RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qual: 2nd Finish: 2nd

Took off well and tried an early move on Pat that didnt work so back to 2nd and more or less dropped off sector by sector,Pat had a couple of moments that brought me back in the race but he had the speed to pull away again when he recovered.
Race2 i got another good jump off the line and went to the right of the Ferrari ahead of me and hugged the pit bails,but a yellow car came to there and appeared not to want to go at all...so ended up losing some places instead of good gains,the first lap was good though with some furious action going on,battled up to 2nd and already Pat was gone away in the lead,but i soon binned it....then binned it again and got a puncture and susp damage,pitted in and got a new tyre,back out and it was too much to try and drive with the damage,so pit next lap for repair,was trying to push to get on terms with anything available to race with,and then stacked in epic fail style killing my Cat :(.
Well Done Patrick on the double,and really really big congrats to all who survived that one :good:.
Big Thanks RD making it all possible.

• Matt Crouch

ho ho ho

Attachments

• sachsendead3.jpg
    sachsendead3.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 189
  • sachsendead4.jpg
    sachsendead4.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 249
  • sachsendead5.jpg
    sachsendead5.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 263
Qualy: Went ok, new PB, was a 2:39.xyz, but based on sector times, guess I could have been under 2:39, anyway was content with the result.

Race 1: Started 9th. Stable but but not exciting race, as I was mostly on my own. Finished 5th, due to the drop outs of others.

Race 2: Started from 4th. Came second out of T1 (far behind Patrick who started from far behind me :) ). In the hairpin some people got me. At the down hill Mark lifted of I got irritated, Andrew came like a bullet from behind, basically we all crashed together. I think nobody to blame, we made all bloody mistakes :). Lost many positions, but somehow no damage report, tough the car was behaving different afterwards. And lost little bit concentration afterwards, which made me doing lots of maistakes afterwards, but was anyway mostly on my own. Finshed 4th,due to drop outs :).

I find the track actually very forgiving, when you hit something or go off road, not many damages and at some points hidden walls seems to keep you on track! Anyway I like it!

Great race! Thanks all!

Another rough event for me. Barely completed a lap in practice. Managed to qualify in 12th I think. Got Neil Gault's setup, and improved by 2 sec in warmup. Thanks Neil! :thumb:

Race 1, I was running pretty well. Got up to 9th, and was keeping up nicely. then, braking into the last turn, I suddenly spun right into the bales. I thought someone hit me, but in the replay it looks like the car just let loose. Suspension damage. Managed another lap, and came in to fix. Went back out, and in one more lap, packed it in for good. Those are some tough hay bales! :disapointed:

Watched Gary and Patrick duel it out in the monitor. You guys are really good! I learned some improvements to my race line just watching. In race 2 that sped me up by 2 more sec per lap, so thanks guys!

Race 2 there was a total mash up at the start. I tapped Jeroen (he was sideways in front of me, and I straightned him out :laugh2: ) and that pushed me into those damn bales again!:disapointed: Waited for Jeroen, and followd him into turn 1. I ran a pretty clean first lap, and then, again, just before the last turn, there is a huge cloud of smoke, and cars spinning everywhere. I tried to dodge, but collected Mark Birney as he was sideways in the track. Thaat spun me, and when I got turned straight again, I looked for him, but could not find him. I had major damage, so I headed off for the pits, and down closer to the pits, found mark heading in with only 3 wheels. We both went into the pits, but Mark didn't make it out. Sorry for the hit. I don't know what I could have done better as I tried to avoid you, but I'm sorry to put you out.

In the pits, Andrew ducked around me to the right, and I followd him out. A few seconds later, as I was chasing him, his car just vanished?! No idea what happened there. At this point, I was last, and I just went out and ran the best laps I could. I managed to pass a couple of folks who made errors, and some others dropped out ahead. I did manage to break my suspension on another hay bale later, but limped in to fix it. That put me a lap down to Patrick. I went out and finished in 6th. Just finishing here feels like a win.:thumb:

Tough race all around. Thanks to Gary and RD for the event. Perhaps some day I will actually learn to drive!:laugh2:

See you again soon, I hope!

