RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I was very pleased to have a car that didn't turn on me come race time! It handled like a champ thru all the sessions.

All went well until I got to the back straight on L1 and my screen went black as a graphics glitch hit me. I turned the wheel ever so slightly to the right to let people get by and it recovered just as the last car went past me, WHEW no damage!

After catching up with David and Tommi it was smooth to my early pit but that placed me in a no mas land until the very end of the race when Hristo came out of the pit and constantly closed on me. I threw some nails out on the track and spilled some oil in the corners but nothing could stop him! Finally he got close enough to push too hard and I was clear to the finish.

Kennett thinks he promised ten drivers, well I'm glad for all the friends he brought, from Presto and elsewhere! I could only bring the dedicated Race 07 drivers that haunt this part of RD!

Everyone knows next weeks track, let's fill the sign up sheet :thumbsup:

Really fun event! I'm glad it was only 40 minutes, i could've not keep it any longer. Lost my splitter but that didn't affect handling at all... 6th in qualy, a bit of a surprise, i just did a banker lap with 50l of fuel :) Had to ditch the first attempt due to traffic.

Race: Took it easy on the opening laps and slowly started to get to the pace needed. There were some differences in driving lines and braking points, i brake early and tried my best to keep it balanced on those two deadly places: first chicane and 3th last corner. Took an early pitstop (two front tires) but those rear tires been worn and cold, lost it once on the first chicane, minor suspension damage and splitter lost (like i said, no chance in handling what so ever...) Started to dial brake balance to front until it was 66/34, then the rear started to hold again. Didn't make any real passes or tried to fight with anyone, counted on mistakes but they were surprisingly few. Should've just stick to my plan of getting pass Nelson while he was lapping Valerio, we went three wide on that turn before backstraight, i did have the line but it was just too risky (most likely i would've went wide in the exit and banged with someone..) .And i could've started my attack a bit earlier in the end but i did the same mistakes on the last turn trying to feel what grip was left on my tires.. Should've could've..

Really good event. Generally people respected the first chicane. I saw Justin take the uphill two right handers between yellow lines, was a bit surprised.. But it gave me nice comparison: no time gained by going over those curbs, in the second one, before back straight, i lost time if something.. Another funny thing: backstraight.. everyone else had one turn more in that track, going all the way to the left, right next to that wall, then turn to the right, on to the drivingline, steady the car and take that sweeper.. There is a better way, just imagine those dashed white lines are the wall, one could keep the car straight all the way to the turn-in point, balanced, relaxed.. Gained on them there almost every lap, except that i didn't get a good tow then.. Well.. my track had one less turn :)

Hope to see as many or even more people next week. 40 minutes, at least on this track was really fine, on the halfway point i thought that is is too short but by the end, it was just perfect.

Yeah, I found there was better drive out of the corner if the car wasn't bouncing over the curbs. Worked well in the WTCC/STCC cars too :)

Noticed that too, i was worried that had i gone too wide all the time and the time difference in the first corner was same and i tried to not bounce on the second exit, just faster that way with both front wheels on the ground.It was too late to start practicing a new line with worn tires, tried it few times but ended in the same place anyway (the turn-in point is different)..

Just if anyone looks at the replay and counts cuts, each cut i made on first chicane, i took 2 tenths penalty on delta time.. There were not a lot of them, maybe four, none intentional but it's my internal penalty system, i just can't took unfair advantage.

Last edited:
Because of a complaint about cutting: I've spent the past five hours reviewing each drivers race, every lap, every corner, every cut made during the event. As usual there were a few drivers that abused the track limits as well as drivers that made mistakes and drivers that drove well.

The abusers are the big losers, they're simply not as fast as they think they are and the game they play is detrimental to the fun we expect to get out of club races. Whether you recover from the mistake[add a bit to your lap time] or not doesn't really mean much if you are continual in your behavior. You are only cheating the others, maybe creating a hostility against you but certainly cheating yourself and no matter what your laptimes, you're just not really that fast a guy.

