RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

My tale of woe was 3 hours of testing and practice for about 3 minutes of racing. :disapointed:

Quali - met my usual target of ±2 places of halfway with 12th, but like the minis, it was so close, half a second covered about 8 places.

Race1: as we lined up on the grid, I thought to myself - hmm, these race boxes are a bit close together. Got away well, but Bob in front of me didn't, so I had to brake hard to not smash him up the backside, with my evasion options severely limited either side. Sorry for the tap Bob, I was braking to try and avoid it, but the distances were so small, I didn't have a chance. Apologies anyway.

Finally got going and ahead I could see some turmoil evolving after the first turn and a car on my inside at the left hander. I left some room on the inside, but whoever that was decided they wanted a bit more room and we touched, which in turn pushed me wider and into some other cars and we all went grass and gravel spotting.

Even though I got pushed into the scrapes, I thought it prudent to wait for everyone to get going again, so I resumed 21 of 22. got going and was closing nicely on the people in front of me, saw Christian have a bit of a moment going up the hill, and virtually stop. Dave (I think) was closing on him at a rate of knots, and so was I. Christian let Dave past, but then drove across in front of me still going quite slowly albeit to make the turn. I braked slightly to allow him round, as I knew I'd have the run on him on the next straight. Christian then got on the gas on the kerb which slewed him around into me, sticking me into the wall. Adios front of car, adios suspension.

Went into the pits, got a new nose on OK, but for some reason the suspension didn't repair. So I decided to get that done on the next lap, and set off.

This was a mistake, the normally beautifully handling Audi was awful, giving me sudden jerks and wrenches for no reason. I nearly got round to the pits when one of the twitches sent me over a kerb and into a tyre wall, caught fire, damage not repairable.

To paraphrase myself - Boll, and to be perfectly candid, ocks.

Quit back to garage, decide to watch the race - on race monitor I chose the swingman view for watching and saw that, despite being on the tent/garage - I was still on fire.

Alt printed a screen, alt tabbed to create the pic in PS, alt-tabbed back to GTRE - video corruption. Which doesn't go away until you stop and restart the game. So I quit out and went back in and saw that there was no Race 2 practice, so that was my evening. :disapointed:

Still, for what time I had in the cars thanks for arranging Andrew - another winnah! I'll deffo be saddling up the 4 rings again in the future. :good:

• Jeff Leroux

Hl Guys

wow , what evening , what EVENT :good:

GRATS to the podium :good:

qualifing 14 ( not good , but for it's nor BAD )

RACE 1

I failled my start ( a little ) someone HIT me ( not his fault )

in the first corner i hit someone a little ( sorry MAN ) and i stopped my car beacause 3 cars are crashed on the road , and someone else Hit me an other time

in the corner of the entry of PIT someone else crashed my car , he wait me but i go to répair my car and go out of the pit in last

but , all these hits is not important , don't worry , it's the race , everyone make mistakes me too

it's a game

i finished 14 with a pit ( very happy for this résult )

RACE 2

start 14 , no troubles , finish 4 , what a race no more ( BIGS ) mistakes

I am very happy for this EVENING , this EVENT , for this CAR :good:

THANX ANDREW , thanx a lot for this event , put another time this car in RD , it's too fun :good:

Jeff

Got away well, but Bob in front of me didn't, so I had to brake hard to not smash him up the backside, with my evasion options severely limited either side. Sorry for the tap Bob, I was braking to try and avoid it, but the distances were so small, I didn't have a chance. Apologies anyway.

No need to apologise Stu i didn`t feel the tap. I keep practicing my starts but very rarely get a good one.

Sorry, had to drop. Between the spinning and the wall slamming, plus dealing with a major migraine all day, I just couldn't focus. I don't understand why i can run in practice and quali with full loads of fuel but during the race I just couldn't keep it under control. All in all, it was my best start, from 9th to 5th off the line, then the problems and the pounding in my head just got worse, I had to go and shut down and try to relax. Hiding under the covers still hurts, but today is a better day....

Nice improvement Sean
@Peter - I actually ran better with a joystick and using the mouse as gas and brake, maybe I should go back to it. I might drive better (faster) lol

@Peter - I actually ran better with a joystick and using the mouse as gas and brake, maybe I should go back to it. I might drive better (faster) lol

I've tried that also, but didn't really worked for me! I could do better with the keyboard. But this only works with cars like these, I'm pretty sure that f.e. F3000 are uncontrollable with keyboard. Track is also important I think.

I hope my wheel comes as soon as possible! Of course this was a great race but driving with keyboard isn't really as much fun, and it's definitely not good for my fingers.

• Andrew Evans

miniendurojv2.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU
Password: click here

Class: Mini Cooper S
Track: Mid-Ohio Chicaned

Practice: 20:00 GMT (1 hour)
Qualification: 21:00 GMT (30 mins)
Warmup: 21:30 GMT (10 mins)
Race: 21:40 GMT (1 hour 20 mins)

Notes:

Reserve drivers will go into a pool and will be elligble to enter the server during the last 15 minutes of practice. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. A post will be made in this thread to indicate when they can jump in. Drivers who haven't joined the server when the reserves are called risk losing their slot.

Any reserve drivers on the server prior to the event must leave as soon as the practice session begins.

This event is strictly limited to 30 slots and sign-ups will close at the start of the event or if slots are filled (unless otherwise stated).

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

• Andrew Evans

Entrylist:
  1. Andrew Evans
  2. Laurance Lemon
  3. Nuno Areias
  4. Matt Crouch
  5. David Lemon
  6. Marcel vd Aa *
  7. Ben Tusting
  8. Karoly Kajdy
  9. Lewis Fergusson
  10. Sebastien Levret
  11. Stuart Thomson
  12. Neil Gault
  13. Steven Palmer
  14. Ollie Flint
  15. Zoltán Kubassy
  16. John Bergqvist
  17. Sergiusz Radecki
  18. Dietmar Auferkorte
  19. Tibor Mihaly
  20. Luc Mangas
  21. Paulo Ribeiro
  22. Bob Miley
  23. Ries Notenboom
  24. Ken Hunter
  25. Adam Vaughan
Reserves:
  1. Jose Ferreira
  2. Nigel Atkins
  3. Danny Pattiwael
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
Ultimate Mini Skinpack (only link your skin if it doesn't appear in this pack)
Stars of Canada Skinpack

• Andrew Evans

r8nightsej5.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU
Password: click here

Class: Audi R8 Production
Track: Charade 2006

Practice: 20:00 GMT (1 hour)
Qualification: 21:00 GMT (20 mins)
Warmup: 21:20 GMT (5 mins)
Race: 2 x 25 mins

Notes:

Reserve drivers will go into a pool and will be elligble to enter the server during the last 15 minutes of practice. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. A post will be made in this thread to indicate when they can jump in. Drivers who haven't joined the server when the reserves are called risk losing their slot.​

Any reserve drivers on the server prior to the event must leave as soon as the practice session begins.​

This event is strictly limited to 30 slots and sign-ups will close at the start of the event or if slots are filled (unless otherwise stated).​

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

• Andrew Evans

Entrylist:
  1. Andrew Evans *
  2. David Lemon *
  3. Laurance Lemon *
  4. Jeff Leroux *
  5. Christian Deparis *
  6. Lewis Fergusson
  7. Stuart Thomson [skin]
  8. Adam Vaughan
  9. Tim Ling
  10. Péter Bártfai