Chris

• Andrew Evans

In the pits, Andrew ducked around me to the right, and I followd him out. A few seconds later, as I was chasing him, his car just vanished?! No idea what happened there.

that was the point i realised there was no way i was going to get around a lap with a puncture - wouldn't let me postpone the sng in the pits... :wah:

Great race and congrats to Patrick for the double win.

Qual: 4th with an equal time to Keith who gets 3rd but where is the justice in that when he was using my setup:wink2:

Race 1 i managed to get an ok start and was up into 3rd then dropped back a couple of places instead of defending but soon made it up again and settled down to close the 3 second gap to Gary, i think i managed to close it to around 1.5 secs until i started to make mistakes and decided to try and hold my pace and settle for 3rd as i was making no headway into the lead gary had.

Race 2: i made a total hash of the start and got too much power down and spun clipping Jan as he bounced off the car in front of him (sorry Jan).
Sat there for a second in last place and saw Jan was making no effort to move so continued on my way with no damage, then proceded to work my way through the trafic and grasstracking cars and even joined then as i made the odd mistake :disapointed: then coming down the hill i came upon mayhem with smoke, cars spinning on track, off track and parked, but i thought i saw a space and kept the foot down, but the space closed at the last minute as the car that i thought was parked moved across the track, so i am heading for a closing gap doing 125mph and catch my front wheel damaging my suspension sending me flying across the grass like everyone else but i manage to keep it going only to see the recovering Andrew spin off trying to avoid me (sorry # 2).:at-wits-end:.
After that i just settled down and had a great fight pushing hard to gain some places and sometimes just too hard but luckily i never received too much damage and was very lucky to nick second place from Manuel on the very last lap.

Great track choice for these cars, i just love those fast flowing corners that can make or end a race.:good:

• Andrew Evans

miniendurojv2.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM

Class: Mini Cooper S
Track: Mantorp Park (STCC)
Weather: Dry

Practice: 20:00 GMT (1 hour)
Qualification: 21:00 GMT (30 mins)
Warmup: 21:30 GMT (10 mins)
Race: 21:40 GMT (1 hour 20 mins)

Notes

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

This event is strictly limited to 30 slots and sign-ups will close at the start of the event or if slots are filled (unless otherwise stated).

Any reserve drivers on the server prior to the event must leave as soon as the practice session begins.

In the last 15 minutes of practice, a post will be made in this thread to indicate reserves can join the server.

Drivers who haven't joined the server when the reserves are called risk losing their slot.

The reserve list is only for people who are able to attend the event.

• Andrew Evans

Entrylist:
  1. Simon Trendell
  2. Neil Gault
  3. Nigel Atkins
  4. Bob Miley
  5. Dietmar Auferkorte
  6. Laurance Lemon
  7. Lee Downham
  8. Carlos Moutinho
  9. David Lemon
  10. Steven Palmer [skin]
  11. David Garcia
  12. Paulo Ribeiro
  13. Ben Tusting
  14. Gary Lennon
  15. Lewis Fergusson
  16. David Buxton
  17. Neil Farren
  18. Richard Bunschoten
  19. Marcel vd Aa
  20. Nuno Areias
  21. Rich Tranter [skin]
  22. Marty Pierce
  23. Péter Bártfai
  24. Andreas Löffler
  25. Richard Hessels
Reserves:
  1. Richard Trange *
  2. Rickard Javanainen *
  3. Andrew Evans
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
Ultimate Mini Skinpack (only link your skin if it doesn't appear in this pack)
Richard & Rickard Skinpack

• Andrew Evans

but i manage to keep it going only to see the recovering Andrew spin off trying to avoid me (sorry # 2).:at-wits-end:.

lols mate, no worries...

i thought i'd pulled it off with a little wobble and twas only when i was celebrating, like massa winning the championship, that i realised i was now 90 degrees to the road and shed a little tear, like massa losing the championship... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%