We all make mistakes. Our aim is to go fast. When we drive a circuit and make a decision to direct the car, we can easily tell afterwards that it was not the way to go fast. We make every attempt to chose a different line, a different timing or chose another way to complete the corner that slowed us down the next and every time we make another circuit. We strive to cut the number of mistakes that we make, knowing that doing so will increase our average speed, lower our lap lime and make us the hero's we know we are.

The RD rules establish track limits and for this event they were fully described with pictures and text in the event thread. This is for fun. it should be easy to obey the rules. I only ask that you try better next time. Some of the high number of cuts indicated below are ridiculous, most are acceptable and a few are what we strive for.

Dennis Phelan 14 cuts
@Justin Swan 6 cuts
@Kennett Ylitalo 20
@Nelson Ullinskey 11
@David Kingshott 13
@Hristo Milushev 11
@Toni Keränen 1 (one lap completed)
@Björn Golda 3
@Simon James 27
@Kai Syvertsen 19 (only 19 laps)
@Valerio Vinassa 12
@István Milbich 23
@Tito Parisi 25

If you don't believe me, check your replay.

Dennis Phelan 14 cuts
@Justin Swan 6 cuts
@Kennett Ylitalo 20
@Nelson Ullinskey 11
@David Kingshott 13
@Hristo Milushev 11
@Toni Keränen 1 (one lap completed)
@Björn Golda 3
@Simon James 27
@Kai Syvertsen 19 (only 19 laps)
@Valerio Vinassa 12
@István Milbich 23
@Tito Parisi 25

If you don't believe me, check your replay.

I believe you, really didn't know i did THAT many, wow, you had too much work to do here.. Really ashamed of my driving, i have to check where those cuts happened (first chicane, right?). Everytime i knew i cut and a gained time, i took a hit on delta time, could only remember 4 occasions. I went over it many more times losing time, trying not to cut but just losing the rear and correcting that so i wont cause a massive accident (it's technically still a cut..Just not intentional) But i had to have just a wrong line, thinking i'm on the line when i was actually over it. Excuses, yeah. Really really sorry.

For defense of all drivers, the track is pretty tricky, that first chicane is not a chicane that is there to make it safer like they usually are (decreasing speed on long straights for ex). Instead it's freaking dangerous, the speed is massive and that pile of tires in the left side makes it even more dangerous cause you just can't turn in early. 1m more room and it would've not been such a massive safety issue. On cold tires it was really really hard, i almost lost my rear so many times there.

Bjorn and Justin really deserve a lot credit from being the most legit. But that amount of cutting tells me that the fault was more on the track than drivers... Hope this wont deter anyone from joining, we can ALL learn from this and get better. We don't have such problem in presto but we do drive on F1 circuits where such track layouts simply can't exist (FIA grade A circuit handbook prohibits those very VERY clearly..)

Maybe never ever use Adelaide again? It doesn't suit simracing.

Well I hope it sends out the right information. @Björn Golda and myself had the least cuts and we finished 1st and 2nd. There's a message there!

Obviously, locked brakes, worn tyres, too much over/understeer will cause a loss of direction and the "ODD" accidental bounce over the curbs but, and especially around this circuit, it's NOT necessarily quicker to cut and like Dennis says, you're cheating at the end of the day. I'd certainly get no satisfaction from being quick or winning if I'm cheating my fellow racers. Of course I'd prefer my cuts to be zero but I am human and did make a few mistakes but gained no advantage from them.

Thanks all, nice event:thumbsup:
Race: after start in lap1 between turns I see a red cars blocked in middle i take but was only lag in lap 2 again in back straight a motionless black car in middle I tried to avoid but in true not too seriously I thought was again lag NO this time was solid car:D so I hit on side and damaged suspension forced pit repair and go on track push hard for do some nice PB and along race I understand that with more pressure may gain some position so after mandatory pit I see that some chance, was possible pushed and at the end I gain two place and If I do some calculations it's not bad:)

Thanks Dennis, Kennet RD and all participants;)

Dennis said: After catching up with David and Tommi it was smooth to my early pit but that placed me in a no mas land until the very end of the race when Hristo came out of the pit and constantly closed on me. I threw some nails out on the track and spilled some oil in the corners but nothing could stop him! Finally he got close enough to push too hard and I was clear to the finish.
save you that I received a massive freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%