RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com MINI
Track: Machwerk 1967 click here to download
Weather: Dry
Start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Race: 80 minutes
Note: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

No sign up list, just drop in when the server gets online at 20:00 GMT. You will decide the track we race at by seconding eachothers post. The track that gets the first three seconds will be the track we will race on Mini Friday.

Example:

Herrmannator: OMG, I want Nordschleife
Atkins: Seconded :thumbup:
Omer: Seconded :cool:
Bram: I want Brands Hatch Indy
Lee: I second Brands Hatch Indy
KennetT: I second Nordschleife...

Result: nordschleife gets picked for this event as it has three seconds

@Lee Downham: offtopic all the way in this thread (but no abuse :cool:)

Now i know why i am the lucky one... Just managed to get in with 3 minutes left on practice. I was there at the beginning but noticed that i hadn't installed the skinpack. I can only do these every 9th week due to responsibilities in SRS so this two server thingy was new to me.

Fisrt of all: Great Race! Second: a bit too long for my taste..

Started from #23 but that didn't consern me. Starting usually at the bottom in SRS i'm used to conwuering many places at the start. And by the L2 was 16th. Then on it was continuous battle. Special thanks to Nuno and McGhee for close, cruel but fair battles. Thank you very many... :)

Finished 12th which was the goal, so i'm pleased with that. Could've been 11th but outbreaked my self in the pits and a stalled, that took a fair 7-10 seconds off. But in the end Jim was quicker so he would've catch me anyway. There's not a lot of passing opprtunities in this track and being always the passed one not the passee :biggrin: i've gather al lot of experience and tactics to cover those moments.

Mini Friday, don''t you just love it.........

Started 11th finished 10th but thats not the whole story.
Made a good start and got a couple of places before turn 1. Now up to the back of my old mucker Bob M, who is beign a bit cautious, nice fellow, so I follow him and I think were 8th & 9th. Lap 2 or maybe 3 I get the totally messed up nvid freeze just before the slow right left in the middle. As I'm thinking this is it, race over, I'm trying everything to get it back but nothings working so I'm just about to hit the esc button when the game comes back but I've hit the wall and the engines stopped. Now most people might just say forget it but not me, hey theres still 75 mins of racing left. I restart her, it feels as though I have all 4 wheels on my wagon, steering is straight, so of I go abeit last & a 5o+ second gap to the guy in front.

Now I start to push like crazy and after about 10 laps or so I start to see some cars and I'm making rapid progress on the guy in front. I aimed to pit on lap 26 but due to all the hard driving I decide to come in on lap 25 as the tyres are shot and I'm losing a half a second a lap. Pit stop not the best as I over shot my pitbox but got it all done and out and start to push again. A couple of laps later who do I see behind, you guessed it, Bob M, & now laping me. Gave the old fellow some room but he decides to give me a little tap, I think he miss judged my gesture, but by the next corner I think he knew what he needed to do. I picked up a few more places before the finish line and crossed it in 10th.

This was a turely awsome race although I never one but just to have the determination to carry on and be rewarded with a top 10 finish. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and it just goes to show never give up as you never know what can happen and what you can achive.

Big thanks to Bram, shame you couldn't have joined us tonight, thx to RD as always & thanks to all the guys that showed up and made this a full grid event, great driving guys. Nearly forgot, grts to Andreas for the win and grts to all podium finishers.

P.s. I hope I didn't spoil anyones race tonight due to my graphics freeze, if I did I apologise but is wasn't intentional.

Well,
I didn't get an nVidea freeze!

Sorry Omer, I was looking for the results too as I couldn't figure it out from the replay!

I qualified about where I expected, 15, 16, 17th, I dunno! The first lap of the race for my group actually lasted alll the way to lap 10! That's the first point I can remember where we opened up a bit and could just drive the racing line. All through the race I was always in sight of 3-4 cars and if I pushed hgard, I closed, if I pushed too hard, I fell back! It was ten tenths all the way!!! Pit stop went well, maybe I shouldn't have taken the time to fix it, it wasn't holding me up till I spent the time on it in the pits. On lap 32 I blew the entry into the esses and had to wait for traffic to go by, dropped three places.

Many thanks to Tom Lee, J McGee, J Edgar, Kennett Ylitalo and really Rob Baggerman for a lot of good dicing at both ends of the race!

Had a decent race for the fact that i hit the track an hour before the race for the first time, and that with my new wheel (the story about that one soon in the related thread under Technology).

Made it 7th, started 14th (or something like that). I liked the track and the fact that it was a full grid: It took actually quite long until the first person left. we finished with 20 people. Very good race night!

Had a couple of good battle, I thing longest and best was with Thomas Lee. About half of a lap we went side by side! Very good!

hahahahah the race logging tool is going crazy ;-)

-->Race Results<--

Its says Andreas as Winner but on the list of the results I'm on P1 lol
Race time it says +0:00.000 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: hahaha

I remember ingame I was +0:00.011 on P2 if I'm right Andreas as winner :smile:

After 80mins of racing ^^ :biggrin:

photofinsh screenshots attached :cool:

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2010-03-06 01-14-46-91.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-03-06 01-14-46-91.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Race_Steam 2010-03-06 01-14-26-15.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-03-06 01-14-26-15.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 163
hahahahah the race logging tool is going crazy ;-)

-->Race Results<--

Its says Andreas as Winner but on the list of the results I'm on P1 lol
Race time it says +0:00.000 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: hahaha

I remember ingame I was +0:00.011 on P2 if I'm right Andreas as winner :smile:

After 80mins of racing ^^ :biggrin:

photofinsh screenshots attached :cool:

on my replay i`m sure Thomas was in 8th, positions 6th & 7th look ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%