RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Okay, first of all, I want to thank Eric for organizing this and RD for providing a place to do it. Even though I ran my first race here 2 weeks ago at Mosport, it's really hard for me to consider that, because I only completed 8 laps between the 2 races so I'll just scrub that one from my memory and refer to this one as my first :)

Secondly, I love reading the post race reports, but I don't know how you guys can remember all of the details without having to go back and look at replays. I'm lucky if I can still recall my name during these as there is still so much for me to process at this point

Qualified P6, but felt okay with that as I did it in race trim. I considered trying to put something a little faster together, but I would have been holding on for dear life and may not have been able to even complete a lap.

Race 1, I got an okay start (honestly, at this point, I consider any start where I'm not just sitting there dead in my tracks or spinning across the surface a real good start) and move up one spot with the mess in turn 1. Coming into turn 6, Eric gets a little loose and he catches it, but I over-react and put myself in the barrier and drop to 10th before I can get back into traffic. I was able to pick up a couple of spots on lap 2 due to mistakes ahead of me and spend the next 5 laps getting close enough to Corey and Eric by the end of the esses (btw, this was where my car was at it's best and where I usually made up time on cars ahead of me) and then watching them sail away on the back straight until I finally took myself out of that chase with a mistake coming out of 6. I spend the middle of the race in P7 just trying to string together good laps, neither threatening nor being threatened. With 4 to go, I can at least see Corey again, but there's not enough laps left to really get to the point where I can bother him and was basically gifted P5 when Jarrod and Stefan got tangled up with 2 to go.

Race 2 Started 4th and things immediately return to normal when I completely botch the start and watch most of the field blow by either side of me (yes, that black pylon was me) so I'm back to P10 before I hit the first turn. Coming into the esses, I get collected as Dennis gets shot across the track and I end up back in 13th and pulling weeds from my teeth, but there is more carnage ahead and I get to the mini-straight in 11th. Luckily, there were plenty of laps left and little traffic in front of me so it was real easy to just settle into a rhythm and try to string together some good corners. By lap 5, I get 3 places back and on lap 8, I catch Dennis and William in the esses, but can't find a good place to get by them until the next lap when they both take turn 7 a little wide and I had enough of an opening to get past Dennis on the back straight, but I'm wearing a Vette all the way into the sweeper. I'm still working on William ahead on lap 10 when I notice Sam is coming up hard on Dennis and I and he gets a good run coming to the start/finish line and beats me to turn 1, but has William outside him and has to check up enough for me to squeeze back inside of him and we are briefly 3 wide until the two of them make contact and collect Dennis and I spend the next 7 laps by myself again. With 2 to go, I push it a little too hard trying to get back up with Corey and end up off track, but have enough of a gap that I was able to cruise home in 6th and I believe 5th overall...

I know I don't really know any of you yet, but I've really enjoyed the 2 events that I've entered and the limited conversation on these forums and look forward to more of the same as I'm trying to make these Monday night events on a more regular basis.

Fun night guys and thanks all for the clean racing.

hey warren ... I quickly watched the replay - seems a combination of a fairly wild swerving manouevre in front of you and your slightly late braking caused the low flying gulf aston - we all make howlers, thanks for the apology, also saw you hang back & let everyone past - fair play mate.
one other thing ... someone crashed on lap 1 & called for a restart - not sure who it was but imho that don't work & you shouldn't do it ... restarts to me are for extreme situations or if ppl are dropped from the server, not cos 1 person goes off on lap 1.

Great night of racing - I've never really had a chance to use the GT Sport class much as it was often overlooked in these parts, but I must say it has provided some very close racing in the few races we've done lately. I would go as far to say its almost as competitive as the Minis/Touring cars!

Qual: Nothing new to see here, I am always mid-pack in qual. No flying laps in me, I guess. Start P8 of 15.

Race 1: It seemed like everyone was off to a tentative start, which I thought would result in a clean getaway on Lap 1. Wrong! After initially getting held up at the start and dropping back a few spots, bumper-cars ensued through the first 2-3 turns and I was able to make it back up to P7. I cannot say I truly remember what happened the next few laps, but from what I remember I was chasing Eric through the field with Randy hot on my tail. He was staying pretty close for at least a lap or two, and I was trying to open up a gap on him to get some breathing room. Eventually I could breathe a sigh of relief as I saw Randy overcook it coming off a corner and end up sideways. The rest of the race was a Sunday drive, with me settling in at P6 attempting to challenge Eric here and then when the vette would make a strong run. I lost some time here and there and Eric pulled away, and I was chasing Jarrod and Stefan. Near the end of the race Jarrod and Stefan had an incident near T1 and took each other out, allowing me to move into P4. Finished in P4.

Race 2: Started in P5, and was able to gain a position or 2 at the start I believe. I was getting some lag from Blair's car for some reason and I was a bit skittish trying to maneuver around him fearing a burst of lag and bumped him a bit with some indecisive driving (Sorry!). Yves took advantage and pounced ahead, and Eric N. got past as well. So, I was back where I left off lost race in P5 chasing the leaders. It was pretty uneventful for the rest of the race - about 3/4 of the way through I ended up catching Ryan as he had an injured car and took over at P4. It was smooth sailing until the last lap when I lost focus and ended up looping out at the end of the esses, which allowed Ryan to get a bit close for comfort. Luckily the Corvette was still running strong and could just out-muscle Ryan's limping ride. Finished P4.

Great races again, looking forward to next week!

Nice track for these cars, loved the drive. Thanks Eric for the pick!

I couldn't get qualifying down to what I had in earlier practice but that's OK, the car drove well and I was comfy with it.

R1: A bad start and I'm in the wrong place going into the esses, boxed in traffic. The other cars are moving about and I end up with a wheel off, driving in the sand. As I enter the track again Bill K hits me and spin collecting Bill N and upsetting Eric E. I'd guess Bill K suffered damage big time, sorry for that! Sorry to all for that incident. After letting the dust settle I get going again. L2, in the esses again I'm closing on EricE and boldly try a pass. It doesn't come off well at all, I hit him in the drivers door, and I pull over to allow Eric back on track. I catch up with Willie on L7 at the s/f closing rapidly, just can't figure out where he's going! I end up tapping him into the wall, back off the gas and slow, he collected himself and then I think he pulled over to let me by? I finally come back up to EricE and go by in T9 on L13, I think he went wide just to get away from me! Soon after Sam and Yves go by and then Ryan catches me and makes a pass on the inside, outbraking meon L14 into T7. EricN and Corey lap me just before the end.

R2: I get a better start! Rhys gets an even better one! As he goes by in T2 I go into the sand and get collected by Stefan who bounces me back into Randy. Others are testing the sands all around me, a big mess there! At T9 EricE goes wide and I'm behind Willie. Next lap coming out of T7 Willie gets wheels on dirt and I'm onto the straight ahead of him. BillN is ahead and the distance between us gets smaller. He's wide in T9 at the end of L7 andwe touch going over the line. It slows us a tad and Randy catches us up. Randy gets by me coming out of T7 on L9. Sam blows by me on the big straight on L10! On the way to T2, Sam, Bill and Randy are three wide. Sam and Bill get together, I get a touch of it but get back on track. The rest was very uneventful until I could see Sam behind me on L19 and then he wailed past me n the straight on L20!

I touched too many cars, sorry for all that! Otherwise it was a really fun drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%