RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

OK little more detail in this post and less emotion.

Q: Was very challenging as I find at the end of every single lap at Riverside I find myself shaking my head knowing there is a faster line out there. Yves is one fast Larose!!! he bests by personal best of 1:14:015 with a high 1:13 with little time on the clock at all. I am happy with my qualifying as I am very consistant with my standing starts. P2 here I come.

R1: We line up and I get myself all worked up for the start. I just love standing starts in this game. The lights go out and I launch my C6 with sheer unadulterated violence down the front stretch. I didnt know if Yves got a bad start or not but he wasnt where he started. I get into 5th right before T2, downshift, throw the car into T2 while nailing 5th gear and with a quick flick of the wrist for a correction I head for the first run through the S's. As I round the crest of the next right hander I get a quick look behind me to see chaos ( this was just forshadowing ) happening with quite a few of the racers. I start to push hard and concentrate on my line. I know Yves is fast as he has proven in Q before, but I figure I will see what I have and give him a run. Well I ran out of talent running the low line on the last corner clipping the apron and spinning my car. Yves and another pass me. P3 is where I am at now. I hold my gap to P2 while saving rubber for few laps in hopes of making a run for it at the end. It looks like Yves gets a little sideways going into T2 and gets mixed up with the P2 car. They both cut some grass and slow enough for me to pass them both!!! I have assumed the lead and I did not want to give it up. I figure if I can keep a little gap to Yves I may be able to hold him off. Over the next 12 laps I gain a little here and he gains a little there. My largest gap was 3.6 seconds and the smallest was less than one second. With one lap left I start to short shift and run a conservative line. I am able to hold off Yves and get on top of the podium. This was a fun race with a great result!!!!

R2: I start 6th right behind Eric (I think) in the Bimmer. I launch again with violence. Some of the top starters do not get a good start and I am able to pass 3 before T2. I have quite the head of steam at this moment and have my eyes on the lead vette. I started to follow Jarrod into T2 as I thought I had passed Stefan. Again Stefan I am sorry. I tried a pass and it only cost fellow racers fun. I am the one that caused the chaos this race. I pull over ( I followed the rules this time ) and waited for Stefan who unfourtunetly was not able to continue. Again sorry. I get back on track and try and focus but am not happy with my driving and lack of patience. I have cut some grass, played at the beach, and did have some racing but my nerves were shot. I make it to 8th but again am not happy with the L1 T2 incident. Maybe I should just stay away from Blue and White cars.

All in all a pretty good time. See you all next week!!

OK this track was really great for these machines! Fast sweepers and a loooooooooong straight made this a roller coaster ride each lap.

Practice I tried to tweek the BIMMER to try and catch the VEtte's of yves and Sam. Couldn't quite get there but had no idea what fuel load they had compared to my 30L.

Quali: well I get the car going but have squeezed all I can out of the current setup wit the wing on 5 and the rear stiffened up. so I make a bold move and drop the wing to 3 and soften up the rear and make a slight gearing change to see if I can get some speed on the back straight for the Vette's. I drop in 20 L of fuel and go out to get within a tick of Yves and Sam until Yves drops a real flyer with 40 secs left to break into the 13's. WELL DONE MAN! I am only .17 off Sam though and only .4 off Yves! Maybe I can sneak a win here since my car DRIVES BEAUTIFULLY responding very nicely to any input I give it.

Warm up: i tweek the setup justa hair more now that she has 46L of fuel and make a tire test. adjust Camber and pressure on one corner and she's as good as it will be today for R1.

R1: I grid behind Yves and inside of Sam'r MISER BAY? livery. I tried a really long first gear to reduce spin on the start and maybe catch one of them blowing off the rubber when the lights go off. I catch Yves a bit and go outside of him. BUT I HVE NO FORCE FEEDBACK in the wheel! It feels like a '77 sedan deville in the wheel but it still steers like a GT car! I touch Yves while trying to get a grip on the car as it is really strange and all muscle memory is useless!

So we are 4 wide going into T1 with Stefan on the very inside, Yves, Me and Ryan respectively. Yves and I touch,me turning him outside into Ryan and they both get a ride off the racing line or surface. Really Really sorry about that guys I just had no feel and true moment of panic to go with the chaos of the moment. Jarrod passes me for P3 and I am P4 ATM flying thru the esses right on Jarrod with NO FEEL IN THE WHEEL at all. I am considering parking the car if I can't get a grip on it very soon! I slide the car all over the place entering T5 and just kep it inside to avoid anyone running into me who hit the corner on line. I keep it inside on the short straight and Yves makes a pass on the outside of me entering T7. I pinch of my exit off 7 to allow Yves room to operate. We touch briefly entering the long back straight and he is away and clear for now.

