RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quite some nice results this week, though I do suspect it might be correlating to the absence of the Blains, Channers and Kleins (partly :D) of our club ;)

Anyways, with the ever so slightly modified setup that I had run at Poznan, I got fairly close to the 2-minute mark though it didn't seem like it would be possible to actually tackle it. Nelson joined in on the fun and towards the end of P2, Michael got fairly close, as well.
Qualifying(s) approached and I managed to get into pole, with Nelson lurking in P2.

Apart from a few milliseconds of wheelspin, I had a fairly nice start into the race and kept P1, building up a smallish gap to Nelson during the following laps. Him collecting slight suspension damage likely didn't help his efforts, though, and neither did missing his pit box.
With Michael in P3 already behind a fair bit, I was now safe to go for the complete set of tyres, which I did, getting back on track about 9s in front of Michael.
Afterwards, I had a fairly relaxed drive home, building up the gap on fresh tyres and collecting minor suspension damage thanks to all the slight barrier-bumps throughout the race.

Thanks for racing, guys! See you at Valencia/Monza next week!

IT's always great to have everyone on TS, thanks guys! It's easy to see how it helps our events run smoothly, there's nothing like it.

Boy, it took me a long time to get a car that didn't direct itself at one wall after another. Finally it all came together and I was on the road to consistency, sorry once again, no speed. That success came after quali and I was lucky to get a lap in at all for my wall smashing :)

Race: A good launch but not the fastest, I'll blame my gears. I gave way to Sam at the first fast left and was following him through the slow right when Ivan bumped me into the barrier, only slight suspension damage so back on the road as though nothing happened. I waited a bit longer than usual to pit and was amazed to find Damo sitting there as I went by a lap or two later. Fortunately he ran into problems that kept him from chasing me down, which I know he likes to do. I didn't have the speed of drivers to the front but one never knows so I kept pushing as hard as I could to the end. 5th out of the whole thing was lovely!

See you next week!

Regardless of the fact I crashed out on lap 14 was fun jumping back into a mini after being engrossed in AC and running the big V8's over at RylR

Qualify:
Qualified about mid pack but with some issues before the start of the days race ended up starting 3rd right behind @Björn

Race:
Spun off the line but kept into 3rd and managed to hold on to it through lap 1 with @michael Klien right on my tail. Over shot my braking point at Garden on lap 2 letting him then a nice move by @damian Millett at the Cylinder dropped me to 5th. @Sam Hill got by putting me to 6th which started a nice battle. Would have got around him when he lost it coming to Garden but had no where to go.
16735814932_9c5b74bea7_c.jpg

Next lap I lost it at Garden picking up suspension damage and dropping me to 7th. Was running around pretty good and pitted just before lap 12 fixing my suspension and grabbing tires. Stayed in 7th coming out of the pits and was starting to gain ground on Damian when when I lost all grip coming into Railway and slid into the barrier head on ending my day.

As I said at the start its fun to have some time to jump back in and race with everyone as its been a while. Hopefully I can start making more events.

Great event. Enjoyed this track a lot this week!

Qualifying
Got a good lap in for p4 before the server issues. Was demoted to 9th by default so we all did some more laps. Took 5th in that session before the event was restarted again and we went straight to warmup. I ended up last again :(

Race
Got a good start getting past @Dennis Phelan into T1. On the exit of the first left hander I clipped the wall and took my first bout of suspension damage. Took another position from @Damo when he ran wide. Held off @Robert Covey and @Damo till the pits when I got the jump on them. Held a 10ish second gap till the end and closed in on @Nelson Ullinskey when he made a couple of mistakes. All hell broke loose on the last lap when I got 2 front punctures! Managed to scramble across the line in a shower of Sparks to take 4th.

Thanks to all for the race. See you next week! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%