RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Race 1
Decided to let everyone go because I like starting from the back. :whistling::whistling: ;) Had a wonderful race though, really enjoyed it.

Race 2
Because of my pressure, Bjorn crashed out under stress. :whistling::whistling::whistling::x3:
I inherited 2nd position and try as I might I could not close up on Alex. And when I did I spun off. :notworthy::notworthy::geek:

But I'll take the 2nd podium spot any day. 2 on the trot as I finished 2nd at Mugello in the Assetto Corsa club last night.

Thanks all, really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

dcd1314ap172_zpsmqaysdb7.jpg

Last edited:
Really liking this track so far - did a few laps yesterday and had the basics taken care of already once I joined the server, though it still took me a while to get up to speed. Soon enough, Nelson joined in running times similar/slightly faster - once on Dennis' setup, Alex joined the fun and qualifying came along..
Nelson seemed to have more speed, but giving it one more go and with quite some luck through some turns, I still managed to snatch pole position.

Although my start seemed alright, Nelson got off the line incredibly fast and inevitably got by - I tried to hang on, but too no avail - soon enough, he vanished into dust and with the rest of the pack running behind myself at about a similar gap, it was a fairly relaxed drive home - P2.

Had a slightly better start into race #2 and after some nice, close racing through the first two laps, I found myself chasing Alex and Andy in P1 and P2 respectively, all while being chased by Nelson. During the first sector of what I think was lap 3 or 4, Nelson first disappeared after hitting a curb and mere metres later, Andy got a bit unstable and I got by to begin the hunt for Mr. Odell ;)
Once I had closed in on him, however, I took too big of a bite from the outside curb of the uphill-carousely-thingy and ran into the wall, argh! With suspension damage soon resulting in another spin, I then concentrated on keeping the car on the road (which didn't always work) to bring home a 4th place.
dlzT8W6.gif

Thanks for racing everyone, lovely track/car combo, see you tomorrow! :)

(Also, my internet went out just minutes after the race disconnecting me from TS - just a single incident, though... hopefully :D)

Well, this post was supposed to be the latest svm file for the car but it looks like I never sent it. In the end, my car was good, I was too cautious and everyone else used the car well.

Pratice times it seems were deceiving with fastest for me not being representative. My race pace was nowhere near quickest.

R1: Yup, the old dog excuse again. You may doubt I have a senior dog but she's here and does need extra care which I'm happy to give.

R2: Maybe I needed traction control, I just couldn't keep up. :D

Well, this post was supposed to be the latest svm file for the car but it looks like I never sent it. In the end, my car was good, I was too cautious and everyone else used the car well.

Pratice times it seems were deceiving with fastest for me not being representative. My race pace was nowhere near quickest.

R1: Yup, the old dog excuse again. You may doubt I have a senior dog but she's here and does need extra care which I'm happy to give.

R2: Maybe I needed traction control, I just couldn't keep up. :D

I certainly would have liked TC and low stability. It would have been much better for me. But I'll keep fighting these unstable cars. ;):whistling:

Was initially slow. Put Dennis' setup on and went 2 seconds quicker. Thanks Dennis!!

Got a good start in race 1, but like the STCC race on tuesday, got boxed in and couldn't go anywhere with it. Settled into 4th place behind Dennis. overtook him and started to pull away but then my cat Wispa decided he'd like a cuddle and began crawling all over me, and Dennis took the place back. Wispa was soon bored of me and so wandered off, and I caught and re-passed Dennis again out of the penultimate corner. At the final corner he went wide and spun, leaving me on my own in 3rd for the rest of the race.

Race 2 saw another good start and I got myself into 1st place. nelson soon caught up and we went side-by-side through the last and first corners and he moved ahead, I had a lunge into the inside of turn 2 and it stuck, Nelson went wide and lost a couple of places, then caught a curb a couple of laps later and fell out of contention hitting a wall. Now I had Bjorn on me, but he caught a curb and hit a wall, which left Andy to have a go. But he... caught a curb and hit a wall.

So yeah, My first RD race win of the year. All thanks to people catching curbs and hitting walls. And also probably there only being 6 of us in the first place.

Last edited:
It's not these cars that are nasty or unstable. The curbs at this track worked well with the TCC cars but created havoc with these little tubs, so it seems cats and dogs did too. We used the least powerful version of the SR4, you will love how they stick on a more open track, even with more power.

Hello,
After a couple of years I would like to race again. I am not a handyman with computers so maybe someone could help me with 2 problems:

Online:
I installed Race On and had to choose or I wanted the steam version or the off-line version.
I installed both but I do not know how to get online.

G27
When I plug in my G27 the game Race on "sees" my G27 but i cannot choose it. I can customize so my G27 works but I think the force feed back is not working. I feel a little but I do not think it was much stronger. I tried to put everthing to max but there no result. May I should update race-on with drivers of the G27?

Hopelfully someone can help and I can race again!
Tom

Tom, with the online[steam] version installed you can play offline and online.
In the main menu go Multiplayer > Internet > and select a server. You should get your wheel working before you do that though!

Have you installed the Logitech Profiler, the software driver for your wheel? Have you run through the calibration/setup with it in Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers in your Windows menu?

WTCC87.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM TC87
Car: WTCC '87
Track: Vara Raceway
Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
20:30 GMT: Qualification
20:40 GMT: Warmup
20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Nelson Ullinskey
  3. -Sam Hill
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201510):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Server is UP!

Last edited:
MiniFridayCLUBRACINGFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Track: Vara Raceway

20:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Damian Millet
  3. -Björn Golda
  4. -John Grant
  5. -Nelson Ullinskey
  6. -Alex Walder
  7. -Michael Klein
  8. -Ivan Fojan
  9. -Robert Covey
  10. -Sam Hill
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201510):

Server is UP!

Last edited:
GTCLUB.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTC
Car: GT Club
Track: Brands Hatch
Games: Evo

RD Club Rules:Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. -Michael Klein
  3. -Björn Golda
  4. -Nelson Ullinskey
  5. -Sam Hill
  6. -Andy Jackson
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -

Server is UP!

637020FormuleBMWflyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM FBMW
Car: Formula BMW
Track: Brands Hatch

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Nelson Ullinskey
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -

Server is UP!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%