L 2 I keep up with Yves from the back straight to the end of the esses. I have pace! Jarrod has a little moment entering the short straight and I back off of Yves to avoid a potential 3 car pikle up if Jarrod can't collect it. He does keep it neat and Yves distances from me. AND in my cautioua approach RHYS drives by me in the short chute! I HAVE NO FEEL! But he over cooks T7 Adn I hold a tidy line and beat him off the corner to the straight. I am P5

L3 I make a mistake in the esses and get jumped by Rhys and Corey! damn I HAVE NO FEEL! RHYS AND CORY have a moment in T6 and I get past RHYS in the short chute only to overcook T7 and Rhys repasses me. I draft RHYS down the straight literally on his bumper pushing him. Exiting the last turn Rhys loops it and t bones the end of pitwall! Damn that was UGLY! I am after Corey now and starting to geta feel for the car.

L4 I get a run on Corey after he slide the exit of T7 and draft him down the long straight and slingshot in side for the pass entering T9 the long sweeper.

L5-8 Corey and I battle hard til I finally make a couple of less minor mistakes and stretch out to 3 seconds on him. P5

L9 I am catching Jarrod Yves and Stefan! WOW! then the moment for Stefan comes and I am P4 while he sits in the grass of T6.

L10 I CATCH jARROD ENTERING THE ESSES. I follow him thru them and follow him closely. Exiting the esses to the chute I greedy up the throttle and slide it and have to unload to save the car! damn! Wish I had FFB!

L11 I resume the chase!

L12 Still gaining but slowly!

L13 Jarrod finally bobbles and I pass entering the chute! P3

I stay here to the end. Not bad for a sick wheel.

R2 I unplug / replug the wheel for this one and hope I have some FFB! or do I?

Starting in 6th behind Randy. The lights go off and I nearly hit Randy who is slow to go. I jump back in the throttle and SMOKE EM! I am trying to hang on and not cause a wreck! Damn I hate when I do this! I LOSE 6 SPOTS while the whole field goes by but at least I don;t cause a wreck!

There is a big mess after T2! I slow a bit and look for a hole. I miss Randy, Stefan , Rhys and Dennis who are all in volved! Sam has gone agro too so I am on William and in P7! OK I lost one spot! Willam is like Colin mcRae in the esses and I give him space to recover or not collect me if he can;t save it. He does and I persue. I catch him and pass outside in T1 on lap 2.

L2 Blair gets a litle squirrely exiting T7 and I geta run and [pas him on the straight. I love that 3 setting on the wing!

L3 Corey goes very wide off T1 and I am on top of him with very fast closure. I brake early and let him get settled rather than try a silly bozai pass here. Corey Boobles T7 and I am clean and leading down the straight.

L4-7 I am persuing Ryan and trying to keep Corey at bay. I bobble bit and corey gains while I lose to Ryan. But no change opf position yet. I am P4.

L8-11 Corey finally slips and I am pressure free to get after Ryan who is just holding me down on the clock.

L:12 Ryna finally slips up and slides entering T2! I am on him now but make small mistake of mmy own and he gets aboiut a second on me.

L13-14 we beat each others brains in! Ryan is as tough as they come!

L15 he finally bites it at T6 and I get by and hold P3 to the end!

Fun fun racing guys!

I get #2 overa;; to Yves who could drive the vette like nobody's business. I liked the bimmer cuz it drives so well lap after lap.

Cheers!

Ya, I felt bad for you Eric (and everyone else gridded directly behind me) on the start of the 2nd race. I'm still half frazzled during the starts trying to keep enough throttle to get going, but not so much that I end up spinning like a top at launch. I completely panic'd on that one as I was concentrating on my rev indicator and I looked up and the lights were out and like a bozo, I lifted off the throttle and took me a bit to realize that I wasn't moving and that I should be :redface:

On the positive side, coming into the esses, Dennis and I parted like the Red Sea for you :)

I really liked the M3 here as well, it was like butter from T1 through T7, but I just couldn't keep up on the long straight and probably should have dropped the wing as well. I ran some low 14 laps in that configuration in practice, but it was going to be too much for me to handle for 20 laps and in traffic so I went the safe route.

Race 1: Got taken out in turn T2, cars was undrivable after that
Race 2: Got taken out in turn T2, after that I'm very sorry to driving into the back of you Piotrek, thought my cars was ok after T2 incident, but it wasn't.

Gonna play more iracing instead, where safe driving is awarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%