot.

The reserve list is only for people who are able to attend the event.

People who don't turn up and don't excuse themselves or contact me with a reasonable explanation may be excluded from future events I run.

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

• Andrew Evans

Entrylist:
  1. Andrew Evans *
  2. Laurance Lemon *
  3. David Lemon *
  4. Bob Miley
  5. Piotrek Blaszczak
  6. Nuno Areias
  7. Lewis Fergusson
  8. Nico Major
  9. Karl Westman
  10. Christian Deparis *
  11. Aritan Maia [skin]
  12. Zoltán Kubassy
  13. Gary Lennon *
  14. Tibor Mihaly
  15. Rudy van Buren
  16. Patrick Duivelaar
  17. Ryan Mortimer
  18. Hendrie Klink
  19. Laurent Michelis [skin]
  20. Maurice Hurkmans
  21. David Cuthill
  22. Alexander Boroday
  23. Rob Goldthorpe
  24. Dan Coldrick
  25. Piotr Misiorek
Reserves:
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
BVM skinpack
Team NI skinpack
Christian & Jeff skinpack

Ok, left a full day before posting this so I can have a good and calm perspective on the event.

To me this was an interesting event, the track (not a computer designed track), the car (Porsche with its rear engine) and the so very true maximum that “no plan survives contact!”. :p

Let me start for thanking Eric , RD and anyone else involved in putting this one up (from training server to event divulgation and so on), nice work.

My race (Porsche)

Qualification
Did a decent job and went into the high 17s wish got me to 4th in the grid behind the 2 quick Ferraris (lows 17s) and the Spyker.

Race
(pointless) Considerations
I was very confident for the race, I knew as a all (race strategy included) I had a pace to be able to give it a good take on the win and for sure on the podium. I sow Garry Lennon has my main adversary and maybe those long distance runners, the vette and the Mosler. Sorry Ferrari guys, did you really think a Ferrari would last 70 mins? :p Ferraris are good to have in a garage to show to your buddies and girlfriends, not to race, if you race them, your bill will be very high, come-on, everyone knows that, at least I though everyone did… :D
In practice I knew my race pace was about high 18s and low 19s with 100L fuel inside… and that my pit-stop would only take 15 secs actually parked at the box.

Start

Did a good start (from 4th), but the damn pesky thing in front (a Ferrari) decided to delay its exit from grid, so lost a place and dropped immediately to 5th. After the first few turns I was a happy racer since I saw Garry did a good start and went in front of both Ferraris and was delaying them and not let them impose their .5 second faster pace (low 18s).

Still in the first lap, at turn 5 (when we are back into the non gp circuit), I was touched from behind by Leandro Lage (vette).

In a turn, with tires still not at optimum temperature being touched from behind when braking in a Porsche is a recipe for immediate 180°. Wish I did and that let me parked pointed backwards in the middle of the track, somehow the guys immediately following managed to avoid me, some went up, others down.

Then there was a gap and tried to remove the car from the racing line (to the interior of the curve), when I was doing it Rucheton’s Ferrari came, and unluckily he opted to avoid me passing by the front of the car, the result was a complete broadside and he lost his front splitter. I’m very sorry mate. It was a bad luck case and I don’t like being in the processes of ruining anyone’s race. :(

Leandro… well, that is a close call (regarding the golden rule of this club), we had different lines on that turn (I enter slower and exit faster, you were about to do the contrary), it was the 1st lap of a 50 laps race for GS!

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t upset, but what made me really upset was later when I saw you gave up on the beginning of the lap 2! So I was going by lap 2 and 3 thinking, “damn, that guy came here, to a 50 laps event, basically to turn me around on lap 1 and leave the server at the beginning of the 2nd lap?!

This single event changed everything…

After a 2 mins plus 1st lap, after the things settled (at lap 3 or 4 there was big accident in turn 1), I dropped to 11th, the car was giving 3km/h less in straight line and due to a problem in the suspension was very tricky to do turn 2/3 sequence.

Midle
As I was capable of driving low 20s (1 sec slower than my usual pace) I decided to keep it in the track for a little longer until I cough up with Gaynall’s BMW at lap 14th (he was 8th at the time). Since he was .5 of second slower per lap and was rightfully defending his position, on lap 15 I decided to come in earlier for my pit stop (about 10 laps earlier) to do the suspension repairs and change the tires.

With this option I knew I would be running the tires 10 laps more than planed at the end of the race (I had no setup for that, too few rear wing)…

When I got back on the track the front 5 had a full lap advantage and I dropped to 9th. On lap 19th I caught up with the 5th, Rafael Barbosa’s Porsche, and since I was a full second faster (new tires and suspension repaired), I wanted to "un-lap" myself.

Rafael
gave me a hard time, he defended his “position”, but I finely won the line braking into turn 1 (he touched me slightly but not much came from there).

The next in line was Peter Bártfai (the 4th at the time with a Mosler), he let me go by in the straight (thanks mate). Thankfully when I was getting to the 2nd (I’m in 8th un-lapping myself), it was time for everybody more or less start doing his “normal“ pit-stop, and the all uncomfortable "un-lapping" business finished there.

End Race
After everyone’s regular pit stop I was left in 4th about 30secs from 1st, more importantly to me, 5 seconds to 3rd and a gap of 14 secs to 5th (Rafael Barbosa).

About lap 30 I caught up with Matt Alpeter the 3rd on his vette (at the time I was doing my fastest laps on this event, high 19s but the car was giving 2 km/h less in straight line due to the bumps on the bodywork), we had a very good fight, it was the high point of the event for me… he defended well, my tires were going and all the time I was praying for one mistake from him (it’s all I need kind of spirit, come on, overdue it, come-on… :D).

Well I was punished, on lap 38, not him but me made a mistake exiting turn 7 trying to have a good run to the final turn (turn 8 before the straight), and there my hopes of a podium finish went MIA. I’ve to admit that the Porsche was honest, and did a very “Porschy” thing, the rear tires complained and I did a full 360° :D

Matt escaped into the distance (with a :D no doubt) Rafael’sPorsche took a big dent on my 12 sec advantage and was now about 6 seconds behind.

To the finish I went into damage control mode as my left rear tire approached the 50% mark and maybe it is worth remarking that after the 45th lap, it was good fun to do the last turn before the straight many times in power slide.

A 4th, a well fought one and eventful...

So I thanks everyone who participated, especially those who finished it and congratulations to Garry, our winner and podium finishers (Peter & Matt).

hmm... very long post, well it is good to train my English, sorry ;)

It is so dissappointing that so many people leave after a minor set back like a crash. We had a nice full room at the start (that went wrong for me, because i didnt see anybody, so had to park the car to make sure not to mess up) and currently only 9 are left. Where did everybody go and why?
Is winning more important then having some good fights on the track? Why not make as many pitstops as needed and just drive for fun?

Yes, more or less my feeling...

Speaking for myself, if the engine runs and at least one driving wheel is not blasted I will bring it home. Even in situations of extreme damage (very rare) and a DNF is not avoidable (puts others race in risk for instance) I press esq. but keep myself in the server.

My line of thinking is that I was committed to that race for its duration, either in 1st, 9th or DNF and last. In my RL I made arrangements to be that way... So, unless there is some “emergency”, I have no “better way” to go and will just fulfill my commitment to the agreed race until it’s finished.

Notice I don't feel everybody has to act like this (it’s just me), I just ask everybody to be fair and nothing more (and I think it is sufficient).

Speaking of it, in public servers, and "casual online-racing" many times I also don't stay and just give up when I do have (what’s regarded) small problems and go to other server, but that in my view (again) is another matter…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%