rF2 Mini @ Laserscanned Tracks - Monday 23rd March 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those not having enough of racing tonight.
After the Mini event there will be some tests on 2 default rFactor tracks with indycar mods.
Mods: Cart Factor + IDT Champcars 05/06
Tracks: Jacksonville + Sadian Heights 100

• Kieran Mcgeachy

was good fun although didn't finish either race lol but as always plenty of fun and good laugh on ts thanks guys

Cheers Ramon for another good mini event.

Oran Park was a lovely track, and I was mega quick on it, some 7 tenths faster than the rest of the pack.

However the race turned sour. After a farcical first attempt at a formation lap, we set off a second time and at the first bend I tapped Gary off the circuit, sliding off myself. I apologise for not waiting Gary, I have sent a PM, I hadn't realised quite how guilty I was until I watched the replay. I carried on for 4/5 laps, having a good battle with Nigel, who defending extremely, shall we say, heavily. And then crashed while chasing Ben.

Eastern Creek I didn't like so much, but I got pole by a smidgen from Ben, despite Ben's protestations that he was 'just about to beat me, but went off at the last corner' :)

The race was very close and fun. Ramon and Ben got the jump on me, but Ben was very slow, I quickly got past him with Gary following. I passed Ramon a couple of laps later and again Gary followed. Me and Gary were nose to tail until around lap 7, when I was slow into turn 1 and he nailed me into T2. I tried to come back but almost spun after making slight contact. I managed to keep within a few tenths of him, but then outbraked myself by a yard or so, allowing him a big gap. I pushed hard to try and catch him, but I made another mistake, allowing Ramon through, finishing in 3rd.

Thanks to RD and Ramon for setting this up. Oran Park should definitely make a return. :thumb:

I really enjoyed these cars under normal racing conditions on these 2 belter tracks,Oran didnt go well for me,maybe fell victim of my own turbo starts there a bit.....enjoyed the spectating almost as much as racing,many hoots :D.
Eastern Creek supplied my racing fun for the night,in very large doses!!,i thought i got the big nitro start until i saw Ramon going past up my left side and i think eventually taking the bolt shot right to the front!,a good few laps with Ryan fighting out the lead,all good classic tin top style action! :good:.

Cheers Ramon and RD :good:.

Oran Park was fun, despite my lack of mood.
I have a new kitty girl like this one...:in-love:
main.php

with only 2 weeks. Since saturday she doesn't make poop.
Last night she was suffering (or at least family thought so),
i missed the 2nd race start, because i was on the phone with the veterinary. Now my wife is on her way to the vet with Leia (yes, like Princess Leia Star Wars).

So, i beg your pardon to miss and leave second race.

Thank you Ramon and RD for the always great nights! :wink2:

Cheers

The Mini's are fun as always :)

Oran Park was a nightmare in the beginning. Never saw this before and had to check where to drive in the beginning. Lots of extra roads not counting for laptimes :)
After some slides and crashes slowly the laptimes dropped until I was somewhat in a nice position.

Start was ok, but soon had a mistake and had to battle all over. At the end of the race I was in 3rd position but could overtake Nigel. Ben lost his pace or waited and on start/finish he dropped speed completely. I tried to kill him, but failed. I won with a good margin of 0.025sec :)

Eastern Creek was more familiar but I could not do very fast times. But still finished 2nd after Gary.

Ps. small note on formation laps; no weaving and keep a constant speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%